cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

itsWINKELS
Local Performer

Same problem - every time I restart my phone, Pandora starts playing on it's own.  I can close out all apps and 'Force Stop' Pandora, restart the phone, and then when the phone starts up, Pandora is playing within seconds.

Why should Pandora be loading AT ALL unless we open the app...?  Does not make me feel warm and fuzzy when ANY app runs unprompted.

• Your device model: Samsung S20 FE 5G
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13; Samsung One UI version 5.1
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1
  • The approximate date / time this occurred:  every time the phone is restarted

abrahamgonzalez
Local Performer

I have the same issue is been like that for a month at least I deleted the app and downloaded again and it does the same

0 Kudos

Bluee_eyesss
Local Performer

Mine started playing Trap Queen by Fetty Wap at 1 am!!! Talk about a wake up call when your phone yells Hey, what's up, Hello!!

Your device model: Galaxy S10e

Carrier: Tmobile 

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 12

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1 Android turner 23081005

The approximate date / time this occurred everyday but 1am Sept 18 2023

0 Kudos

MusicFan5622
Local Performer

Same issue.  Samsung Galaxy A42 SG. Verizon.  Android 13.

Pandora 2308.1 Android turner 23081005.

Every time I restart the phone pandora starts playing. 

To anyone reading if you force close it via the apps menu in android (not pandora itself) it hasn't restarted playing.

But everytime I reboot the phone it starts playing and I have to force close it which is pretty annoying.  It just started doing this recently.

0 Kudos

Dex
Local Performer

Same problem here with Pandora playing automatically with Samsung S23+. No auto start option under advanced.

kms2023
Local Performer

Same - this started with me this week and I have tried every proposed solution I could find, and then some. I have actually experienced the app starting randomly throughout the day, and every time I restart my phone. Even if I sign out of the app, it still launches with a notification that I haven't added content, or some dumb thing. 

It's not acceptable for an app to command my phone in this manner and although I otherwise really enjoy the service, I had to uninstall the app. 

Galaxy S10 here, if that matters to anyone.

0 Kudos

Falco4077
Local Performer

I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra. In the last day or two my Pandora App has been turning on automatically whenever my phone restarts or is turned on. How can I stop this from happening? I'm not using  Bluetooth or streaming it to anything.

0 Kudos

ayasekun1594
Local Performer

I have been having this issue for months where it will keep opening in the background and drain the battery and effect notifications and Bluetooth functionality sometimes. As well as having serious connection issues over both Wifi and Data. Only recently did it get significantly worse. It is now opening itself up and start playing the minute I restart my phone without even touching the app. I then have to open the app to close it out but then the minute I want it open, I get connection issues. IM rather fed up with it to be honest to the point that I barely use it any more on my phone and I will only use it on my desktop pc.

Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G

Carrier: Google Fi

Android Version: ONE UI 5.1

Pandora Version: 2308.1

Date: most recent (today) 9/18/2023 at apx 4pm Eastern time but I have been having issues for a few months

0 Kudos

KolieBug27
Local Performer

Mine is doing this all of a sudden, too! I have checked all of my settings and nothing has been changed. A bunch of my apps updated the other day, but I'm not certain if Pandora was one of them. It has only been a few days that this has been happening, though! So frustrating!! I found your post searching for solutions to this exact issue... 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (09/18/23): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for raising the alarm regarding this issue.

Our engineering team is currently investigating. In the meantime, all reports from this thread are being shared on an internal ticket with our tech team. While we don't have any new information to share right now, rest assured we will keep you updated on this thread when we do. We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on behind the scenes. 🎧

Please note, the accepted solution will have status updates on this issue as well.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Falco4077 @KolieBug27. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience. Sorry about this happening - I know that this can be frustrating. Your fellow community members have also raised the alarm on this issue so I moved your posts over to that thread: Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

While the issue isn't resolved just yet, our moderation team is posting updates in the accepted solution here. I've also shared your direct feedback with our engineering team. 

We greatly appreciate your patience while this is being addressed. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

LadySilence
Underground

This happens 2-3 times per day, even when I had Pandora closed. Frequently I'll open my notifications and see the Pandora player back up on the screen but saying "no content" or something like that and I just swipe it away to get rid of it again, but sometimes it just starts playing out of nowhere. I do have Pandora set as the sound for my alarm clocks in the morning, but that's via the alarm clock app and this is launching itself when I don't have any alarms set.

Your device model: Samsung Galaxy s20 FE

Carrier: Verizon

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1

The approximate date / time this occurred: multiple times a day, every day. I think it only started actually launching audio in the last couple of weeks, before that it was just the playbar showing up in the notifications screen and having to swipe it away all the time. So it seems to be getting worse.

It also comes on by itself after I restart the phone.

0 Kudos

Jenlynn2975
Local Performer

Every time my Samsung phone restarts or has been shut down and turned back on, Pandora is starting. How do I make it stop doing this.

Tess1009
Underground

I am having the same issue.  It began a few days ago and is really annoying.  Pandora starts blasting on start up or randomly through the day.  Have to force stop to end it. Grrrr

That would be great, but not an option in my advanced settings.  The only toggle I have is for the auto dimming.

I have the free version.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Kellymathis72
Local Performer

Pandora starts playing about 1:00 am on its own. This makes 3 nights in a row. Samsung note20 through Verizon. Verizon did a security update last week. This has started happening since. Its playing what it says is "Pandora recommended late at night". I do not see a way to shut this down. This is on the "for you" tab within the Pandora app. If this does not stop soon, i will be canceling my subscription and removing the app.

joehick
Local Performer

How do we know when and how the problem is solved?

Gman1975
Underground
I opened a support ticket with them and asked for updates from the developers and an ETR. (Estimated time to resolution). I got a response that they are investigating, but have no idea when they will fix it.  It is a bug in the app for the latest version and doesn't matter what what carrier you have, Android model, or even Android OS version.  (Saw a lot of reports for version 13 & 12 which are the last 2 most recent OS versions) pandora-support@pandora.com is the email address to open a ticket.  If everyone does this, they might get to a resolution faster or allow us to downgrade our app version in the meantime.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

babytraytray
Opening Act

I also did a ticket, either on the 1st day or second day I started posting in this thread which was a while ago. I'm glad someone reached out to you with updated information.  I was told that the engineers were working on it, they didn't have much to go on back then.

0 Kudos

Tawilkins13
Local Performer

Hi I am having the same issue 1:30 in the morning and 3:30 in the morning and it will justcstart playing for no reason. I have my volume turned all the way down and it will play really loud. Please make it stop. 

0 Kudos

Shawnman1
Local Performer

I am having the same problem as multiple users, so I'm not going to waste my time with phone and version after reading these reviews it's happening with multiple devices. If Pandora doesn't have a fix for this soon I'm going to join the community in canceling my Pandora subscription and finding a new music app.