cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
308 Replies

ShannyD
Local Performer

It's been a month Alyssa. When are we getting this resolved?

alyssamanfredo
Local Performer

I've been following this thread hoping there would be some sort of resolution. At this point I'm ready to cancel. There is no point in paying for a service I can't even use. Ironically, also named Alyssa. 

samash9859
Underground
This is a message to developers, actually. I think I had another copy of
the app, running in the background. Don't know why and how did it
happened, it shouldn't, I think. But if it did, that may be the bug. But
in my experience, bugs like that aren't easy to catch. The first, running
in the back, app could intersept commands and the visible one could be
disabled. Just a thought from experience.
0 Kudos

Jay-Bee-2
Underground

RIGHT?? What is going on already, @AlyssaPandora 

Taywhitt
Local Performer

Pandora just randomly is unresponsive a lot and it's getting frustrating when I just want to listen to music. When I go to play next song it doesn't do anything but just keep on playing and the buttons turn grey, even when I go to switch stations it's playing 2 songs at one time and I always have to close the app out and start it back up and its just does the same thing 5 minutes later. Already uninstalled and re-download. Pandora needs to figure this out. 

Same issue! It's so frustrating! I'm really considering switching over to spotify. Shouldn't take over a month to fix the issue or even address it especially when I'm paying for it! Come on Pandora!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and format

fdraven1
Opening Act

I may have found a fix. For zfold 4 and 5 anyways, I dont know process for other android phones. Turn your phone off, then press start button and volumn up buttons at same time until samsung logo goes away. A menu will pop up, use volumn up and down keys to scroll down to repair apps then press power button. So far after I did that I let Pandora play for over half an hour on my zfold4 with screen off and was still able to skip and pause songs. I havent tried it in my vehicle yet. Fingers crossed as we def arent getting any help from pandora itself.

0 Kudos

Taz480
Underground

Nope. Tried it. Went into dealer mode and executed repair apps. Looked like it was working at first. But 5 or 6 songs in....same issue. Z Fold5.

0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

I agree, but it did last longer for some reason on mine being able to skip etc. I left phone alone and just paused pandora, about 40 mins later after not touching my phone, pandora just started playing all by itself and I had to force stop it. i did notice that I had received a phone call, so looks to me like the phone and pandora fight over control of the phone itself.

0 Kudos

Taz480
Underground

Just a FYI. Tried it with Android Auto today. Didnt get to do it for long but no issues with wireless Android Auto on a Alpine Halo9. But I also noticed Android Auto runs its sort of own version of Pandora. I had the notification mini player in my notifications but it wasnt actually playing from the phone and wasnt in background apps. Background apps was empty. I hope all that made sense.

0 Kudos

BigO98
Local Performer

S23 ultra samething is happening to mine aswell..been goin on for a few weeks. Tired of paying for something that doesn't work correctly. Almost threw my beats away because I thought they were malfunctioning, but nope just pandora doing whatever it wants. I like to skip songs if I don't like whats playing. I PAY to skip song but nope 

MusicFan75464
Local Performer

I've been a Pandora customer since the earliest days, listening through my browser at work.

The discontinuation of support for the app on Android wearables, and a month-long inability to use the app due to this Bluetooth issue, I'm done.  I cancelled my Pandora family account and switched to Spotify.

RCJ-pnw
Underground

Does Spotify have similar features? I'm going to look elsewhere as well. It’s obvious there's no interest on Pandora's part in fixing this.

MusicFan75464
Local Performer

Spotify has been the industry leader for awhile.  It has proven to be superior to Pandora in catalog depth, app support, and suggestion algorithm for many years.  The only thing keeping Pandora alive is its lower price and customer loyalty.  For a service that is primarily delivered via app and bluetooth, a month-long unresolved issue for Android devices is definitely a sign of something deeper happening behind the scenes.  Either "Alyssa" hasn't appropriately elevated the issue to the developers, or their talent pool is simply overtasked and/or incapable of fixing the issue in a timely manner.  Either way, it's a symptom of something I don't want to keep throwing my money at hoping the problem gets fixed.

fdraven1
Opening Act

Ive had enough, cancelled my premium, just wasting money here now that I cant skip or stop pandora from playing. It seems there is no one working for Pandora as far as technical issues as we have not heard anything but crickets and a fix thats uterly useless. Shame had Pandora for many years. Spotify it is and I hate it cause its a **ahem** to figure out stations and get them in the rite areas, but Pandora is forcing its customers to go there. makes you wonder how does a business stay in business when it sends its tried and true customers to other businesses because they are to lazy to fix their problems?

John58
Local Performer

I find it amazing that Pandora has not been able to correct the issue.  It's 1000% obvious it started after the IU6 updates. (Huge HINT)  Once again, when pairing in car or with JBL, etc.....control buttons go grey.  When in car - I then try to pause music, no good.  I then shut radio off but the music then kicks back on playing through phone speakers and still can not work Pandora buttons.  I must then power down phone or force an app closure. 

Badaliboy
Local Performer

Like many other people here, if this isn't fixed this week after a whole month of these problems I guess I'm going to Spotify.

I've been using Pandora for at least 10 years and paying for premium for like 7 years. I hate Spotify but the lack of tech support or a bug patch for this issue is pathetic. 

RCJ-pnw
Underground

Does Spotify have similar features? I'm going to look elsewhere as well. It’s obvious there's no interest on Pandora's part in fixing this.

Yep. I just pulled the plug.

mod edit: merged comments

Taz480
Underground

Ya, been a month and a half for me. Setup a free Spotify account today and started playing with it. So for, I dont hate it. Different for sure but I noticed its got a lot more and better settings than Pandora! Got in my truck it actually started playing instantly and I wasnt even intending to at the moment. Connected and played flawlessly! AND......no stupid Unknown/Unknown notification! Family Premium is 16.99 as opposed to Pandora 14.99 so 2 dollar difference. Big deal! Comparible! Probably going to leave our Pandora account alone and give them a couple more weeks chance. But at the same time, start up Spotify Premium. Can always cancel any time if Pandora gets their sh!t together. But they better get ON IT!!! Are you listening Pandora?????

Jay-Bee-2
Underground

I just downloaded Deezer and signed up for their trial. Deezer will Transfer all your music/Playlists from Pandora. Does Spotify do that too?? I'm already seeing sooooo many more songs available. 

bigjim2828
Local Performer

Just found a website called TuneMyMusic (dot) com and for only $4.50 (monthly subscription, but just cancel immediately after use) there's no limit. I was able to transfer all of mine and my family's playlists, downloads, liked, favorites and albums from Pandora to both of our Spotify and YouTube Music accounts. It was very simple and for my 4700 saved songs it took only 37 minutes. I simple went to the TuneMymusic website, selected "let's start." First select the account that you wish to transfer from "Pandora" login to the account, give permission for access, the select all of your songs, favorites, likes, etc.. then click next to select the account to transfer music to "Spotify, YT music etc.." login, give permission, start the transfer, and you're done. If you have a family account like I do, just do the same thing as you did for yours. After you use this service don't forget to cancel the subscription from the TuneMyMusic website and enjoy! You're welcome. 🙂