cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

Fbardge
Local Performer

Stop Auto Start

I have Pandora and listen for free (not the paid service). How do I turn off the auto start.  There is no option to turn it off under advanced settings.

0 Kudos

Bluegold77
Underground

That option was available under a prior version of the app but for some reason with the latest update Pandora eliminted that menuoption in the advanced settings.  

I have concluded that Pandora does not give a **ahem** about their customers.  If they did, they would remove this buggy software from the Google Play Store and restore a prior version for customers to download.  As a paid subscriber I refuse to put up with it any longer.  So I canceled my subscription and signed up with a paid subscription to You Tube Music.  I will never go back to Pandora.  

mod edit: merged comments

Monkeymd
Local Performer

Same issue.  Have an Onn tablet that will randomly start playing. Freaked me out thinking there's someone in the garage. Now happening on my S22 Ultra. Woke me up at midnight last night. Might happen more often but this is the first time I didn't have my phone on silent.

0 Kudos

Letty0
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue, though, yours was pretty funny! 

0 Kudos

tomtowmann
Local Performer

I was recently traveling and this issue started out of the blue. Pandora turns on by itself after manually closing. I've deleted and reinstalled. Checked all settings. Force stopped and still does it. I'm going to close out my account and try another

Kwright504
Local Performer

I started having this issue a few weeks ago. And it's not when I restart my phone. Pandora just randomly opens and starts playing on a whim. I have a galaxy s20. 

0 Kudos

simplefemale6
Local Performer

My device has been doing this for the last 3 or 4 days including at work.  Which is a big deal!  I will probably have to delete it until this problem is fixed.  I can't have my phone randomly playing music in a corporate meeting.

jfq
Local Performer

Samsung S 20 Ultra 5G, Android version 13, One UI version 5.1

I tried this ( In app, go to Settings>Advanced, uncheck "Enable Auto-Start".) and Pandora (version 2308.1)still launches with phone start up but did NOT play. Still , don't need app active in background potentially draining battery.

IndyAmy
Local Performer

Well at least I'm not the only one lol. I've also had Pandora for years and only recently did it start auto playing after my phone restarts. 

babytraytray
Opening Act

I was paying for a subscription, I cancelled it so my family account will be a free account. Wish I had done it sooner as they were paid a few days before I did this. The next move is to go some place else altogether if this doesn't stop.

0 Kudos

Rusty4
Underground
  • Your device model: Samsung S21
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1
  • The approximate date / time this occurred:  This morning 9/23/23 when I started the phone and most importantly during a taping of the radio show Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me on Thursday 9/21/23; I had turned off the phone and turned off the sound as a precaution for later as instructed during the performance, but turning it back on to take pictures of the cast came on loud and clear (with the phone sound turned OFF) and refused to turn off to the disdain of the rest of the audience, cast, crew, and theater staff!!!!!  I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EMBARRASSED.  THANKS FOR THAT.

Sorry, it didn't post on the first attempt, then I logged in, and it posted twice.

mod edit: merged comments

secunn
Local Performer

It's 9/23/23 and still no fix and Pandora continues to wake me up at all hours of the morning. I don't want to cancel my subscription but I don't know what else to do at this point.

0 Kudos

Hc3d
Local Performer

I finally deleted Pandora for the same reason. I could not stop it from turning on by itself.

0 Kudos

aisenhower19
Underground

My Pandora starts on its own when I reboot my phone and the only way to stop it is to go into apps and force stop. Can you please patch this?

-Free version of Pandora

-Samsung Galaxy s21

-Android 13

j_rod
Local Performer

Turning off "Enable Auto Start" under advanced settings seems to have stopped the problem for me.

However, When I just went and looked. "Enable Auto-start" had turned itself back on.  Maybe that is part of the problem?

Samsung S20

Tip58
Local Performer

Same problem on my S21 with Pandora... 

0 Kudos

Roadside
Local Performer

Same Issue as everyone else.    Pandora randomly starts 5 or 6 times daily.   I close the program and it starts right back up within three minutes.   If I reboot my phone, it starts right back up.  

0 Kudos

etonyrose
Local Performer

Does anyone from Pandora read and/or respond to these posts?  I too have the same issue with the app (after being a loyal user for years).  Now searching for alternatives.  If Pandora is trying to decrease the user count, then mission accomplished.

nytemayr
Local Performer
No, not anyone from Pandora is ever going to respond to these posts.
0 Kudos

Rusty4
Underground

Someone from Pandora actually did respond a couple of days ago and said thanks for reporting the issue and it had been turned over to engineering.