cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
308 Replies

KMSGLS
Local Performer

Pandora will not turn off I had to turn the phone completely off and restart it to have Pandora shut down. Pandora would not even pause as the song was playing. how do I correct this?

0 Kudos

Jfralli
Underground

Galaxy S22 SM-S901U

T mobil

Pandora V 2403.1

JBL Flip speaker FLIP4BLKJN

Usually occurs after long term play. When i attempt to pause the JBL, it doesnt work. Then i try to pause my droid it does not work, so i restart Pandora.

ostin81
Local Performer

I have the same exact issue where the player locks up while connected to my car and will not skip songs.  I have to force close and restart.  If I manually select a new song while in this locked up state, it will start playing the new song over the existing song (both songs playing simultaneously).

The issue started back in January after an update but I have been to lazy to take action until now.  This issue seems to be related to Galaxy phones?

• Model: Galaxy S23+ (SM-S916U)
  • Carrier: T-mobile
  • Android version: 14
  • Pandora version: 2403.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?: Both
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?: No error message, player just freezes and won't allow skipping songs.
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker?: I have only seen this happen when connected over BT to my car.

wmccarth7
Local Performer

Has Pandora come up with a solution to the unresponsive app on Galaxy S22 phones? 

Respectfully, 

My free trial of Spotify ends this week. I have been using it the past two months. Their app works with every device in my household. Looking like it will be worth the aggravation of making the rest of the family switch over. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Divinitous
Underground

Yes, not to care and just hope we either accept their terrible customer support while keep paying or just go away.  With this issue in existence for 6+ months I really feel they couldn't care less.  

For all I know they might start charging a premium on top our premium for a new form of service that works. Isn't that how it works?  Like the frog in a pot of pandora water that begins to boil.  They'll charge us for pandora ice cubes. 

0 Kudos

kevinarth
Local Performer

Hello,

I am also experiencing freezing. Mine might be a little different as I'm able to force quit the application and relaunch to un-freeze, but this happens sporadically throughout the day, native speakers, bluetooth headset or Android Auto. It seems to happen often when something else (browser, PocketCasts, Duolingo, etc.) is trying to play audio out, but I'm not certain this is 100% correlated. 

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S23 Model SM-S911U
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 14
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. Version 2403.1 (Android-Tuner 24031003)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? No. Just freezes and I have to force kill the app and relaunch to regain control.
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? both, as well as Android Auto via USB cable

bkzahner
Local Performer

Clearly Pandora isn't going to fix this problem after several months, just cancelled my subscription.

0 Kudos

jessybaby1231
Underground

Canceled today and switch to spotify. Pandora refunded me since my subscription renewed in March but they wont give me my money back for November-March. If you buy a premium Spotify subscription gift card, you can save money. It costs $99 for a year. 

0 Kudos

Purplemic
Local Performer

Sometimes when I hit stop or close pandroa app music continues to play. In order for it to stop playing turn my phone completely off and turn it back on music stop

Why is that

0 Kudos