cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
308 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tej4ps1175 I moved your post over to the Android space.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message when you attempt to skip a track? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

dsal81
Underground

Cmon Pandora, fix this!!! This is an extremely annoying problem. It's been 2 months!!

Music_Lover420
Opening Act

Recent Android OS update to version in the last week did not fix this issue...I'm on Samsung S21+ Android version 14 One UI 6.0

PLEASE FIX THIS!!! 

Music_Lover420
Opening Act

I'd be lying if I wasn't seriously considering it but a play list I spent 10yrs making is holding me back...for how much longer?! I don't know! 

handelsmerk
Underground

I tried Spotify a few times and I just like the radio option from Pandora so much better. Spotify always goes back to your playlist, plays the same song or songs then you get similar music. Pandora automatically just plays music for me, not some playlist.

Spotify does integrate a little better with my phone.

But this is ridiculous, I pay for premium too, wonder if we can get our money back?

MusicFan65278
Underground

As soon as we switch to Spotify, problem solved!

"Who's coming with me!?!?"

😂😂

Copy and paste, let's do it!

It'll take some work, but we'll be able to pause and play our music in between adding songs, if we must.

A refund? No, you'll get promises of a bug fix and another bill

mod edit: merged comments

Jay-Bee-2
Underground

Spotify and Quboz both allowed me to use Soundbiz to import my playlist, thumbs up stations... All of that. 

Jay-Bee-2
Underground

Spotify and Quboz both allowed me to use Soundbiz to import my playlists, thumbs up stations... All of that. But admittedly, struggling to breakup with Pandora as well. 

Jimbo8v92
Local Performer

After recent update it randomly wont allow me to pause or change songs on my phone or in the car. I have to close the app and reopen it to stop the music. Also when changing playlists it will still continue to play the song aswell as the new song at the same time so forced to close the app again.

toest827
Local Performer

I am having the same problem on Galaxy S22+. Music will be playing and then all controls are greyed out and the only way to fix it, is to close the app and try again. Sometimes that works for a little while, sometimes it plays 2 songs and does it again. If I am listening to music and get a Teams call, the music will continue to play and the same thing happens, no way to pause, only close the app completely. I have cleared the cache multiple times and the data once -- and re-downloading all my stuff **ahem**. 

Model: SM-S906U

Carrier: T-Mobile

Android Version: 14, One UI Version: 6.0

Pandora Version: 2310.1

Doesn't seem to matter if on WiFi or not, no error messages to date.

Cheveyo
Local Performer

I will hit pause on the phone or on a the speaker and the song keeps playing and the only way to get it to stop is to reset the app. I've Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it numerous times and it still does it.

Taylorchankhio
Local Performer

After the recent update, Pandora has been acting weird when a Chai pause the music. It doesn't pause and when I try to skip it doesn't skip when I go onto the app, the music is pause but still playing and I can no longer skip pause, play Rewind, replay or shuffle. Those buns are grade out and locked, then one eyes to like that song. Both the Sun that was previously playing is playing with the song that I just selected. I have to completely close the app and relaunch it in order for me to listen to a new song.

Glitch24
Underground

Well, glad to see the only other relevant post I could find, from 2020, still has not been fixed, and it is 2023 for this thread, and 02/2024 for myself.  GG.  Losing paying 10+ year customer to Spotify.    

Samsung OneUI 6.0 release is when I noticed this garbage behavior, but clearly others have posted this problem way before that update, by 3+ years.

Inb4 clearing cache, reinstalling, basic 4th grade tech tips.  Fix the app?

Dfitcortez
Local Performer

My app has been going through the same thing. It becomes unresponsive randomly. Or it'll skip next song but the current song is still playing and then I have 2 songs overlapping. Also, if I disconnect the device I'm using to listen, the app will say the song stopped playing but the song is in deed still playing in the background. 

I'm on the newest Galaxy S24 Ultra and the app is up to date. 

My only solution is still close the app everything it does this. 

Pretty annoying when I'm at the gym and it becomes unresponsive.

Leoms
Underground

Same issue as everyone else and this has gone on long enough.  You don't need the specifics... it's the same as everyone else.  I don't want to go to another service but may have to because this is unacceptable and it CANNOT be THAT difficult! 

0 Kudos

dsal81
Underground

Another week with no fix, this is a very annoying issue and I'm a premium member.  What is taking so long?

Msharris1977
Local Performer

• Model: Galaxy S22 Ultra
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 14
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 2310.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Either
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? No
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? I only listen on Bluetooth 

I have tried clearing the cache but have not deleted the app. 

Leoms
Underground

Same issue as everyone else FOR MONTHS and this has gone on long enough.  Pandora, you don't need the specifics of my phone, Android version, etc...it's the same as everyone elses.  I don't want to go to another service but may have to because this is absolutely unacceptable and it CANNOT be THAT difficult to fix.  FIX IT PLEASE!  

Leoms
Underground

Your form-letter response to everyone here is unacceptable.  3 months with the same issue and Pandora has literally done NOTHING to fix it.  What exactly is the problem here?!? Spotify is going to eat your lunch and deservedly so.  

Panoramic0306
Underground

Today, my music will suddenly stop and on my lock screen is "Error 1039 - Something went wrong.  Please try again in Pandora".

When I open pandora, there's a message on the screen which reads "This station is not currently available. Please choose another station instead."

While I'm loving the total inability to send, or even see, an error report to accompany the super-specific "Something went wrong" error, clearly the station is not unavailable because I can select the exact same station and everything works fine for a while.