cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Offline Playlists Won't Download with Premium

T4T2FR34K
Underground

...isn't working for me. It shows the 2 circled arrows w/green background icon but fails to actually commence downloading. I know in the past the icon actually would rotate to denote downloading and when finished would display the arrow down w/green background and work fine. Not sure if it has any bearing, but I removed all my playlists a few days ago to deal with a storage issue and now I cannot redownload even an 18 song list. I have read that the last 500mb will never be used, but I'm talking with over a GB of space and it won't initiate the actual download. I've tried all the android troubleshooting stuff (i.e. clear cash and other help topics) with nothing working...thanks for any help anyone can provide...

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
47 Replies

TmacPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hey @NateP,

What specifically are you experiencing? Have you gone back online on the app to correct the downloads?  They need to be redownloaded after the bug on 1911.2.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

T4T2FR34K
Underground

@AlyssaPandora

Hi, yeah have 1912.1 installed and continue to experience the exact same experience as my OP and video submitted. 

Get the green circle arrow but they do not rotate indicating its actually downloading, they stay this way indefinitely...instead of rotating, indicating an actual download with the down arrow upon completion.

0 Kudos

owen22
Underground

I've updated the app, I've removed and redownloaded the app, tryed all the troubleshooting suggestions , nothing works ...that update didn't fix anything. I'm getting super sick of paying for premium Pandora and not being àble to use it in full. This has been going on for a couple months now and I think I should be credited if your not going to let my device download my playlists. After all...that's why I made playlists in the first place. Please either fix the problem if it's on your end, or, tell me how to fix it if it's my end.

0 Kudos

TmacPandora

@owen22, sorry you're still having trouble.  Can you give me more detail on what issues you're having specifically?  You're downloading playlists correct?  Are they not downloading? Do they look downloaded but don't play?

If the issue is with playlists, I think it is, can you give me specifics on the playlists you're downloading? Are the curated or ones you've created? How many tracks are in them?

jeavis
Local Performer

This is still an issue for me, has been for several months now. Stations will download for offline listening, but the playlists that I've created will not (seems the Pandora curated playlist will also not download for offline listening, such as the What You Love 2019).

• Model: SM-J327P
  • Carrier: Sprint
  • Android version: 6.0.1
  • Build number: MMB29M.J327PVPU4ARJ2
  • Android Security Patch Level: August 1, 2018
  • Pandora version: 1912.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 1912.1RC10)

0 Kudos

owen22
Underground

Hello @TmacPandora 

Yes, the trouble that I am having is with playlists that I have created myself. One of them has about 120 tracks in it, and the other has somewhere around 320 tracks. I downloaded them back when I first signed up for my Premium subscription, and had no problem with them until they accidentally got removed from my  android phone. After that, I was never able to download them again for offline listening. Im very frustrated with this, its almost like ,for some reason, that Pandora is keeping me from re-downloading them. Although I havn't a clue why they would do that. My subscription is paid faithfully, and all of my online services work fine. But, the one thing that I use the most...wont work. When I try to download the playlists, the app says that its downloading but, the arrows in the circle do not spin, and the only thing that downloads is the artwork square for the playlist but there is no content with it. And also, it dosn't show up under "playlists", it shows up under"all downloaded music". If there is anyway you can Help, I sure would appreciate!!!

TmacPandora

Hey @owen22,

Thanks for the info.  Those are larger playlists than we're generally used to seeing.  There's probably some bug in there we need to address on the redownload process for larger playlists. Or there's some issue with the specific content that we're attempting to download.

Can you do me a favor and copy the share links of those two playlists and paste them here?  You can navigate to the playlist page, click "share" then select "Copy link".  If you get them here, I can then add them to my test account, get it into the bad state and then try to recover.  Hopefully, I will see your issue and can then fix it.

I'm very sorry you're in this state.

owen22
Underground

https://pandora.app.link/AyHNg63vf3 https://pandora.app.link/Kun0lhNvf3 

here are the links to the playlists that I have. thanks

0 Kudos

tonistevens1155
Local Performer
I can't download any of the playlists I have on Pandora. i am able to download the stations just fine but not the playlists for some reason. I don't know what to do.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tonistevens1155. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds like you may be experiencing something similar to the other listeners here. 

I would recommend trying out the steps from my post here.

You can also try running through the troubleshooting steps from this helpful article.

++

If you still have issues after trying those steps, please let me know more about your device:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Thanks for your help! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

TmacPandora

Hey @owen22 ,

Thanks for the link. I grabbed the "CLASSIC" playlist and added a copy of it to my test account.  I then downloaded it and reintroduced the bug that broke it and got it into the broken state.  At that point, I couldn't redownload it as you said.  

Then I did a relogin.  I signed out and signed back into the same account.  That cleaned up the data correctly on my app and the download started working again.  I was able to download "CLASSIC" and play it offline.

Have you done a "sign out/sign in" directly?  Not clearing the data and doing a sign in, but actually performing "Sign Out" from the Profile>>Settings page and signing in after that?

0 Kudos

owen22
Underground

Hello again @TmacPandora 

First of all, I would like to thank you for all the effort your putting in to help me!!! But,unfortunatly this is still not working. I've tried the sign out, relogin multiple times, and that does not work. Im wondering if there is something wrong with my device settings that is keeping me from doing this. Although, I am able to download things from other places with no problem. Like I said before, I am able to get the artwork square onto the offline mode, but, it goes to the "all downloaded music" tab instead of the "playlists" tab. And, there is no content with it. I wonder if I do a factory reset with my phone if that would help. but, Im a little reluctant to do that because Im not the the most technologically saavy person on earth and that would present the possibility of me losing other data on my phone. but, I will do that, if you think its worth a try. Let me Know.

owen22

0 Kudos

owen22
Underground

Yup, me too. stations work, platylists don't

TmacPandora

Hi @owen22,

Sorry, you're still having issues.  Factory reset may do the trick, but I can't recommend or guarantee that will fix anything and I'd feel really bad if you went through that and it didn't fix the issue. I've been there and done that with apps in the past too though.

Is there another playlist that you download alongside the "CLASSIC" one?  If so can I have that link too? Do they have any of the same tracks on them? I'm curious if there's some conflicting track data error that may be happening.

Have you created any new playlists and downloaded them? Do they work?

Mark8803
Local Performer
I have premium Pandora I'm trying to download music to play offline some others downloaded some of its not downloading some wondering what the problem is if I need to have a special amount of storage on my space or what
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mark8803 👋

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. Other listeners are experiencing similar issues.

You can try out these steps from my post here to see if they help.

If you still run into trouble, feel free to provide the requested information from that post in your next response.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

T4T2FR34K
Underground

@AlyssaPandora can't even download a 1 song playlist at this point...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@T4T2FR34K What version of the Pandora app are you currently using?

0 Kudos

T4T2FR34K
Underground

2002.1 but I guess it doesnt matter anymore...the 2 months you said were added I guess have expired, not gonna renew at this point...thanks for trying.

0 Kudos

Eli_89
Local Performer

My playlist show the download insignia but will not download. Usually it starts spinning but this time it's just still. Anyone have any advice? Thank you guys!!!

0 Kudos