cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 5/4/21: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple CarPlay

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/4/2021 - Hi all! I'm closing this thread and marking it as resolved. If you continue to have trouble with playback stopping when using CarPlay, please create a new post, referencing this thread. 

Pandora Update 4/28/2021Hi everyone! Thank you for posting your experience with Apple CarPlay to the community. 

We believe this has been resolved with Pandora version 2104.1. If you haven't yet, please update the Pandora app on your iPhone to the latest release. 

If you continue to have trouble with playback with Pandora on CarPlay, please let me know. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 4/28/2021 Hi everyone! Thank you for posting your experience with Apple CarPlay to the community. 

We believe this has been resolved with Pandora version 2104.1. If you haven't yet, please update the Pandora app on your iPhone to the latest release. 

If you continue to have trouble with playback with Pandora on CarPlay, please let me know. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
106 Replies

junkinsmd
Local Performer

Hello,

I purchased a Ford F150 with Sync 3 and Apple CarPlay.  When I am connected to Pandora through Apple CarPlay, Pandora will not advance to the next song and will stop playing.  The "play" button must be pressed in order to listen to the next song and it happens after each song.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @junkinsmd. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Pandora in your vehicle. 

I've created an email support case for you so that you can connect with someone from our Automotive team. Please keep an eye out for their email.

Thanks for your patience during this process! 🚗

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

pop43
Underground

I have the same problem. Everything worked fine until 3 days ago. No problem on my iPhone, but when plugged into Apple CarPlay music just hangs after one song. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry for any trouble @pop43.

I'm going to ask our User Support team to start a trace on your account to hopefully help us better understand what's happening. Try using Pandora as you normally would in your car. 

In the meantime, could you let me know the following:

1. What is the year of your Ford F150?

2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

3. What is the model of your iPhone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

4. Is this happening only while connected USB, or with Bluetooth as well?

5. Have you experienced this issue only when in your Ford, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CarBriRamos
Local Performer

I have the same problem. Everything worked fine on my new car that I had almost a year until 3 days ago. No problem on my iPhone, but when plugged into Apple CarPlay music just hangs after one song. Is there a solution?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CarBriRamos thanks for posting and sorry to hear that!

Can you let me know the following:

1. What is the make, model and year of your car?

2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

3. What is the model of your iPhone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

4. Is this happening while connected USB,  Bluetooth or both?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @LuizPandora! Do you have any ideas on this? Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pop43
Underground

Sorry, I'm new to this "community" stuff.  Here are my answers to the above questions:

This morning I tried Bluetooth, same result ... one song, then the music stops.  And restarting is not as simple as just hitting the Play button --- I have to close the app and reopen to get one more song ... not something I'm inclined to do on the highway.  I should also note that this is a brand new problem --- Pandora was working fine in this car until three days ago.

For completeness, I'm pasting here the answers to your questions that I sent yesterday:

To your questions:
  1. I have the same problem as the other user, not the same car .. I have a 2019 Cadillac XT5
  2. Stereo is GM built-in ... not aftermarket
  3. iPhone 6; I don't know the Pandora app version, but I just updated it yesterday
  4. I know it is happening with USB; I haven't tried Bluetooth
  5. Problem is only with use in the car; Pandora works fine on the iPhone otherwise

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @junkinsmd do you still experience this issue? We rolled out some app changes that should help. Please let us know when you get a chance.

Luiz | Sr. Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @CarBriRamos I wanted to ask if you still experience this issue in the current version of the Pandora app. Thank you!

0 Kudos

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @pop43 thank you for the great information! 🙏I wanted to ask if you still experience this issue in the current version of the Pandora app. If not please let us know as we have different settings on our end that may be more suitable for your account and car. Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos

pop43
Underground

The new version of the app solved the problem.  Thank you.

CarBriRamos
Local Performer

Hi @LuizPandora 

Can someone please fix this.  It was working fine for a few days and now it is back to same problem.  

Can I actually speak to someone regarding this?

So frustrating!

0 Kudos

LuizPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @CarBriRamos

So sorry to hear you still experience the issue. Please know that it impacts some specific cars and iOS versions so it would help us to have this information if you can provide it:

1) What head unit model or car model do you have? Just to confirm, from your other post, it appears you connect via USB to your car, correct?

2) What iOS version do you have on your phone? If it's not the latest, would you be able to update it and give it another try?

I also want to make sure you are on the latest version of Pandora on your iPhone which is currently 2003.2. If you're not on the latest, can you please update and see if that does it for your car?

I also wanted to verify which setting on my end works best for you, but I would need your help. If you are able to help, please log out of the Pandora app and log in again and give it a try. After I hear back from you, if it still doesn't work I may ask you to repeat that step and I'll try another setting for you.

Thank you for reaching out here.

0 Kudos

Runnergirlcinci
Local Performer

Hello,

I am having the same issue - Pandora does not play the next song while using CarPlay. I am using Pandora version 2006.1 and iOS 13.5.1 in a 2019 Jeep Sahara.  This issue happens with both my husband and my phones. I have tried logging off and logging back on and that did not resolve it. 

Can you please help me resolve as my husband wants to switch to Sirius Radio  because that is what came with the Jeep.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Runnergirlcinci! Thanks for posting to community! Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue with CarPlay. 😔

I've gathered your info (thanks for providing your device details) and passed this on to our engineering team to look into. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dapulsedoc
Local Performer

I have a Pioneer AVIC 8600 WNEX  When using the hard wire, blue tooth and wireless in apple CarPlay, one song will play and then it will not move to the next song without pushing the play >.  I have deleted the app and reloaded on iPhone Xs with 13.5.1 iOS.  Please help

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dapulsedoc, thanks for posting your experience! Sorry for any trouble.

I moved your message over to an existing thread that I believe is very similar to your issue: Pandora Stops Playing After Each Song on Apple CarPlay

We're aware of this issue and are currently investigated. I've added your info to our ticket. 

Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates, I'll post them as they are made available to me. 

++

Update 7/15/2020:

Hi @dapulsedoc! I talked to an engineer about this and we made a change on our end. The next time you play Pandora in your car can you let me know if the songs keep stopping or if the experience has improved. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kdub1219
Local Performer

Hi there! 
I am having the same problem, where pandora stops after each song while using CarPlay in my 2020 Mazda cx-30. I have the most current version of the Pandora app on my iPhone 11 Pro. 

please help!

0 Kudos