cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto - Requesting song frequently plays remix/live version

ChipG
Local Performer

When requesting a song on my Pandora Premium account via Android Auto (e.g. "Play Thriller") for many songs Pandora will not play the studio version of the song. Using the "Thriller" example, the track played is a marching band cover of the song - not at all what I wanted. The studio version exists in the library as it will play as part of another playlist or station. How can I specify that I want the studio album version, not a live version, remix, or cover? This happens on a large percentage of songs I request and is quite annoying in the car when it isn't possible to get the song I want. This may occur via other VPA devices, I haven't tried it. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @ChipG! Thanks for posting to community!

Sounds like Google Assistant is returning some interesting song choices in your car. I've created a ticket and enabled a trace on your account so our engineers can take a closer look. 

I'll make updates in this thread as they are made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ChipG
Local Performer

Any additional updates?

0 Kudos

GD3
Local Performer

I'm having same issue, is there a way to "prefer" studio first over live version? There should be!

sr105
Local Performer

I searched and came here with the same issue. Every time I ask Google to play a song via Android Auto, Pandora plays some weird remix or live version and almost never plays the original version of the song I asked for. At first it was annoying, now it's infuriating.

Dk6184
Local Performer

Another typical company... They get ur money and start a "ticket"

Any updates? Can I get a ticket number to call and reference for more info? This has been an on going issue from day one. Id like to see this fixed.

@TannerPandora  any updates? 

Moderator Edit: Format & merged

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dk6184 - Our engineers have been unable to reliably reproduce this issue with Android Auto in vehicles. As a result, we’ve been unable to release a fix and have no eta for when one might be available.

Are you specifically experiencing this issue in your car with voice commands? 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MrRemoto
Local Performer

I have this problem across all voice assistant platforms: Sonos, Google, Alexa, Android Auto. Example songs "Play Willie Nelson On The Road Again" plays Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson live version, "Play Passenger by Iggy Pop" plays a live version, basically any Elton John, and any Reggae will always trigger a live version. This is just in the last 45 minutes. You can't reproduce this issue?

Tower015
Local Performer

This happens at the drop of a hat. I quite legitimately do not believe your team was unable to reproduce this error - your system has a message for this explaining that "sometimes some songs aren't available on this platform."

Let me assure you, there are minimal people who want live versions of songs they are thinking of, and having it as an option sounds like absolute nonsense.  Chicago's 25 or 6 to 4 for example, will quite always come up with live version, and never naturally comes up if you just look up Chicago - I can give you a list of 10 to 15 other artists that this same thing happens with if that type of data would help, but I do not believe for a second that any rigorous testing was done if you say it couldn't be replicated. 

Jsheysja641
Local Performer

This issue drives me insane. Why can't Pandora play original studio versions as default. It's always some obscure remix/concert no one cares about. If we wanted it, we'd ask for it. 

Vmgreenfield
Local Performer

I agree! Along with my Brother who also uses Pandora. It’s annoying to request a song and get a live version of a band 30 years later and the song sounds nothing like the original. It’s enough to make me want to search for another streaming service. 

0 Kudos

scar00
Local Performer

I have this same issue. If I wanted to listen to a live version of a song. I will go see the band in concert. This needs to be fixed. I highly doubt that this issue was unable to be reproduced. It happens so frequently it's so frustrating. To the point I'm looking at other services. 

Has pandora ever came up with a solution. They need to have a setting just like the one that exclude explicit songs. That's says never play live or remixes of songs.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos