cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Integrated App: No longer connects

MVJ
Local Performer

I'm having connection issues with my pickup.  It will not connect anymore automatically and when I do get it to connect it drops after playing about 30-45secs of a song.  I have to push the radio button to get out of pandora on the head unit, then press the home icon, and then press the pandora icon again.  It'll connect but only for a few seconds then drops again.  Also when it connects it does not show the full info in the trucks head unit.  It'll play the song but still indicate acquiring pandora on the head unit. This is getting super frustrating.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Evo8hunter
Local Performer

I figured it out.  You have to go into your app setting from your phones app menue.  Then enable permission to.be controled by nearby devices .  Restart re pair to my link again with pandora open on your phone and it will link up normally.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @MVJ thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the trouble in your GMC.

Could you tell me the following:

1. Are you using the stock stereo or if you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

2. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

3. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)

4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Thanks for the help. I'll see what I can find out. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MVJ
Local Performer

1. Stock stereo 

2. Samsung galaxy S8 active version 2005.1

3. Bluetooth

4. No android auto just apple CarPlay 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @MVJ.

Can you ensure that you have the Launch from car setting enabled on your Android phone?

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap the Profile tab
  • Tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Select Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices make sure there is a check next to Launch from car.

Enabling the Launch from car setting will prompt a notification from Pandora that will appear any time you connect to any Bluetooth device, since Pandora cannot distinguish between vehicles and other Bluetooth devices. This notification is required by your Android device. If the message bothers you, you can disable the Launch from car setting.*

For now, please try enabling the setting and let me know if it helps. If you're still having trouble, respond to this email with the following information, and I can look into it further:

• Android OS version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Was there an indication that your phone and the stereo successfully paired via Bluetooth?
  • Did you receive the "Pandora is connected to your car" notification in the notification bar of your phone?

Let me know what you find.

*Keep in mind that if you disable the Launch from car feature, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth. Otherwise, it won't connect properly.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MVJ
Local Performer

Everything is setup to the T..and it still does it..I'm running android 9...

Yes 

Yea

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying it out @MVJ.

I've gone ahead and created a ticket and passed your info along to our engineers for further investigation into this. 

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MVJ
Local Performer

This is getting ridiculous.  it seems y'all can never get your **** together. You push an update through and it messes something else up.  Was working fine and now it connects and then kicks me out but I'm able to continue via just the regular Bluetooth app over the stock radio. If I click the pandora icon it pops up like if it opens then switches to the blootooth app. It's so annoying I'm getting ready to cancel my pandora premium account and switch to Spotify or something that doesn't require the installed app if it's not gonna use it anyway.  

0 Kudos

Goodtimes143143
Local Performer

Same trouble……Pandora error please check connected device……it’s connected!!!!! Everything works fine except for the Pandora app on the radio

0 Kudos

Evo8hunter
Local Performer

I figured it out.  You have to go into your app setting from your phones app menue.  Then enable permission to.be controled by nearby devices .  Restart re pair to my link again with pandora open on your phone and it will link up normally.  

0 Kudos