cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Voice not responding to Hey, Pandora commands

MusicFan78989
Local Performer

All of a sudden, voice search has stopped working. It will respond to, "Hey, Pandora" and open the search screen. When I speak, "Play...", the microphone icon pulses to the rhythm of my words, showing that it hears them. But nothing else happens. Then it usually returns back to the homepage. Yesterday, it crashed and restarted instead.

This is the same non-response, whether I am using wifi or cellular. 

I have double checked that the app has permission to use my mic and the voice search is on (again, this started on its own, without having made any changes). I tried clearing all the app's data, updating the app, completely uninstalling and reinstalling, and double-checking it can run in the background without optimizing the battery. I just cleared out more memory on my phone too.

Still no change. Texting and emailing support just sends me back the same response on how to turn on Voice Search. It's on. I never turned it off. Now what?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
16 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan78989 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Nicki9252
Underground

I am having this same issue. The issue remains after an app update and clearing the cache. Seems to be a new bug (android device, issue is exact same as posted original issue)

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nicki9252 Sorry to hear those steps didn't help.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Nicki9252
Underground
Android security patch level
January 1, 2023

Build number
TP1A.220624.014.G988USQS3GWA1

version: 2401.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 24011009)

I randomly and unexpectedly had the voice command work today just now. I
was having the aforementioned issue in my vehicles bluetooth and
disconnected from Bluetooth the issue had continued. I will be prepared for
it to stop working again and have screen recording ready to go.

Thank you

JasonZitt
Underground

I have the exact same issue. 

Was there a resolution? Im using a Samsung A53. I have tried clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling. rebooting the phone. 

Still getting the same issue.  

It will respond to, "Hey, Pandora" and open the search screen. When I speak, "Play...", the microphone icon pulses to the rhythm of my words, showing that it hears them. But nothing else happens. Then it usually returns back to the homepage. or playing the song it was already playing

TannerPandora

Hi @JasonZitt 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with 'Hey, Pandora'. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

Can you please confirm:

• Android OS:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JasonZitt
Underground

Android 14

Pandora version 2401.1 

tuner 24011009

The only time I really use pandora is when Im driving. If the voice feature doesnt work it isnt useful at all.  This has been doing this for a couple of months. Is there a way to just roll back to the older version that actually works? 

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the follow up, @JasonZitt

We do not offer previous versions of the Pandora app to download. If you are using an Android device that is not able to upgrade to Android 7.0 or higher, you should be able to download a previous version of the Pandora app from the Google Play store. 

In the meantime, I've shared this device details and feedback with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Tscarafiotti
Underground

Having exact same issue. I have literally mirrored this post in my issue and what ive done.

It does work in my home network area, but outside of that... nope.

No sense in keeping my subscription if this is not resolved soon. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience, @Tscarafiotti. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I've added your feedback to the internal ticket we have open for this issue. Your patience is greatly appreciated during this process. 🎧

chz5150
Local Performer

I finally found a forum that describes the issue better than me. I have been having this problem since, what I feel, was a User One update, one which seemed to istaul their AI software because I got a prompt almost immediately after. I have a Samsung S21+ and most likely the most recent version of Pandora because I have reinstalled it several times and it finally took an update last week but it didn't solve the problem. I called T-Moble and they forwarded me to Samsung support but Samsung support isn't what it used to be. It's very frustrating I use the Pandora everyday on my phone and PC Even with the glitch I like it better than Spotify. I hope they find a fix soon. Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @chz5150. 👋

Your feedback means a lot to us, thank you for taking the time to report this. I definitely understand how frustrating this can be.

We've received reports from other community friends about similar experiences after that update. In the meantime, our moderation team is sharing all feedback with our engineering team. That being said, I have shared yours as well - thank you for including your device info.

We appreciate your patience as navigate these issues. 🎧

SirMatthewKBE
Local Performer

Add me to the list! It JUST happened to me.  IF I ask Google Assistant to ask Pandora to play a song, it does but that's the ONLY way, and it is a bit sloppy. 

Samsung Galaxy A13 5G 

Android Version 13 

Pandora Version 2403.1 

Oh, forgot to add I did submit a formal support request and if I get a solution, I'll post it.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Tscarafiotti
Underground

I canceled my premium account until they resolve it. I wont pay 1.00 more for an app that now does less. 

0 Kudos

JasonZitt
Underground

I did the same

0 Kudos

Nicki9252
Underground

And it started up again yesterday. I have yet to update pandora, unless it has done so without my permission according to my settings. 

0 Kudos