cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
318 Replies

kfuller133
Local Performer

The problem returned for me today.  I remembered that I had added the widget back to my home screen yesterday.  I had removed it while I was testing other music services. Removed the widget and once the next song started I was able to skip at will again.  Will run a couple of days without the widget to see what happens.  Another data point is that I am using SmartLauncher instead of the Samsung One UI launcher.

Daisy01
Local Performer

Get rid of Pandora!!! It's an issue with their system 

Jllitke
Underground

Same issues. xfinity s23 ultra. Android 14. One UI 6.1. Pandora 2401.1 Wifi and cellular. I only listen on bluetooth so cannot differentiate. No error messages. All buttons just gray out. When I turn off bluetooth, music just continues out loud through phone speaker. Pandora has been staying open in background and I have to force stop app. We should all get partial refunds for the last 6 months or so this has been an issue. I have tried all the suggested fixes and nothing.

regfla246
Opening Act
I had to uninstall app from S23, restart phone, reload app, restart phone and then re-log in. The only problems I have now is when I go from using app just by itself then switch to Bluetooth it will show "Unable to repeat track" once 1st song plays then when I disconnect from Bluetooth it continues running in background-no audio just running in background.

regfla246
Opening Act
It's with Galaxy mostly as the app works when standalone but when you use it with Bluetooth is when it has problems, then it also could be a Bluetooth issue where it is not totally disconnecting.

hagerz
Opening Act
Same here. It's a problem on there end not ours. When they go out of
business they just might figure it out

candnpatterson
Local Performer

I just bought a samsung S24 and when paired to my truck (Chevrolet Mylink) when I shut the truck off and get out Pandora continues to play.  When I look at the phone screen it shows that Pandora isn't playing even though it is.  The screen controls don't do anything.  I've tried left swiping the music track info box, nothing.  The only way to shut it off is to swipe down and then close all apps.  Never had an issue with my previous Samsung.  And I've already updated the Pandora app to no avail.   WTH?

Leoms
Underground

Canceled my subscription today and going to Spotify.  Pandora isn't working on fixing this obviously. as it doesnt take 6 months to fix a SIMPLE PROBLEM! It's not that difficult to make an app correctly play music these days...it's not the 90s. Non-existent customer service, noone to talk to, mods only delete messages they don't like and nothing more. Pandora is a sinking ship and deservedly so. Save yourselves and your money. EVERYONE seems happy with Spotify and Amazon Music.  

Dlhughes38
Underground

@AlyssaPandora @TannerPandora I saw where users said the new Android UI 6.1 update would fix the issue of pandora not pausing/skipping songs, however I have experienced the update has made it tremendously worse and more occurring. Is there a fix for this issue? For spending money on a subscription and having this issue for several months now is unacceptable!!

hagerz
Opening Act

Switch to Spotify. It's the only fix. Pandora doesn't care. I tried everything they said. It doesn't work, just look at the complaints. Looks like over 15 pages of pandora not giving a dam. Hey pandora look... there is a problem that you are ignoring. 

mod edit: merged comments 

0 Kudos

Julzdad
Local Performer

Wow, that's a whole lot of don't give af

Divinitous
Underground

Yep.  It's nothing to do with the vehicle.  I travel for work and have a different rental every week. Happens with all the vehicles with both my s23 and s22.

It's ultimately something with one ui 6.0+ but pandora has made zero effort to fix it.  All the other competitors don't have this problem. So it's not an impossibility to have a working program. 

You disappoint and truly don't seem to care Pandora. 

0 Kudos

Jllitke
Underground
Developer reached out to me on my 1 star review. Said now that one ui 6.1
is out they released an update that fixed the issue.
Will see this week while driving and working if it actually works. Of
course they don't say anything here. Just trying to save face on the google
play ratings.
0 Kudos

regfla246
Opening Act
It doesn't totally work. Every time I start Pandora in truck it says "Unable to repeat this track" 1st thing. It doesn't Auto-Start like it is supposed too, it had before,
0 Kudos

ZestyZ
Local Performer

I've been having the same issue. I've been a premium subscriber for years and have never had this issue. The fact that this issue has yet to be resolved, I'm starting to believe they don't really care about fixing the problem. It doesn't matter the song or if it is on a Playlist, station or even offline listening.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  

Samsung s23

0 Kudos

Jllitke
Underground
Update they released has made it better but still does it from. Time to
time.
0 Kudos

User99887
Local Performer

The app seems to be getting more buggy. From time to time I'm losing the ability to pause the music, the pause/play button is frozen on the play icon. Only fix is to restart the app.

Multiple times in the last 2 months, the app has started playing on its own. I was working on my laptop and my phone was right next to me on the end table. It just started blasting a random pandora stations. Scared the **ahem** out of me. 

Using a Samsung Galaxy S24. Anyone else have similar experiences?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @User99887. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

This issue and all reports shared on this thread have been passed along to our tech team for further investigation. At this time, there is no new update to share. While I understand how frustrating this can be, we appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

Dimples1016
Local Performer

I am also still having these issues. I have a Samsung Galaxy S23+ using Verizon Android Version 14. Pandora version is 2403.1 (Android Tuner 24031003).

Controls will sometimes not work after the app worked properly for hours (pause, forward, repeat). Cannot correct this without exiting the app and then the app still opens in the background even though my app is not set to. 

It will also randomly give error messages saying a song cannot repeat and then works properly 

0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

Android told me to submit a report thru samsung members app. Long press the app and you will see an error report, click on it and submit your problems with Pandora app and send it in with diagnostic report.