cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: "Unable to retrieve music from Pandora.com"

dpherod
Underground

Samsung S23 Ultra.  I've tried clearing data & cache, restarting, uninstalling/reinstalling the app...and nothing but a message at the bottom of every song whether in a Collection or via a Station that says 'buffering'.  This happens regardless if I'm connected to Wifi or via cellular.  I enabled battery to Unrestricted.

Any ideas?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpherod
Underground

Update: I figured out the problem.  My workplace Wifi blocks Pandora.  It works if I use cell service only.  Sorry for reporting this as an issue on your end.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @dpherod. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message during your listening sessions. I understand how frustrating this can be combined with buffering issues.

Based on your message, sounds like you've run through these steps already: Android Troubleshooting

I can share your feedback and experience with our tech team. Would you mind sharing these additional device details?

• Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks so much for reporting this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

dpherod
Underground

Hello Alyssa -

Carrier - Verizon

Android version - Android 13

Pandora version 2308.1.1 (Android Tuner 23081103)

Thank you!  I look forward to hearing from you 🙂

dpherod
Underground

Update: I figured out the problem.  My workplace Wifi blocks Pandora.  It works if I use cell service only.  Sorry for reporting this as an issue on your end.

TannerPandora

Thank you for the update @dpherod!

Glad to hear you were able to figure this out. Happy Wednesday and thanks for listening! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport