0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Xavier1. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. :pandora:

Looks like you have a free Pandora account and are enabling sessions of Premium. 

Something to keep in mind, there's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Xavier1. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. :pandora:

Looks like you have a free Pandora account and are enabling sessions of Premium. 

Something to keep in mind, there's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

StitchGirl420
Local Performer

After maybe 10 songs, the playlist closes out and a random station comes on. I am on a Galaxy S9, and I have no idea why. It drives me crazy. Almost to the point where I dont even want to use this app anymore. Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @StitchGirl420. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I moved your post over to this existing thread as this is occurring once your Premium session ends: Premium Session Length

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here

For more information about how complimentary sessions of Premium work, you can check out this helpful article.

If you want more information about a longer Premium trial, feel free to let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

cdbrobi1
Local Performer

Stations remain untouched, but playlists are the whole reason I use the app. While in a playlist, after some time, it will switch itself to a station without warning, always after a song. Never during. When this happens, everything except for the stations are wiped from My Collections. I can re-add them by downloading any one song. If I don't have any stations saved, it goes to Shuffle, where it plays random similar songs. It's worth noting that my thumbed songs don't appear in My Collection either until I download something, then poof, there they are. The app also minimizes itself on my phone. I have Pandora Plus and I use a Moto G Power, Android version 10. I have tried clearing the App's cache and data to no avail.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cdbrobi1. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Looks like you've enabled complimentary sessions of Premium. Since you're upgraded to Plus, you have the ability to start a complimentary session in order to listen to content on-demand (ex. playlists, albums, tracks on-demand). Playlists are only a feature of Premium. 

You can find out more about how these sessions work in this helpful article: Premium Sessions

For Plus Listeners:

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations. We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Premium subscriber.

• If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.
  • If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.
  • Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

++

Length of Premium Sessions:

There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate. We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

That being said, your collection isn't missing or being deleted. Your account is reverting back to the normal experience after being in a complimentary session of Premium. 

I hope this info is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

Kandicepope28
Local Performer

I have this same issue. I have a few playlists and it will only play for 30 minutes and then stops. Its beyond frustrating and ruins the vibe when I have to restart it every 30 minutes. I drive a lot and listen to music for long periods of time. I've tried troubleshooting what I can find with Google, nothing is working. I'm highly considering going with another app. I love pandora but this issue drives me insane and I will not put up with it. Please help!

0 Kudos

cdbrobi1
Local Performer

Okay so...you only get to use playlists for an extended period of time if you pay for Premium? Do I have that right?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @cdbrobi1. 👋

The short answer to your question is yes. For free and Plus subscribers, you have the ability to listen to on-demand content (albums, playlists, songs on demand) after interacting with an advertisement in order to initiate a complimentary Premium session. The lengths of the session fluctuate. Also, listening to content on-demand is only a feature of Premium. 

In the meantime, here are the benefits of Pandora Premium:

• Listen to songs or albums on-demand.

• Create custom playlists.

• Enjoy podcasts.

• Download songs, albums, stations and playlists for offline listening.

• Access Higher Quality Audio

• Queue content to keep the music playing

• Utilize all of the benefits of Pandora Plus, like ad-free music, unlimited skips and replays on your stations.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

0 Kudos

ClaireAFopma
Local Performer

My thumbs up Playlist has been deleted as well

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ClaireAFopma. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread as you're experiencing something similar:Android: Premium Session Length

++

Length of Premium Sessions:

There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate. We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

That being said, your collection isn't missing or being deleted. Your account is reverting back to the normal experience after being in a complimentary session of Premium. 

You can find out more about how these sessions work here: Premium Sessions

In the meantime, you can also check out my post about this here.

0 Kudos

True2blue
Local Performer

I agree but I'm having other issues to start with as a new phone deleted my playlist and now I can't create a new one. Don't want to listen to stations I want my playlist with specific songs I choose to listen to

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @True2blue. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Android: Premium Session Length

Looks like you have a free Pandora account. Listening to content on-demand (including playlists) is a feature of Premium. I do see that you were able to create one playlist. This playlists still exists and will be saved for your next Premium experience.

In the meantime, please check out the accepted solution for this thread here

For more information about how complimentary sessions of Premium work, you can check out this helpful article.

If you want more information about a longer Premium trial, feel free to let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Ryleigh
Local Performer

Anyone else having this problem? Whenever I exit the app, I come back and I cannot find anywhere that my playlists even EXIST unless I've played them recently, so I go under recently played(in which it only shows one playlist) and then click on it, only to have to listen to a 30 second ad before I can even listen to my playlist(and the majority of the time, its not even the one I want to listen to) and then I can FINALLY enjoy my playlists. Someone help!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Ryleigh. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Android: Premium Session Length

Looks like you have a free Pandora account. Listening to content on-demand (including playlists) is a feature of Premium. I do see that you were able to create playlists of your own. These playlists will still exist and will be saved for your next Premium experience.

In the meantime, please check out the accepted solution for this thread here

For more information about how complimentary sessions of Premium work, you can check out this helpful article. 🎧

0 Kudos

etuhuti
Local Performer

I have something similar but I don't use the apps doing my Pandora is playing and yet it stops about Midway through my playlist and goes to the radio and subscribe me to a radio station that I do not want in the first place I was going after the music not the radio section how do I fix that cuz nothing in the FAQ is saying anything about that and if it keeps up I will delete the app

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @etuhuti. 👋

Thanks for your feedback around this. I moved your post over to this existing thread as you're experiencing something similar :Android: Premium Access Length

++

Length of Premium Access:

Your account is reverting back to the normal experience after being in a complimentary session of Premium, which means a station will start playing.

You can find out more about how these sessions work here: Premium Access

In the meantime, you can also check out my post about this here. 🎧

0 Kudos