cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora closing podcast station

Delimontis
Local Performer

Pandora keeps closing out stations I'm listening to without me doing it manually.  Causing me to have to go back into the app constantly to go back into the station to get it to play the next podcast.  It's not my phone or operating system.  It's happened consistently over different phones for several years.  I'm just finally fed up with it happening.  Is there any settings or something else I'm missing? 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Delimontis I moved your post over to the Android space.

I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

What exactly do you mean when you says Pandora keeps closing out stations?

Does the app crash and you are sent back to your home screen?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Delimontis
Local Performer

It doesn't crash.

Just as explained.  When I'm listening to a podcast station, it closes it out to where when the current episode of the station is over I have to go back to the station through Pandora just as if I just opened Pandora.  

Was where I originally posted this not relevant to have to have moved it? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Delimontis Thanks for following up.

To explain why your post was moved - since this is a support issue and sounds specific to your phone, I moved your post over to the Android space to keep things organized.

I understand that you've been experiencing this for several years now, so to help begin our investigation, we'll need you to help answer some additional questions.

Device details:

Can you please confirm:

• the make of your Android device
  • the Android OS version (Settings > About Phone)
  • the Pandora version of your current device
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Podcasts stopping after each episode:

I noticed you don't have any podcasts collected yet.

To clarify, when you listen to a podcast, do you normally search for it, and then play the episode you want to listen to without adding it to your collection?

If so, can you please add the entire podcast to your collection, and then try listening to see if that resolves the issue?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Delimontis
Local Performer

I have 23 podcast stations stored on Pandora in my profile.

The version is 2310.1

Not going to do the rest of all that seeing as that my OS and device is not the issue

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your experience, @Delimontis. We've passed the information you've provided to the appropriate party on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos