cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car playback controls unresponsive

Deadshot
Underground

Can't use car controls when app is connected to car only volume just recently happened?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
15 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Deadshot! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear this. 

Could you provide the following information so I can take a closer look. 

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Deadshot
Underground

2015 volkswagen gti stock radio and pixel 3 phone

Also latest pandora update Android auto bluetooth connection

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Deadshot!

If you haven't already, let's try re-pairing the connection between your car and the phone.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Let me know how it goes.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Deadshot
Underground

Hello I've tried that a couple times and still doesn't work for me it doesn't come up on the screen as pandora being connected 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Deadshot Thanks for following up. 

Does this only occur when connected to Android Auto? If you're connected via bluetooth only, are you still able to use the control to skip a song?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Deadshot
Underground

It only happens in my volkwagen it works perfectly fine in my gmc sierra no issues at all 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @Deadshot

I've created a ticket so our engineers can take a closer look at what may be happening. 

Just to clarify, your GMC also used Android Auto but the problem is only with your Volkswagen. 

Can you also send over a bit more info about your mobile?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Luthuana
Local Performer

In the last year or so mine went completely unusable.  I can only listen to Pandora with the audio source set as my phone.  My car has a Pandora option that used to work, which is great because I have to thumb down a lot of stuff on some of my channels.

I drive a 2016 Mazda 3.  I do not use Android Auto.  My phone is a TCL 20 Pro.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Luthuana! Thanks for posting.

To confirm your experience, are you no longer able to connect to PandoraLink in your car vehicle? Instead you connect through Bluetooth or USB and control playback directly on your Android?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Luthuana
Local Performer
Pandora specific controls, i.e. thumbing up or down, and changing stations
has to be done on my phone. I can at least pause from my car's interface.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow, @Luthuana.

I'd like to pass this along to our engineer team. Can you please confirm:

• Pandora version:
  • Android version:
  • Do you remember approximately when this started (month/year)?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tehwanderer
Local Performer

I have had a similar problem appear suddenly, I am no longer able to skip songs or replay them via car controls across 3 different vehicles, connecting with either usb or Bluetooth. This has only begun within the last 10 days. Controls on those vehicles work fine otherwise and worked fine prior to this issue.

I have cleared bluetooth cache, and re-paired multiple times to no avail. 

Pandora version: 2304.1

Android version: 12

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Tehwanderer Thanks for posting. Can you let me know the make and models of the car. Are they all different?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tehwanderer
Local Performer

Yea they're all different, one is a toyota yaris 2016, the others are large transport trucks i don't know the make/model of off the top of my head. And pandora previously worked with them prior to this issue. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Let's try a couple of troubleshooting steps for your Android, @Tehwanderer.

You mentioned clearing the Bluetooth cache, but let's also clear the Pandora app data and cache. You can do that with the following steps:

Note: You may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know if you need help signing back in.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos