cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: How to control other devices from Pandora App

taarfirion
Local Performer

Hi,

I did a search and found no similar questions/solutions. 

I am looking to use my Pandora App on Android, find what I want to listen to, and tell the App to play on a device in my home such as Sonos or Savant/Autonomic. (I know I can but am not looking to use my Sonos app to play a Pandora station.)

This is a feature available on Spotify Android app and I find it crucial. Because Sonoa/Savant/other apps don't implement the full feature of Pandora app and I cannot for example search for exact songs to play (Premium subscription).

Can someone tell me if there's a way to do this I missed, or if its a coming feature? I want to stay with Pandora but this is enough to make me switch to Spotify.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @taarfirion. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. 

Unfortunately, this isn't a feature at this time. However, another community member created this idea for other community friends to upvote: Ideas: Control playback across devices

• To upvote this idea, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the suggestion and leave a comment to express your interest in seeing this option implemented. 
  • For more information about ideas work on the community, please check out: Ideas Policy & FAQs

Using Pandora with Sonos: 

In the meantime, you can group, edit, control and stream to your Sonos device directly from the Pandora app.

• Make sure you're connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos device, and open the Pandora app.
  • You'll see a casting option (a rectangle with diagonal lines) on the Now Playing screen. Tap it to initiate a connection with your Sonos device. Once you've connected successfully, the casting icon will appear filled in, and a new navigation screen (or "device shelf") will appear. This shelf will allow you to edit your Sonos groups, select which devices to play through, or control the volume of your devices.
  • Just click on Show Group to make edits to the currently playing devices, or Edit to make changes to other groups.

For more details, we have this article in our help center: Pandora on Sonos

Thanks for checking out the Pandora Community! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.10.24)
0 Kudos