cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to connect Pandora in various vehicles after 2208.1

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 10/6/22

I'd like to again thank everyone for posting their trouble with connecting Android devices to Pandora in the car. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and wanted you to know that we're working hard to resolve this issue.

If you're new to this thread and experience an issue connecting to Pandora with your Android, feel free to post. Your information will be passed along to our engineering ticket.

Updates will continue to be posted in this thread as they are given to the Community Team.

In the meantime, these steps may help to connect to your vehicle:

• First, make sure your phone is not connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
  • Then, launch Pandora on your phone before starting you car.
  • Once Pandora is playing, then connect to your vehicle via Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Pandora Update: 9/20/22

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting your experience to community.

Since many of you are having trouble on various Android phones and in different vehicles I've gone ahead and merged all related posts into one thread to help stay organized with updates and information.

If you're new to this thread, please note that this is for Android users who are unable to connect to Pandora in their vehicle or in-vehicle device with version 2208.1 or later.

An internal ticket has been created and our engineering teams are investigating. Updates will be made in this thread as they are made available to us.

We appreciate your continued patience while we look into this.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
393 Replies

chame631
Local Performer

I have a 2018 Mazda 3 and it now will not recognize Pandora when I press the Pandora station to listen to. This just started.  I have unpaired and reconnected Bluetooth and it still will not recognize Pandora. 

IMG_20220908_134003.jpg

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

kmbaker73
Underground

I have a 2019 Honda Accord and have had it for the last 3 years, first owner. Over the last month my Pandora cuts off, switches to the station selection channel and as of late says there is no device connected. My phone is clearly connected and just not Pandora. My Pandora is already set with the launch feature. I am extremely frustrated! Help!

0 Kudos

Sk1nny334
Local Performer

I have the same problem in my 2015 crosstrek. It has worked off and on until about a week ago. I have tried the trouble shoot options above with no change. I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone as well as well.

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado, and I have been connecting Pandora premium on the stock infotainment center for years. I have the app on the phone and the Pandora icon on the truck screen. No Android Auto or anything like that. I manually select the Pandora icon on the truck screen and Pandora launches via bluetooth. Within the past week or so, it will no longer connect. I've done everything I know to do. I restarted the app, restarted my android phone, deleted the cache, signed out and back in, unpaired the phone from the truck and reconnected, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, even reset my phone. I've checked the app settings and everything looks fine. The app is up to date as well as my phone. I don't know why it will suddenly not connect. My phone is an LG ThinQ G8. If I start Pandora manually after it connects to my truck on bluetooth, you can see a song playing, but nothing over the truck. It will work if I use a USB cable and connect to the truck through the media button on the stereo, but that is not how I have been using it. When I use it that way, there's no album art and no thumbs up/thumbs down. Any ideas? If it's a problem with a recent update, then I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this.

0 Kudos

juliegtg
Local Performer

I have the same issue with my 2014 buick verano!!!

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

Did your issue start recently, too?

0 Kudos

User1628cx
Underground

Same Issue, "app not found" . 2022 Mazda Cx5.  Started this week with version 2208.2 update. Launch from car enabled. Moto g stylus. Android 11. Did all the usual troubleshooting steps. Worked fine before update.

0 Kudos

Dc10boy
Underground

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring here too.I have a 2017 Mazda 3 that I have used Pandora in for years.
2 days ago my Pandora updated to Version 2208.2 (Android-tuner 22082003). All my problems began with this update. Now, when I hit Pandora on my Car, I get the "Pandora app not found on device" message that everybody else seems to be getting.
Bluetooth works fine. I can accept and make calls. I can stream any music via bluetooth,the way I use other platforms including pandora if I start the app on my phone first and then connect via bluetooth, only I'm unable to switch channels, thumbs up etc. using the cars controls. This is not a car issue, or bluetooth issue it is an issue with this latest pandora version.
My phone is a Oneplus 6T running Android V11.
For troubleshooting, I have cleared cache, deleted files, uninstalled app. shut down then restarted phone. Reinstalled app. made sure start from car was enabled. checked operation . App not found  when starting from car. Operation normal while streaming via bluetooth, though car controls will not work. Pandora was always used on Bluetooth, not USB.
Can the previous version of app be made available to us as this one no longer works in our cars?

++

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring here too. That's the same screen I get. I have a 2017 Mazda 3 that I have used Pandora in for years.
2 days ago my Pandora updated to Version 2208.2 (Android-tuner 22082003). All my problems began with this update. Now, when I hit Pandora on my Car, I get the "Pandora app not found on device" message that everybody else seems to be getting.
Bluetooth works fine. I can accept and make calls. I can stream any music via bluetooth,the way I use other platforms including pandora if I start the app on my phone first and then connect via bluetooth, only I'm unable to switch channels, thumbs up etc. using the cars controls. This is not a car issue, or bluetooth issue it is an issue with this latest pandora version.
My phone is a Oneplus 6T running Android V11.
For troubleshooting, I have cleared cache, deleted files, uninstalled app. shut down then restarted phone. Reinstalled app. made sure start from car was enabled. checked operation . App not found when starting from car. Operation normal while streaming via bluetooth, though car controls will not work. Just to be clear, I always connect via Bluetooth, not USB
Can the previous version of app be made available to us as this one no longer works in our cars?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

VPG85
Local Performer

2022 HR-V same issue as everyone else. Will no longer connect after an update. Phone IS connected via Bluetooth but can only play via USB or Bluetooth without Pandora features. I don't like having to plug up my phone every time I get in the car and I don't like via Bluetooth without Pandora features. 

debmeg2003
Underground

I have also been using Pandora in my 2015 Buick Encore for the last 2 years without issues. Suddenly for the last 1-2 weeks I have not been able to play from the Pandora thumbnail in my Buick. Works fine on my phone app and will also play fine from my Bluetooth thumbnail in my Buick. I have uninstall and reinstalled Pandora on my phone (following suggested trouble shooting steps). Also unpaired and repaired bluetooth from my Android Samsung Galaxy 9 to my Buick. I cannot get the Pandora thumbnail to work (become functional). Only thing, as I am hesitant, is clear my app data/cache from the Pandora phone app. Help please. I am close to giving up and feel I may need to take the next step, saddly.

0 Kudos

CharlieD
Underground

I have a 2017 CR-V and it appears the latest update broke the app in just the way you describe.  it also connects via Android Auto along with regular bluetooth.  It will no longer connect to the car's pandora app.  I left a comment about this in the google play store. I even tried deleting and reinstalling the app on my phone, rebooting the phone,  and also rebooting the entertainment system in the car.  Nothing fixed it so I think it's a safe assumption that the latest update broke it.  I'm not sure how to officially report this to Pandora. If I find a way, I will.

++

It appears the last update broke it. I have a 2017 Honda CR-V. It works fine through Android Auto and the plain old bluetooth connection but not through the specific built in pandora app in the car. I did everything you did plus rebooted the entertainment system in the car and nothing fixed it. Don't worry about clearing data/cache. You automatically did that when you deleted and reinstalled the app on your phone.

++

Yup. Similar message in my 2017 Honda CR-V. Latest update broke the app just like you describe. Hopefully they update the app to either fix it or back out the change they made.

0 Kudos

Packergirl52
Underground

Just started having an issue with my Android phone and Pandora.  It was fine when I turned on the car and connected via bluetooth. Now Pandora cannot find the bluetooth.  Removed Pandora from the phone, reinstalled, changed my password, turned off the phone - nothing works.  Headed to the Mazda dealer in the morning, but the phone is connected via bluetooth and I can use my phone fine.  Just no Pandora - really frustrated.  Any suggestions?

All of a sudden I am having the same issue in my CX5.  Just four days ago.  Worked fine before.

I started having the issue 4 days ago myself.  Trouble shooted everything and still does not work.  Mazda said to check with Pandora - looks like that is the issue.  Bummer as I have a 2 day drive ahead of myself and cannot connect and there is no real support from Pandora.

Blackmoon1
Local Performer

I can't get the Pandora on my Google Pixel 2 to work with my Jensen VX7023 car receiver.  Pandora will play through the car stereo via Bluetooth, however, I can’t get the built-in Pandora functionality controls to work.  This has been happening since the last update.

I tried removing Pandora and reinstalling, and I cleared the Cache from the Bluetooth on my phone.  I am currently using version 2208.2 on Android 10.

I do not get any error messages on my head unit, the screen just stated to start Pandora on my mobile device.

0 Kudos

Rannmann68
Local Performer

Same issue with my 2015 Outback.

0 Kudos

DJBattou1
Local Performer

Hello,

I have a Kenwood DDX8706S and pandora was working just fine and then I get the disconnected message and the music will play, I just cant control it from the unit.  I have tried the STANBY method and its still not working, any suggestions will be wonderful.

0 Kudos

bribird
Local Performer

I have listened to Pandora on my Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS for years with the older version of Pandora. Ever since the newer version with the change in the Pandora App Icon, it wont connect thru the app built into the radio. I can listen on my phone and listen thru bluetooth audio on the head unit, but not thru the built in Pandora app in the Pioneer radio.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Things ive tried..... thru settings on phone, cleared data for pandora app. uninstall app and reinstall app. Even did a firmware update on my pioneer radio. Nothings is fixing it. Is this something that just got overlooked by the Pandora software people when they wrote the newest version of Pandora app?

thanks for any help

0 Kudos

tichenor44
Local Performer

I have a 2019 subaru wrx. I have samsung s9+.  And the pandora app on the car is doing the same thing. Just says to retry. I can listen to pandora through the media Bluetooth. I've cached the memory and storage still didn't fix it. I Uninstalled the app and re-download. I even had suabru do a radio update on the car it didn't solve it. I didnt realize there was an update to pandora recently. Hopefully they can get the problem solved soon. 

TannerPandora

Hi @DJBattou1! Sorry to hear those steps didn't help.

To confirm, you're not able to stay connected to PandoraLink, the integrated app found on your Kenwood?

In the meantime, I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you tell me a little more about our mobile device:

• Make and model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
  • Are you connected through Bluetooth or USB?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bribird! Thanks for posting.

Sorry for any trouble. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you tell me a little more about our mobile device:

• Make and model of your phone:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
  • How is your phone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

TannerPandora

Hi @Blackmoon1! Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the trouble.

Just to confirm, this only happens with Bluetooth? Does your unit allow for a USB connection? If so, does the same experience happen?

Thank you for the info! I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineer team for further investigation.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos