cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

Silverbemr
Underground

I have updated my Samsung s23 to the latest software, I think it's one ui6 and since then Pandora has had all kinds of issues. It won't autoplay after a song is done even though autoplay is on, it also keeps playing music when you disconnect a speaker from it. The only way for you to get it to stop playing is by going into the app info and doing a force stop. You can't even get it to stop playing by going to the task changer View and swiping the app closed. It shows that it is paused in the notification drop-down but it is still playing. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

47 Replies

rookiebeotch
Local Performer

i get this issue almost everyday. especially when am connected to a blue speaker in golf cart. with music playing i turn golf cart off[including speaker].  then pandora shows the play button as if it was stopped (triangle symbol shows). but music is still playing from phone. 

hitting play button repeatedly does nothing. i have to kill app to stop music. 

this also happens with bluetooth in car.

i have auto play and start disabled.

and on top of that it sometimes doesnt let me skip songs. and if i pick a diff station it plays BoTH songs simultaneously.

this has been happening for several weeks

0 Kudos

kkennedy
Local Performer

I am getting VERY high data usage in the Pandora app on my android device (Samsung S24). For April 1st and 2nd I currently have 663MB of data used. I have "Allow background data usage" off as well as "Higher quality audio" turned off. I only use Pandora on my phone while driving and have driven less than 1 hour for April 1st and 2nd. I don't understand where this data usage is coming from. Any help would be appreciated as I am overrunning my cell phone plan and may need to completely remove Pandora.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @kkennedy. 👋

Thanks for reporting this on the Pandora Community. I completely understand your frustration. 

Please check out my recent post around high data usage here. In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our tech team on your behalf.

Let me know how it goes and whether you continue to notice the high data usage. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

kkennedy
Local Performer
Hello, I have looked at that article and have been closing the pandora app,
but I am still seeing high data usage. I also don't quite get why Pandora
would not auto-pause when no longer connected to my vehicle. So I am in the
same boat with high data usage and (at least from my perspective) barely
using Pandora.

Any further help would be appreciated!
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with those additional details, @kkennedy. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

Unfortunately, it sounds like we've exhausted the troubleshooting path. In the meantime, I've shared your feedback and experience with our tech team on an internal ticket. We appreciate your patience during this time. 🎧

0 Kudos

Faster340
Local Performer

Similar issue. Won't advance in the car sometimes. Won't shutdown and plays on the phone after I turn the car off. Have to kill the app to get it to turn off.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Faster340. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running in to a similar issue. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

I can share this information with our tech team on your behalf. Would you mind following up with additional details about your mobile device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Hunted72
Local Performer

Hello, I am having a similar issue.  It appears to be with any Bluetooth device.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+.  All OS updates completed on the device.  Verified Pandora app is updated.

I have a Bluetooth Speaker, Bluetooth Headphones, a Bluetooth stereo on my motorcycle, a Bluetooth stereo in my pickup truck, and a Bluetooth aux adapter I use to play music on an older set of speakers I have in my shed.

The issue has occurred on all devices.  It can be sporadic at times.  Sometimes it will do it everyday for a week straight.  Then a couple of times per day, it won't happen.  It occurs when I shut the Bluetooth device that I'm connected to off while Pandora is playing or open on the android device.  Even if the song is paused, it will start playing as soon as the Bluetooth device disconnects.

If I close the app first, I don't have the issue.  If I don't close the app when the issue occurs, the app will start playing through my phone speaker and I am unable to pause or stop the music without closing the app.  There have been times that even closing the app does not allow the music to stop.  I will have to reboot the phone.

This issue has been on-going since around November/December 2023.  The issue occurs on cellular data as well as WiFi.

I listen to Pandora frequently throughout the day and when travelling.  This has become a major nuisance.  To the point I have started using the free version of Spotify and Youtube.  With those apps, I do not experience the issue when disconnecting the Bluetooth device.

It seems to only be an issue with Android Galaxy devices.  We have a family plan.  All other members use an iPhone, differing models.  One person has a Google Pixel.  No one else in my family plan has reported the issue.  I have tested installing the app on my work phone which is an Apple and I have not experienced the issue there.

When I read through the comments, it appears to be specifically Galaxy devices.

0 Kudos