cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto: Pandora won't close after being connected

Rubeus
Local Performer

Pandora is always left open running in background after using Android Auto, and will begin to play as soon as the phone syncs to any other Bluetooth device unless a Force Stop is used to terminate it.   I have found the only solution is to have the Android Auto Pandora Screen on the display when disconnecting the phone and/or turning off the car.  If Android Auto has anything else on screen when exiting the car, i.e. Waze, Google Maps, etc.. Pandora seems to miss the signal to Stop and Close.   Has been this way for over a year and hoping my input can help find a solution if there is not one already, thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @sclemens 

To clarify, you're hearing audible music playing from your phone or are you seeing a player notification appear?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Rubeus thanks for being part of community! 

Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Have you performed any troubleshooting steps with your phone already?

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JodithSu
Local Performer

Rubeus - I've have the same issue with Pandora/Android Auto (2018 Silverado paired with Note 10+) since getting the truck. The only consistent method I've found is to restart the phone after disconnecting from the truck, turning off the truck, etc. I would be appreciative of a more app-based solution.

0 Kudos

Woodstock0311
Local Performer
  • I've been having the same problem since I got this car. It's a 2019 Volkswagen Jetta R-Line. Everything is factory and it's connected via USB. My phone vis a Motorola G7 Power. Running Pandora version 2101.1. The phone works perfectly in all other respects so I haven't done any troubleshooting.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Woodstock0311! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear this happening, I understand how frustrating it can be. 

We're aware of this issue and are working on it. I've added your info to our ticket. Can you let me know the OS on your G7. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Erinrache
Local Performer

Following....this is so annoying and has led me to YouTube Music until it can be fixed.  Two minutes or so after I walk away from my truck my purse starts blasting music, often in inappropriate places.

Tactlessmike
Local Performer

Yeah, I've been with Pandora since it's Beta in 2005. Been paying for it since 2010. I don't know where the breakdown is, but it's across multie android devices. Eyeballing the effort to try other options... 

0 Kudos

Toddfrog
Local Performer

This continues to be a problem and is consistent on all cars.  It is not a car model or radio model issue, it is an android/pandora issue.  

crisk3933
Local Performer

This is my problem too but it affects me by losing my place in my podcasts and continuing to play through chapters and mark them as "listened".

0 Kudos

Jackstrappe
Local Performer

I have been having this problem too.  Pandora better fix it or I'll stop using it.  It is a major issue.

If I use Pandora, the next time I turn on the car, the head unit crashes and freezes.  No problems until I open Pandora.

0 Kudos

ozmt
Local Performer

Packages:
Maps: 11.2.5
YouTube Music: 4.49.51
Spotify: 8.6.70.1102
Google Play Store: 27.4.17-21 [0] [PR] 400754236
Waze: 4.78.0.2
Fermata Auto: 1.7.10
Google Play services: 21.39.16 (150400-402663742)
TuneIn Radio: 27.6.4
Audible: 3.14.0
Google: 12.40.14.23.arm64
Voice: 2021.09.20.397866931
SiriusXM: 5.8.7
SmartThings: 1.7.72.21
Android Auto: 6.9.613724-release
Pandora: 2108.1.1
Pulse SMS: 5.5.8.2863
Messenger: 334.0.0.15.118
Google Play Books: 5.18.4_RC03.393418938

Permissions:
phone: on
contacts: on
sms: on
microphone: on
calendar: off
call_log: on

Pandora starts when I turn on my phone. Very irritating and battery draining. Please fix this or I'll Uninstal pandora 

Samsung galaxy fold 3 new

0 Kudos

blueskyca
Underground

Same issue on Note 20 running Android 12. Is there a solution yet?

0 Kudos

Cricketus42
Local Performer
  1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle? 2022, Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device? All OEM
  3. What is the model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)? Galaxy s10+, version 2204.1
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux) BT and USB, as I need USB to access Android Auto
  5. Have you performed any troubleshooting steps with your phone already? Launch From Car under Advanced settings is already Unselected.

Pandora automatically launches, intermittently when USB plugged in, overriding my radio selection. It also demands map screen space, and I cannot tyrn it off when not wanted.

Cricketus42
Local Performer

***Update:

In the Android Auto app -> Customize Launcher, i hid Pandora.

So far has not auto started, but I can manually start if I launch on phone...

0 Kudos

AnnoyedAndroid
Local Performer

Any actual resolution? I have had two cars (one OEM system and one not) and two different Android phones with this same issue. I can't swipe the app closed and have to use "force stop" in the app settings. Surely in the past two and a half years since this was originally posted there has been some solution, right?

bruceskee88
Local Performer

Same issue as described above, on both my 2019 Honda Ridgeline and wife's 2018 Honda Pilot with both Pixel 6 & 7 Pro.  This is one of many issues experienced between Honda and Android Auto.  Like others have commented, I may ditch Pandora until they resolve this.  It's been years.

dstracker
Local Performer

I have a 2022 Chevy Equinox and the only way I can stop Pandora is to restart my phone. When is someone at Pandora going to add an "exit" option to the App? Android Galaxy S20 FE 

dstracker
Local Performer

I actually figured out a way to close Pandora on my Android.  On the notifications screen, look for the Pandora song that's playing and just swipe left.  That shuts it off.  Sometimes you have to do it a couple of times, but it does work. 

0 Kudos

sclemens
Underground

Same issue for me on Pandora 2310.1, Android 13, One UI 5.1, Samsung S23FE, Android Auto 10.8.634434, Pioneer DMH-1770NEX

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sclemens 

Welcome to community!

To clarify your experience, when your Android connects to your vehicle, Pandora will connect to Android Auto and automatically launch and you're unable to close the application?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos