cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
308 Replies

technicalgarbag
Local Performer

I canceled my account today after reading thru this topic. I'm on an s23 ultra and this app was broken with the 2310.1 version. There are no updates or useful help to be found in this topic and I don't know why I'm paying for this broken service.

darkriderwv
Local Performer

Same problem here which started around the same time this post was created.

Model: Samsung Galaxy S22

Carrier: Verizon

Android version: 14

Pandora Version: 2310.1

Happens both on wifi and cellular service

I believe this happens both when connected to a bluetooth device or through the phone speakers but most on bluetooth.

Jesse12190
Underground

I am having issues with the skip feature not working on my stations. 

Brookerbee
Local Performer

Hello. Samsung Galaxy S 21 Ultra,  AT&T, version 2310.1. Application not responding to pause, play, skip, rewind, or anything on blue tooth devices as well as the app itself. I have to power off my phone to get it to stop running in the background. Really would like this solved; I pay for premium and have avoided using it as much as I can, which is super upsetting!

0 Kudos

Panoramic0306
Underground

Also happens in offline mode...

A solution sometime soon would be great.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jesse12190. 👋

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Could you share a few more details? 

Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Also, are the buttons grayed out? We have this existing thread where the moderation team is tracking reports: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Jesse12190
Underground

No there is no error message or message of any kind. It is like the app freezes on that song. The song will continue to play but you can not skip. Also if you need to turn the music off sometimes it is very difficult. There are times you have to close all apps multiple times before the music stops. 

Lindseyjmeyer7
Opening Act

What's the number? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with those details, @Jesse12190

At this time, I could recommend the standard troubleshooting steps, which includes clearing the app data. You can find those steps here: Android Troubleshooting

If you continue to have trouble, I can share your feedback and device info with our tech team. 

It's helpful to know the following details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

I hope this helps resolve the issue. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Slade_Wilson
Local Performer
  • Model: S24 Ultra
  • Carrier:Tmobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):14
  • Pandora version: 2310.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? BOTH
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? No error messages
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? BOTH

Panoramic0306
Underground

Interestingly it seems to happen on a 'per song' basis. 

When a song starts, regardless of the screen state, I can play/pause with no issue for a short time using BT controls or after waking the screen up. 

I haven't measured how long until Pandora goes zombie, I figure that's your job.  The controls stop responding after a bit, but become responsive again when a new song starts.

Please tell me where I can send an invoice to be paid for all the time I have spent troubleshooting this issue...

Jay-Bee-2
Underground

Let me know where to send that invoice! LOL. And to include REFUNDS.. a service we pay for the DOES NOT WORK. Sad. 

linneas
Underground

So this problem has persisted for over a month and I see no solution posted by Pandora.  Why should I continue to pay for premium if you will not fix this.?   I  am using a Galaxy S22 and experiencing the same type of problem as the other people on this Thread.  I am having no problems with any other App not allowing my Bluetooth devices to control tem.  This must be a Pandora problem

handelsmerk
Underground

I don't even think Pandora is reading any of this anymore, after all they closed this ticket a while ago.

Unless we all keep creating new topics/tickets each time, they will keep collecting our money, most of us stay anyway. It's how companies work these days unfortunately.

Good luck to us all 🍀

Grailquest
Underground

I honestly don't think Pandora cares anymore. Pandora have you just given up? Sad after how long I was with you. I have moved on. 3 months of free Spotify thru Microsoft rewards. This will be my last month of premium Pandora.

fdraven1
Opening Act

Everyone that this has happened too needs to start a new Topic with the same meaning, just maybe each one spelled Diff. If they are spammed with it, maybe someone will pay attention. They have closed this particular topic last month. Lets get a 1000 new topics related to the same thing going.

linneas
Underground

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app last night.  It seems to be working for now.

0 Kudos

J0shWesy
Underground

Its been almost 3 months and there has been no update to fix the numerous complaints from users regarding the player control issues, i have sent case tickets and have only received general responses about how there is no timeline as to when the problems will be resolved, i still pay $5.99 a month and will continue until it is resolved and or there's a refund when it is fixed 

0 Kudos

ahilgart
Local Performer

I have a 2023 Ford Explorer that is connected to my phone via Bluetooth. However, it's not allowing me to skip songs and when I try to play a different song on my phone, both songs play at the same time. This is very frustrating as the whole point of having Bluetooth connectivity is to enjoy a hands-free experience.

0 Kudos

miko777
Local Performer

Hi, I can't use car controls to skip between songs on my downloaded playlist when app is connected to car bluetooth. I drive 2023 nissan sentra 

0 Kudos