cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora resumes playback after pause

hypoxic
Local Performer

Thank you for responding, but asking us to say the same things again isn't going to fix this.

The behavior reported is the app is playing (sound) after it has been intentionally paused/stopped.  From a user standpoint we don't care about the specifics if the app is launching/playing when the paying user doesn't want it to. 

It appears there is an advanced option to "disable auto-start" that may have possibly stopped the undesirable behavior, but I'm not holding my breath.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @hypoxic. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble.

I moved your post over to a separate thread as your experience sounds a bit different. Can you confirm that you have the Launch from car setting enabled on your Android phone?

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap the Profile tab
  • Tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Select Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices make sure there is a check next to Launch from car.

If this is enabled, could you please disable it? 

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

hypoxic
Local Performer

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Android/Android-Pandora-turns-itself-on/m-p/141419/highlight/true#M...

"if I disable Advanced > Auto Start and don't 'automatically play music when pandora starts', the issue no longer repros."

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Android/Android-Pandora-turns-itself-on/m-p/141419/highlight/true#M....

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @hypoxic 

Thanks for confirming that disabling Auto Start has resolved your previous experience.

Please note, it is expected that Pandora will begin playing when launching the app on a mobile device. However, as a Plus or Premium subscriber, the ability to disable this functionality is available.

We appreciate your feedback around this functionality and I've made sure to pass this along to the appropriate teams for review. 

Thank you for being part of community.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos