cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pauses / Stops After Receiving Notifications

Mz1
Local Performer

I will be listening to music or a podcast on pandora, and when I get a notification (text, snap chat, Instagram, etc) it will pause the music. But when the notification goes away it will not continue to resume playing. I have to open the app and push play to continue the music. This is very annoying when I'm working and have to pull my phone out to press play every time I get a notification. I was wondering if anybody else has this problem and if there's a way to fix it. I've tried to go into the pandora settings, my phone settings, cleared the data, re download the app. But nothing has seemed to work. The problem started when I got the Samsung galaxy 21. I didn't have this problem with my previous Google pixel 3. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mz1. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I understand how frustrating this can be.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. We'll want to capture this information to share with our engineering team in a trace log for your account. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Android Troubleshooting

I can also report this to our engineers on your behalf, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

Tahanus
Local Performer

Whenever I get a notification on my s21plus pandora keeps pausing and I have to manually restart it is there any fix for this

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Tahanus. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: App Pauses / Stops After Receiving Notifications

Please check out my post about this issue here.

If the issue persists after running through the troubleshooting steps, feel free to provide the requested device information so that I can share this with the appropriate party on your behalf.

Let me know how the steps work out for you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

FreddyS2
Local Performer

I saw a couple other people post this too. My Pandora app has also been pausing for every notification that pops up and I have to manually play it again. This is more a recent issue I've noticed at least for me. I've already silenced notifications on my phone and the app, not sure what else to do. Anyone have solutions? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @FreddyS2. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience on the Pandora Community. Your post was moved over to this existing thread: Android: Pauses / Stops After Receiving Notifications

Have you tried clearing the app data on your Android device? If not, I would recommend starting here: Android Troubleshooting

If you notice that the notifications continue to pause the Pandora app, would you mind sharing your device details? I'll need the following details to report this to our tech team:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos