Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice to see you around the community! @Bigdin 

Running through the troubleshooting steps on this page should resolve the buffering issue you are experiencing.

If not, please reach back out and let us know. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice to see you around the community! @Bigdin 

Running through the troubleshooting steps on this page should resolve the buffering issue you are experiencing.

If not, please reach back out and let us know. 

0 Kudos

Skiddlewinks
Underground

I have a small playlist of over sixty songs or pieces of music that I really enjoy. Recently, however, some of the songs do not play and are skipped over when I attempt to listen to them. Upon singling out the song, it buffers over and over again. I'm not sure what is happening, and would like some help resolving the issue.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Skiddlewinks Thanks for being a part of the community!

Running through the troubleshooting steps listed on this page should help. 

If not, please make sure to reach back out and let us know.

Skiddlewinks
Underground
Thank you for your guidance. I had only followed half of the steps and had a misunderstanding.

BigT
Local Performer

I re-subscribed to my Pandora account a few weeks ago. But now alot of my music won't even play. It just says buffering then skips the song. I even tried to search for the song again and it still does the same thing. How could I resolve this problem?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BigT Thanks for being a part of the Community!

I merged your post into this existing thread as @AdamPandora has provided an article here that may help you get back on track. Give the steps in the article a try and let me know the outcome.

I hope that gets you back to listening!

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

TerrySandin
Underground

I followed, still buffering and skipping. Cleared Data, cleared phone cache. Only happens at work on wifi, but this is the ONLY app that does this. Regular mobile service works but is spotty at best.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @TerrySandin. 👋

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know, and I can report this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Cykraa
Local Performer

These steps do not work for me either

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cykraa Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing when you say your stations are buffering?

Additionally, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

KUKIZOE2
Opening Act

That's strange. For me, it's quite the opposite. Though I don't have Premium, I have unlimited data access on my Android phone, and yet I still have the app buffer constantly when I am not in my house. Other times, it still says the music is playing, while there is no sound. Then, after 2-5 or so minutes, it returns to where it actually was. All I've tried was restarting my phone, but nothing works. I wonder if it's just Pandora acting up?

~kuki~
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @KUKIZOE2 👋

I moved your original post onto this thread under Android: Stations are constantly buffering; since this issue is specifically pertaining to your Android device.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that our engineers can take a closer look at what's going on. For this trace to be helpful and possibly help with the buffering issues, please complete our Android Troubleshooting steps.

++++

If you're still having issues, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know how it goes and thank you for working with us! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos