cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto - Audio switches between car speaker and phone

GME
Local Performer

Has anyone experienced this problem:  Pandora audio jumps from car speaker to smartphone speaker and then back to car speaker.  The phone is connected via the Android Auto app.k

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @GME! Thanks for posting.

This is super interesting, I don't think I've heard of this before. Are you connected to Android Auto with a USB or bluetooth? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your Android prior to reaching out? If so, can you let me know what you tried?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rosebud512
Underground

I've had the same issue - sometimes it happens when I've been listening, turn off the car, and then turn it back on. Sometimes I can get it to fix by "disconnecting" the phone as if I'm using a different phone for Android Auto, or sometimes by closing Pandora app and reopening it, but not always. I've also had my phone be playing the song that shut off when I turned off the car - my purse will be quietly singing to me and I'll realize it a few minutes later. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rosebud512! Thanks for posting

To clarify, when this happens, you have recently disconnected from Android Auto, then Pandora will begin playing through your mobile? Does this happen immediately when disconnecting or some time later?

In the meantime, can you let me know a few details about your phone?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos