cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
318 Replies

Jesse12190
Underground

After going through the troubleshooting steps, I am still having issues with my pandora app freezing, not allowing skips, and just simply closing itself out. These issues happen both online and offline. I have Verizon service and a Samsung galaxy S23+. This issue has been getting progressively worse. I have no error messages or grayed out buttons. I love my pandora app but wish it would work properly. Please help to resolve this issue. 

aronweiler
Local Performer

This is happening to me on my galaxy S21. It makes Pandora unusable.

Looks like this has been an issue since December and there's no solution yet?? Come on guys, that's ridiculous.

I'm considering cancelling my family plan if this isn't resolved shortly.

0 Kudos

linneas
Underground

So the uninstall / reinstall  that I tried a few days ago went fine until I tried to connect with a different Bluetooth device.  Now I am back to the same problem as before with the controls being unresponsive

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Jesse12190. I've relayed your feedback to the appropriate party on your behalf. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

Frknvgn
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. The recent update made the Pandora app on responsive and playing Over my phone speakers. When I disconnect from my vehicle. It requires shutting down and restarting the app. When will there be a fix?

KayKaySlay
Underground

I am having the same problem. My Pandora won't pause and I have to force close it to stop. I have tried all of the trouble shooting and nothing helps. 

Model: SM-F926U1

T-Mobile

Android version: One UI 6.0

Pandora version: 2401.1

0 Kudos

Jimash40
Local Performer

Anyone else having issues with pandoras play skip search features freezing up all the time? Mines been going on for last few months where I have to clear all used apps to restart pandora. Even then it works for maybe ten minutes before having same issue.

0 Kudos

Jimash40
Local Performer

How many of us having this problem are using Samsung phones? I've read 4 to 5 comments about this problem including myself and the common thread seems to be samsung phones. 

0 Kudos

dsal81
Underground

Still no fix, this is unacceptable.  This has been a known issue since December.  The "accepted solution" is not a solution.  

tbgiantsfan
Underground

So is Pandora going to comp monthly payments since this problem hasn't been resolved. It's been since early December with this issue. What is ETA for fix patch?

0 Kudos

FrinkTL
Local Performer

Samsung Fold 5

T-Mobile

Pandora version 2401

Connected to Wi-Fi

Happens when connected to Bose Bluetooth headset, but still won't respond after turning off Bluetooth headset

aronweiler
Local Performer

I just got a brand new Galaxy s24 and this happens all the time, making the app useless. If it's not fixed or if there's no commitment to fixing it within this next pay period I'm canceling my family subscription

Mint43
Local Performer

Galaxy S24 plus. Pandora works fine for a few songs then pause, previous and forward turn grey. I cannot pause or change songs once that happens.  I have to close app to start over then after a few songs, same thing. 

Juliebiehn
Underground

Any hope of a fix coming? Still dealing with this issue. Samsung phone, app continues to play but stops responding, have to close app and restart. 

Sharknotto
Local Performer

Around 3 months of this and it's not getting any better. I feel like it's near constant now everytime I use the app I expect it to freeze on me. Doesn't matter if it's Bluetooth or plugged into another device it's constant and frankly pissing me off to the point I might ditch the app and spend the time setting up a new one for my taste.

S22 ultra

Android 14

Pandora version 2310.1

Doesn't matter if on wifi, data , or offline

Verizon 

tbgiantsfan
Underground

I'm about to switch to Spotify. Seems like Pandora is not taking us seriously.

Juliebiehn
Underground

I agree! I've patiently been waiting and not complaining. It's just doesn't seem like a priority. 

MelissaBee78
Local Performer
  • I recently purchased a new Samsung phone. I've since been having issues with the app becoming unresponsive. At which point I can't skip songs...pause...play...etc. I have to close the app, then reopen it. Even then the issue pops up again. So far this only happens when I'm connected to my car's auto or earbuds vis Bluetooth. 

FakingItSince93
Local Performer

This has been an issue for a few months and I'm getting quite sick of it. I can't shut the app down to restart it when I'm driving and it's decided to not be able to skip or PAUSE anymore... Why has this not been fixed by now?

Juliebiehn
Underground

Same, same, same!