cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
308 Replies

Rzr_ryder
Local Performer

information:

• Model: s23 ultra
  • Carrier: cricket(at&t)
  • Android version : 14
  • Pandora version 2310.1(android-tuner 23101040
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both 
  • Have you encountered any error messages?: No
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker?: Both 
  • I have the premium family plan
  • I can not use the app hardly all buttons grey out can not skip,pause,change stations unless I force stop and re open app and sometimes that does not help. 

MarkW5150
Local Performer

Model: Samsung S22 Ultra
Carrier: AT&T
Android version : 14
One UI version: 6.0
Pandora version 2310.1
Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both
Have you encountered any error messages?: No
Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker?: Both
I have the premium family plan

This issue started after the phone updated to the One UI version 6.0.
Bluetooth control does not work
Application controls (play/pause, skip) will sometimes work on the device, but will eventually become unresponsive - potentially after screen goes dark.
When connected to car and car is shut off, media will play from phone speakers automatically and require killing the application to stop the playback.
clearing the data does not fix the issue

alajoie
Local Performer

What is being done about this issue and when is a fix expected to push? I am having the same problem since the latest android updated and having to restart my phone constantly to get the Pandora app to shut down. Galaxy S21 5G, Verizson, Android v 14, Pandora v 2310.1 (Android-Tuner 23101040), I mostly only listen when I'm driving, so occurs mostly on cellular data, but app has also failed to turn off when connected to wifi too. I connect to a bluetooth speaker, which normally when I shut it off, Pandora closes too; but now when I shut off the speaker, Pandora just keeps playing on my phone speaker instead and does not respond to pause, closing app, etc. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Rzr_ryder @MarkW5150 @alajoie. 👋

Thank you for providing your device details, and sorry for the continued trouble. I've shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. Once the moderation team has an update to share, we will post it in the accepted solution and in this thread. Thank you for your patience as I know this has been a frustrating issue. 🎧  

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

MrchicityJ
Local Performer

Samsung S22 ultra

Verizon

Android 14 

Pandora Version 2310.1

Updated to one ui 6 yesterday and been having this same issue since. So far only tested using Bluetooth connected to wireless Android 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing those details, @MrchicityJ. I've gone ahead and passed those along your behalf. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

SDP23
Local Performer

Mine is doing the same! S22 ultra.. I have to close down pandora and reopen multiple times just to skip a song! 

jessybaby1231
Underground

This is a new issue that started a few weeks ago. When on bluetooth in my car, after changing the song a few times from my car my car radio, it will stop letting me and the buttons on pandora will go gray. I cant even change it from my phone. I have to restart the app every single time, just so i can change the song. It's not the same issue where you hook it up to your car and you cant change songs from only your phone. I cant change them from the car or the phone. I attached a photo.

Screenshot_20231222_134227_Pandora.jpg

Badaliboy
Local Performer

Galaxy S23 Ultra 

Tmobile

Pandora 2310.1

One UI version 6.0

Android Version 14

I'm having all the same issues stated by other people above. I just had another andriod update 2 days ago but since the update before that (around the end of November beginning of December) its been doing this. It's gotten to the point where I'm ready to cancel. I've basically been unable to use pandora for almost a month.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jessybaby1231 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Please follow up with some additional details about your device:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? 

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Badaliboy I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate parties.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

jessybaby1231
Underground

I was already on this page and did everything that is recommended and it didnt fix it. Just like it didnt fix it for anyone else on here. Thats why i made a separate post to hopefully find someone who knows how to fix it.

WhipMeister
Local Performer

Ditto everyone else. Player controls become unresponsive. Started after last Android OS update. Only way to regain control is to force close the app and restart it. And then it does it again. Bluetooth headphone control doesn't work either. And I pay for premium. S21 ultra, Android 14, kernel 5.4.233 installed 12/4/2023, one ui 6.0. Turn off the bot and start slinging some code.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jessybaby1231 Please follow up with some additional details about your device:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? 

Thanks again for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Djohn22
Local Performer

Issues same as reported by others. Media controls in Bluetooth devices unresponsive. Controls on phone in notification tray, in app itself, and on lock screen do not respond. Force closing and restarting app helps for one song, then unresponsive again. When in the app, touching any control causes entire control panel to Grey out and not respond. 

I also pay for the Premium Family subscription. 

• Model: SM-S918U
  • Carrier:  ATT
  • Android version: 14
  • Pandora version:  2310.1
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? None
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? Both
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Djohn22 Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with our engineering team regarding this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

jvblackxj
Local Performer

Same issue here. This is NOT solved. 

• Model: Samsung S22
  • Carrier: Verizon 
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 14
  • Pandora version: 2310.1
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? No error messages
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? I don't listen directly to speaker

Asmitchy
Local Performer

Model: Samsung Flip 4

Carrier: Verizon

Android version (Settings > About Phone): REV1.0

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number: 2310.1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both

Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? No.

Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? No.

--Like everyone else mine hasn't been responding correctly since the update last Monday. I have to close the app to pause the music. Doesn't respond in app or with Bluetooth controls.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jvblackxj @Asmitchy. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience along your device details. In the meantime, I've passed this to along to our engineering team on your behalf.  🎧

*Please note:  The current solution is meant to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread as mentioned in the disclaimer above the update. The post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team. We appreciate your patience during this process. 

0 Kudos

dtre26
Local Performer

Clear data worked until album was switched then became unresponsive again for me

0 Kudos