cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor sound quality with Bluetooth

Joeythekid
Local Performer

does anyon know how to improve sound quality in the car (i am using bluetooth via android as I believe i do not have direct capability in my car 2016 gmc).  the sound just seems muffled and the volume is very limited so much so that i have difficulty hearing it if i am driving down the highway - any suggestions?  thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Joeythekid! Thanks for posting. 

Can you tell me a little bit more about your phone and GMC?

1. What is the model of your GMC?
  2. Are you using the stock stereo or aftermarket? If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  5. Have you experienced this volume issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?
  6. Have you tried in troubleshooting before reaching out? If yes, which steps have you tried?

Let me know!

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Joeythekid
Local Performer

Hello, thank you for getting back to me.  Here are the answers to your questions:

1) 2016 Canyon

2) stock stereo

3) Samsung Galaxy S8 - Android, Pandora App Version 2103.1

4) no sure about Android Auto

5) No issue outside the car - the phone speakers and/or earbud volume and sound is fine

6) no

Thank you

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @Joeythekid

When you connect to your car are the controls for Pandora moved to your car's head unit or do you continue to control Pandora through your phone?

Do you have the option to connect to your vehicle with a USB?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Joeythekid
Local Performer

thanks again - yes, i can connect/ control via the truck's dash display - i do have a usb connection......since our last communication i did try the usb connection and it appears that if i both increase the volume on the phone (via sound up-down buttons) AND then use the car radio controls I do get increased sound volume but the quality still seems "off" (much less depth/clarity/"surround-feeling" vs the radio itself - i can live with it certainly but just figured i would reach out and ask others - thanks again for your help! 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up and for the feedback @Joeythekid!  I've passed your experience along to our engineering team so they can further look into this. 

If anything changes, feel free to let us know! 🙌🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Lissaco99
Local Performer

My truck has an option for speed assist, where when the truck goes faster and gets inevitably louder, the music Co-insides with that increase to keep your volume at the same level prior to the noise increase. Also if you click profile on the phone(bottom right) then click on i belive it says advanced,  then on sound quality or something similar , there is an option to turn on better quality audio,  good may skip your song more often but sound still be better,  that paired with what you already did, turned up phone volume, sound give you better quality. Also your phone settings may be blocked on the max volume of a blue tooth device,  check that and allow max, usually gives you enough to drown out the truck engine and wind noises, hope that helps. 

0 Kudos

Ovenblaster
Local Performer

Pandora sound quality is terrible in the car and It sounds flat. Music files or other apps sound significantly better. 

1. Stock 2018 tundra radio non jbl with nav. 
2. iPhone 12 mini with latest pandora version as of Jan 30. 
3. have tried usb and Bluetooth connections with no change in quality.

4. No car play

5. only an issue in the car. Headphones and other Bluetooth speakers sound normal. 

0 Kudos

ScubaSteveJaxFL
Local Performer

I have a 2021 Tundra with apple play and it sounds better in the truck then it does when playing thru Alexa. Playing thru Alexa is exactly how Joeythekid described it as being flat. Are there any  settings to help with the flat, mid-range sound?  The Logitech sub on my computer speakers barely vibrates when using Bluetooth. Something’s amiss? 

0 Kudos