cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

SAS18
Opening Act

This one worked for me and several others who have posted on this thread.  I cannot vouch for the safety of the site, but so far no one has had any problems stemming from downloads from this site.  You need to uninstall the current version, download and install this version and make sure to turn off auto updates for Pandora in the Play Store.

https://apkcombo.com/pandora/com.pandora.android/download/phone-2203.1-apk 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

393 Replies

DillReex
Underground

I also have a 2018 forester and pandora suddenly stopped connecting. I'm now curious if it's an issue with an update to pandora on the phone.

I have a 2018 Subaru forester that for months had successfully been using the pandora app in the apps screen, but suddenly stopped working and now gives a "cannot connect" screen.

-I've had starlink setup for months (and the pandora app previously worked fine)

-I've already tried clearing the data on the pandora app on my phone, and when that did not work I uninstalled and reinstalled and cleared the data again, and it did nothing.

-my android phone still connects to the car's bluetooth fine, and I can still use the "BT audio" to hear my music from the pandora app on my phone, but the pandora app on the car's console still will not connect.

Any suggestions? 

Moderator Edit: Merged Posts

Cyndiloow
Local Performer

When I start my car, 2015 Mazda CX-5, it tells me Starting up Bluetooth hands free system…Please wait…Cannot playback Pandora while acquiring phone data. Then it will connect to the app, and play music for about two seconds. Then it will cycle through those two messages again, followed by, Pandora function not available because your devices Pandora application not connected. Reconnect? If I press Reconnect, it goes through all those message again, and won’t connect. This is a picture of my screen when it gives me the error message. Can you please help me? It’s driving me insane! 

6F131CC4-FF02-4006-A9D3-1F4987940DC5.jpeg

4405E64A-A7AC-4245-ACC5-3A57122320FB.jpeg

D379D3F6-FC11-493F-A935-56695A2724D9.jpeg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Cyndiloow Thanks for posting!

Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  2. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  3. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?
  4. Are you able to play Pandora if you connect with a USB (if this option is available for your model)?
  5. Are you able to play Pandora connected only with a Bluetooth connection through your mobile, not using the PandoraLink app?

Let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tortcat
Underground

I please need help.

Suddenly my Mazda cx5 (2021) ONLY on my samsung s21 5g ultra when trying to launch or use pandora from the Mazda, I get the message "Pandora app not found on device".

PLaying bluetooth from my s21 5g works fine.

I used my sons samsung s10 and we installed Pandora and the car app WORKED fine. 

Used my wifes apple 13  installed pandora, again car app worked fine.

ON my s21, deleted and reinstalled the pandora app many times...same exact issue. I have paired and unparied my samsung s21 several times...same result.

I can run pandora and stream it via bluetooth to my mazda cx5 just fine ..but now when trying to launch the pandora app on the car it refuses to open the app on my phone OR if pandora already playing on my phone it wont see it.

Settings in Pandora are to allow autolaunch etc etc.

This just started and I have run out of things to do and am about to just stop using Pandora as the only reason I pay for the premium is to be able to use the app as its the only app mazda loads.

I have restarted my phone several times also, and as I said  removing and reloading the pandora app same thing.

Current version of my pandora android app is 2208.1

This just started and I have spent hours trying to fix it. its NOT the car as my sons s10 and my wifes apple 13 will work just fine ( and that was with just installing pandora as a test).

MY s21 will show when checking media sound setting that its playing on the mazda but no joy and every time I try and open the pandora app in my cx5 it just says "app not found on device"

I dont know what else to try as I ahev removed and redon the app and paired unpaired etc etc...cleared data, cache etc.

Any help please?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

DillReex
Underground

2018 Subaru Forester 

Samsung S8+  model # SM-G955U

It says my latest software version for my phone is - G955USQU8DUD3/G955UOYN8DVC3/G955USQU8DVC3

The pandora on my phone says version: 2208.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 22081001)

0 Kudos

lithbaran
Local Performer

I have the same issue in my 2018 Mazda 6 Signature. Pandora worked fine until 1 week ago, but now get "Pandora Not Found".

Have taken all the same steps including deleting and re-installing Pandora App on my Motorola 5G Ace multiple times as well as re-pairing phone to my Mazda. Other Bluetooth connections between the phone and my Mazda work fine as my phone book loads to the Mazda system perfectly.

I am a paid subscriber and would appreciate a fix to this issue. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

txrcpilot
Local Performer

Same issue for me, popped up with my 2019 MX-5. Not sure exact date, but it's been within the past week. I don't have any other phones I can try connecting. I do have auto-updates on for Pandora, so I'm guessing their most recent update is what broke things. My phone is a Moto Z4 with Android 10.

0 Kudos

DillReex
Underground

Bumpbumpbump

0 Kudos

Cyndiloow
Local Performer

@TannerPandora It is a 2015 Mazda CX-5. The app version is version 2208.1-4-1f19eaad. I have an iPhone XR. 
No CarPlay. 
This only happens when I try to connect inside my car. I can play anywhere else with no problems. 
I can’t play Pandora while connected to a USB inside the car. 
No, Pandora will not play just using Bluetooth. 
I’ve deleted my iPhone, did forget this device, shut down my phone, deleted the Pandora app, reinstalled, and still won’t work. 

0 Kudos

Martini2055p
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue,  just started about a week ago

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up with those details @Cyndiloow! Since you've already tried some troubleshooting, I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team to further investigation.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @DillReex! Thanks for following up.

Did you notice this happening with the latest version of Pandora 2208.1? If so, can you try reverting to the previous version and try again.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tortcat, @Martini2055p@txrcpilot, @lithbaran! Thanks for posting your experiences.

Can you please confirm the following:

• What is the make and model of your phones?
  • What is the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  • How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth or USB)

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DillReex
Underground

That's the version of pandora I have now and it doesn't work, but I don't know when it updated to know if that's when it started. 

I don't see options to revert to an older version of pandora on the playstore.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

No problem @DillReex. I've noted that you're seeing this on 2208.1.

You should be able to download a previous version of the Pandora app from the Google Play store. If you are able to restore the previous version, let me know if you're still having the same experience. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DillReex
Underground

There is no option to download a previous version of pandora on the playstore. Could you confirm with the engineers that there is no way to revert to an older version? 

Photousa
Underground

My system is back to not connecting to Pandora.  When I try to get Pandora functionality on my head unit, it just says disconnected on the display.

I'm going to give the "Sonny5766" method a try and report back.  

I put the unit in Standby, then Select, "Setup" and search for something labeled, "Sources" and can't find that Icon to save my life, so I can't get any further.

0 Kudos

Photousa
Underground

Although the "sonny5766"" method did not work for me exactly, it got me close.  Here's what did work for me:

1) Put the head unit in STANDBY mode

2) Go to SETUP

3) Go to SOURCES/AV  (nothing is actually labeled, "sources")

4) Go to APP/iPod SETUP

5) APP CONNECTION SELECT / Android Bluetooth (I use a Samsung Note 10)  Then Press Done

Those steps got Pandora connected from the head unit to the phone.  Hope this helps someone.

TannerPandora

@miniyoda3 Unfortunately, this option is not available for iOS devices. You won't be able to download a previous app version.

@DillReex I was under the impression that Android users had this option through the Google Play Store. Some other Android users told me they were able to do this on their end. I'll have to follow up with our engineering team to see if this option is available for all devices.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos