cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Play from "All Songs" for Any Artist

essc2316
Opening Act

Cannot play songs when I select an artist, all songs, and then select a song from there. The play icon is there but nothing happens. I used to be able to select a song from the all songs menu, push the play icon on the right hand side, and it would play only music from that artist. It does not work anymore. Anyone else have this trouble?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
32 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @essc2316 thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble with this. 

I've asked our User Support team to enable a trace on your account so that we can better understand what is happening.

Would you mind trying some of the troubleshooting steps for Android from our Help Page

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

I have tried the troubleshooting tips, to no avail. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, deleted all of the data files from the app setting nothing works. Kind of a bummer.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear that didn't work @essc2316. I'd like to report this to our engineers. 

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

Model: samsung galaxy s6 active

Android version: 7.0

Build # NRD90M.G890AUCS7DRF2

Android security patch: june 1, 2018

Pandora version: 2005.1

Still cannot play songs from the all songs menu. I had a lot of trouble a couple weeks ago with the app closing on me all the time and I had to download uninstall reinstall download uninstall reinstall multiple times. Everything was working fine for a couple weeks until a couple days ago when all of a sudden it's just stopped letting me play from all songs menu.  I am having this issue both connected to good Wi-Fi, and also on cellular data

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@essc2316 I'm very sorry for the continued trouble. In the meantime, I've reported your specific issue to our engineering team.

Thanks so much for your patience while they look into this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

Any update on this?  Still cannot play music from all songs menu.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @essc2316 - If you haven't already, can you update the Pandora app to the current version of 2005.2. 

Let me know if you're still having the same problem. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

I deleted the Pandora app from my phone. I restarted the device reinstalled and downloaded Pandora 2005.2 tried again still cannot play songs from the all songs menu

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying @essc2316, sorry to hear it didn't work.

I've updated my notes to our engineers, thanks for your continued patience in meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

Patience is running thin. This is a pretty big bummer for me. Been using Pandora for a long time to have this happen basically ruins the feature of paying for Pandora Premium. I just downloaded Spotify and it works perfect first try. Looks like it might be time to switch streaming apps. Didn't even have to pay anything Spotify just let me play one Artist as much as I want. Imagine that

0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

Upgraded my phone to a new Samsung galaxy s10.  I am still having the same issue, cannot play songs from the all songs menu.  This is getting frustrating and feels like y'all are not doing anything to help or even care.  I really enjoy the feature of being able to select one artist and play all of their songs on shuffle.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@essc2316 Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that you're still experiencing this. I understand how frustrating this can be.

Please keep mind, we do report all of your information including your Pandora account info, device info, and all of the feedback about your experience to our engineering team. Unfortunately, the Community Moderators do not have an ETA of when this will be fixed by our engineering team. 

Rest assured, your voice has been heard. @TannerPandora and myself have reported your information on your behalf to shed light on the issue you're encountering. Thanks for your patience during this time. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

OK well let's update the info.  Had this issue on my old phone, changed to a newer phone.  Here is the new info.

Model: SM-G973U (SAMSUNG GALAXY S10)

ANDROID VERSION: 10

BUILD NUMBER: QP1A.190711.020.G973USQS3DTDB

ANDROID SECURITY PATCH: MAY 1, 2020

PANDORA VERSION: 2005.2

All of that is on a fresh install on the new device.  Just to clarify my issue.  When I select an artist, then select all songs, the tracks all show up.  I used to be able to select the "play" button on the top track, then select the shuffle button, and it would play all of the artist's tracks.  The play button does not work anymore, so a huge function of pandora is not working for me.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @essc2316

I've updated your info on the ticket we have open for this issue.

Appreciate you taking the time to send those details over. This has been reported to engineering. 🎧

0 Kudos

Ravercat
Underground

Pandora premium.

When I search for an artist, and list all songs by artist, I can sometimes listen to all these songs through the outer layer just like songs on my collection--I don't have to go into the album. Seems like it used to be like this across the board for all artists in search  mode, but now it's largely not working. 

Great feature for exploring new artists when it works.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Ravercat. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds like you're experiencing something similar: Cannot play music from all songs menu 

We recently opened a ticket for this issue with our engineering team. Would you mind sharing the requested information from @TannerPandora's post here?

Let me know, and I can share your experience / device info too. Thanks so much for your help with this.

0 Kudos

Juanma
Local Performer
  • Why I can't hear all the songs of an artist on my cel phone with premium Pandora
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Juanma. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds like you may be experiencing something similar: Cannot play music from all songs menu 

Could you provide the requested information from @TannerPandora's post here?

++

@essc2316 Could you try updating the Pandora app to Version 2006.1

Let me know if this is happening in this app version so I can report that immediately. Thanks again for sticking with me on this. 

0 Kudos

essc2316
Opening Act

I updated the Pandora 2006.1. It still will not let me play from the all songs menu. That used to work I used to love this feature. Now doesn't work and I'm getting very frustrated every time I use Pandora

0 Kudos