cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

AggieMike
Local Performer

Might have to do the same. In my case, Diane Ross and the Supremes because I'm older than you. 🙂

Can't have it starting automatically.  Will delete until I see a resolution.

0 Kudos

Noneyah
Underground

Quick update - I'm now part of the "it started in the middle of the night and woke me up" crowd. Instant uninstall. I love pandora but can't be having that.

I *may* temp reinstall to use it then uninstall when done from time to time, but it's not going back on my phone permanently until this is resolved 

cmmarches
Local Performer

I've had Pandora for years and never experienced this issue until recently. Music started playing early this morning before my alarm, twice! So frustrating. I'll delete the app and use my Spotify account for music instead if this isn't resolved soon.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

*Please note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Status Update (09/26/23):

Hi friends 👋

Our engineering team is still actively working on a resolution to address the issue. Rest assured that your feedback has been instrumental in guiding our efforts to rectify the situation. We understand that this has caused inconvenience and frustration, and we genuinely appreciate your continued patience as we work towards a solution.  🤝

Pandora Status Update (09/21/23):

Hey friends 👋

Thank you for sharing your device details as well as your experience. I've updated my original post and removed the request for additional device details. At this time, we've gather enough information to share with engineering team about this issue for them to reproduce. They are actively working on a resolution and a moderator will update this thread when we have more info to share. 

We're grateful for your diligence in spotting this issue. Thanks again for your patience. 🎧

Pandora Status Update (09/18/23): 

Hi friends 👋

Thank you for raising the alarm regarding this issue.

Our engineering team is currently investigating. In the meantime, all reports from this thread are being shared on an internal ticket with our tech team. 

Something to note: I've seen a few posts regarding the "AutoStart" setting available for Premium subscribers. This issue is impacting all subscription tiers; adjusting this setting will not resolve the issue. 

While we don't have any new information to share right now, rest assured we will keep you updated on this thread when we do. We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on behind the scenes. 🎧

Pandora Status Update (09/15/2023): 

Hi friends 👋 

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback about your experience with the Pandora app playing without being prompted. We've shared (and will continue to share) all feedback provided on this thread with our tech team. When we received updates, the moderation team will post them here.

We appreciate your patience during the investigation process. 🎧
Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

overthemoon
Opening Act

FWIW, I've been able to avoid being woken up in the middle of the night after changing the Auto-restart at set times options to restart my phone at a different time of day. While this isn't a permanent solution, I'm sharing in hopes that it will help y'all sleep better while waiting on the next app update.

shipimmediately
Local Performer

true story: Jut prior to installing this problem version Padora_2308.1.apk - I actually thought, wait, Pandora has been running bug free for way too long, it's just a matter of time before they f#$% it up - so I saved the previous Pandora_2307.1.apk version and reinstalling it is the only thing that stopped Pandora playing every time I restart my phone.

WHY is Pandora still having version 2308.1 available on Google Play Store!? Just nuke the buggy version and revert to the older one until you fix this massive bug. Why would you keep a red flag buggy version up for a month? Just revert to the old one while you take your sweet time to fix whatever went wrong without impacting customers, I mean just re-release the old version under a higher version number so it auto-updates on people's devices.

Bippse
Local Performer

Pandora has been starting on its' own for about a week especially after re-boooting my Samsung Galaxy A51 phone.  I cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled Pandora, rebooted phone, re-installed Pandora and still the same problem.  Pandora was not installed on the SD Card (not a SD Card problem).  I see other are having the same problem.  The latest is Pandora has been working on it for more than a week.  I suggest using YouTube Music as an alternative.  Actually, YouTube Music is working nicely.  Got it from Play Store (YouTube Music).

Uninstalling & re-installing it did not work for me either.  So far, YouTube Music is a good alternative.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

TechnoTherapist
Underground

FYI: Opening a ticket directly with Pandora Support nets you this:

Thanks so much for letting us know about this.

We are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates to the Pandora app, it's likely how this issue will be addressed.

We really appreciate your patience.

The Pandora User Support Team

------------------------------------------------------
For your reference this is Case #: 04805479

Halfbreed5629
Local Performer

Every time I restart my galaxy it automatically plays pandora. I don't have a subscription and I don't have the auto connect to car turned on. It's becoming a hassle. 

0 Kudos

JamesAlexander
Local Performer

Same issue: App automatically starts playing every time I restart my phone or connect to Android Auto. Auto-play isn't an option under Advance and Launch From Car is turned. 

S22 Ultra

Android version 13

App version 2308.1

0 Kudos

Power23
Local Performer

Do you have the same troubleshooting tips for android. Pamdora launches randomlyvon my as well. Twice around the 4AM hour recently. Please help!

0 Kudos

dm2673
Local Performer

After you swipe down from the top to see that the app is still open, swipe to the left and that closes out of the app completely.  I have a Samsung Galaxy.

0 Kudos

Talonstorm
Local Performer

Woke me up playing music a few minutes before 4 am this morning! I last used the app on Sunday, it is Wednesday. Fix it or I will have to delete! 

0 Kudos

eddiesean
Local Performer

Eversince the last update, the app has been randomly playing by itself, & running in the background. Annoying & embarrassing (especially at the workplace). Today was the last straw. The app woke me up at 3:15 AM. Uninstalled. It was a good 9+ years.

S22 Ultra

Android version 13

App version 2308.1

0 Kudos

Piromaniac10000
Local Performer

LG K51 Running Android version 12, same issue. I thought it was because I had it bluetoothed to my car, and let it auto stop when i stopped the car, but I have now had it happen after I was paused the app without being bluetoothed. Hope they fix it fast, or they are gonna lose a lot of traffic.

0 Kudos

RicBar
Local Performer

In the last few weeks the app opens randomly by itself. Sometimes it's playing I try to swipe it off but it's not listed as being open. I've tried everything from restarting the phone to force stopping the app with no resolution. I Googled the issue and it seems to be a problem everywhere also the Pandora team has posted no resolution. Deleting the app unless someone can give me a fix. I have been a subscriber for well over 10 years and never had an issue.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Power23 @RicBar. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

You can find the status updates in the accepted solution. Once we have a fix for this issue, I will update everyone on the thread. 

Thanks for your patience while our engineering team works on this. 🤝

*Please note: The Accepted as a Solution for this thread is meant to flag the current steps and/or status of this issue. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

audjtate
Local Performer

what if I don't see something that says "auto start"?

0 Kudos

MusicFan6723
Local Performer

Same issue. Middle of the night auto start.  Agree with shipimmediately above - "just re-release the old version under a higher version number so it auto-updates on people's devices."  Should be a no-brainer, so presumably that's an issue for them to do for some reason and/or they're dramatically understaffed.  No resolution on an issue of this magnitude for over 10 days is not ok.

ayasekun1594
Local Performer

this is not just a 10 days long issue, i have been having issues with pandora for months before this started. i was having serious connection issues and the app would open in the background but it would just show as a empty media pop up and play nothing. it has simply gotten worse over time. now i barely use it because i can never get it to connect to the internet as it always stated it has connection issues. if i restart my phone though it turns on as soon as i start my phone up. but if i close it and try to use it later it wont connect. or if i have it open and close it sometimes it wont close properly and will still be playing music from my phone. im really fed up and dont understand why they wont fix this. im paying for an app that doesn't work. i can only get it to ever work on my home pc which is ridiculous.

0 Kudos