cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself

Pandora

Artboard 1.png

Welcome to the Pandora Community! Whether you've been a long-time Pandora listener or are new to our platform, we'd like to take the time to welcome you to the Pandora family!

We'd also like to take this time to hear from you! Share a picture of yourself below (if you feel comfortable doing so) and add the following so we have a better understanding of who you are:

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

We hope to hear from many of you and hope that your Pandora Community experience is a memorable one. 🎧

Tags (1)
1,301 Replies

Dryahkoo
Underground

Nice picture 👍🏻😎

Dryahkoo
Underground

You got alot going on here 🤣

Dryahkoo
Underground

I can dig it 👍🏻😎

duster7
Opening Act

duster7

Lord'd Day - enjoy the quiet solotude of Pandora and the music .

Kittykatpaws421
Local Performer

Hey I'm Rixby and this is my first  discussion on Pandora.Been a huge listener for yrs.didnt really realize that they had a community chat.cool...Ive been listening to Sam Smith here lately... I really like his music. his music really touches my heart and speakes to my soul. I like music that can do that touch your soul just by listening to it. love y'all guys.thanks 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Kittykatpaws421. 👋

Excited to welcome you to the Pandora Community. I hope you'll find it a valuable resource and a fun place to connect with others who share your interest in music.

Check out our monthly newsletter for all things Pandora Community here: The Listener Lounge: July 2023

Look forward to seeing you around the community space! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

bloodypawziezz
Underground

Hi! I am new to pandora and will be using it for music and to be social with others. My name is Jordan but i go by zake/zak. I support any artist but i love corpse.

unnamed (18).jpg

• Name?Zake/zak
  • Where you're from?Russia
  • What your favorite genre of music is?Punk rock, rock and altnative.
  • What you're currently listening to? the MISA MISA album by corpse.
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service? Post and For you. Post gives you the chance to be social and for you gives you songs and other things related to the stuff you listen to.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice to see you around the community space, @bloodypawziezz. I enjoy the For You section too. 

Feel free to share more about yourself in a couple of these threads:

Happy to have you here! :pandora:

sammmmorris2411
Local Performer

Snapchat-779264663.jpg

 Samantha(BEAR)

PHILADELPHIA

ANYTHING THAT HAS SOUL!! Mainly Though:

•R&B! •HIP-HOP!

•ROCK & ROLL

•REGGAE! •REGGAETON!

•DANCE CLUB!•TECHNO! 

Anything from 1980s 2 Now!

The Female Empowerment! 

NickGavras38
Opening Act

I'm a jock hahah

0 Kudos

skadoe
Local Performer

Hello my name is Heather and I have a 19 year old and a 2.5 year old! I have been with Pandora for about 5 years now, music is SO important in my life! I use a huge variety of music to interact, explain something and bond with my teenager and my little one LOVES dancing in my kitchen with me to my Pandora Thumbs Up Playlist every morning!!! 
I was born and raised in Fort Wayne Indiana but I have lived in Kokomo Indiana for the last 20+ years  my favorite music is 90s grunge and rock  right now I am listening to silence because I forgot my headphones in the living room and I am laying down in my comfy bed there’s no way I’m getting out of this bed tonight!

my favorite pandora feature is the thumbs up playlist  sometimes I draw blanks trying to decide what songs I want and I don’t want to forget an awesome song and it takes NO TIME out of your schedule to do. AND THEN you can hit shuffle and it’s like listening to the radio except EVERY SINGLE SONG IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG!

• Name?
  • Where you're from?
  • What your favorite genre of music is?
  • What you're currently listening to?
  • A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

Chan
Underground

0EFB33E4-3ED3-4690-A78C-AAE8C74E9914.jpeg

Hi Pandora Community & Moderators,

I'm Chan McQueen - huge music fan with eclectic interests.  I listen to a lot of singer-songwater, jam band, bluegrass, and music communicating raw, core human emotions, experience, and social change/advancement.  Forever favorites include The Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, the Meters, Paul Simon, Bob Marley, Leftove Salmon, Gillian Welch, Pink Floyd, Aretha Franklin, and Etta James.  Other faves include various band iterations of Jeff Tweedy, Ryan Adams, CSN&Y members, as well as Railroad Earth, Bruce Cockburn, Tyler Childers, John Prine, Thievery Corporation, The Gorilaz, Sarah McLachlan, Mazzy Star, Gaelin Lea, The Decemberists, Gary Clark Jr., The Shins & Broken Bells, Beck, Ray LaMontagne, The Be Good Tanya's, Wailin' Jennies, Neko Case, Wu Tang Clan, Manu Chou, Jack Johnson, Brandi Carlile, The Black Angels, Galactic, old school favorites and new such stylings like Caro Emerald, Earl, Good Lovlies, Imelda May, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Tape Five, and Eilen Jewel, and DJ/EDM artists like Bass Nectar, Phantogram, Zero Seven, and Massive Attack.  I have so many more favorites across these expansive genres who deserve listing, but I've already gone over my time.

I've suffered damage from a small town legal racketeering system over a handful of marijuana candies which caused me to lose everything in 5 years and two suicide attempts about which I'm writing a book about everything I learned, experienced, and suffered from destructive social division & hypocrisy as I'm laying out in my book.  I'm hoping the eventual success of the book will lead to political runs which I hope (huge hopes) lead to me affecting a movement of positive social/political change.  Songwriters, artists, and their music helps me distill my own  thoughts & feelings as well as better understand deep core experiences of others in ways I can communicate in basic, understandable lessons and values which I hope the greater public will internalize, connect all the dots, and apply integrated pressure to socially damaging groups and politicians.  Pandora helps me find new and old artists growing the soundtrack, joy, and motivation which I hope propels me toward honest, human leadership benefiting everyone.  Sound pie-in-the-sky?  All the greater drummers and leaders in history heard the same thing.  Nobody will ever reach the stars if nobody believes they can, and nobody believes others will.

What I like most about Pandora:  Building Playlists with the help of the "Listen On" feature, personalized radio stations grown from seeds of known artists, and hopefully this community will prove to be a favorite and some members will inspire ideas and motivation which help me toward my dreams.

Thank you for your time today, and possibly in the future.

T. Chandler McQueen (Dreamer, music & pie lover, and student in the School of Pandora and its millions of gurus of humanity)

Chan McQueen

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @sammmmorris2411. 👋 

Nice to see you in the community! I lived in Philadelphia during college and a couple of years after - it'll forever be one of my favorite cities. The Pandora R&B profile has a great list of stations and playlists that I choose from often because I love soulful music as well. Feel free to share your favorite station in this thread: Q: What's your go-to Pandora station?

Howdy, @skadoe. 👋 

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and for being a longtime listener of Pandora! The Thumbs Up playlist is great. Being able to hear all of your favorite tunes across various genres makes for a great listening session. Have you thought about submitting your fave songs to our collaborative playlist? Check the thread out here: Submit Your Favorites To Our Shared Playlist: Collaborative Cuts

Hey, @Chan. 👋

Welcome to the Pandora Community! We're happy that you're here. I too enjoy the likes of Etta James and Bob Marley. Based on your intro, it sounds like this thread may appeal to you: Q: What's the first album / artist that you remember truly connecting with?

Look forward to seeing more of your posts in the community space! 

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

@NickGavras38Welcome to you & all jocks, lol!  What d'you like to listen to, bruh? What about Pandora best helps you get your 'jock' on? ^_^

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Pikachulover15. 👋

We are excited to welcome you to the Pandora Community. We hope you'll find it a valuable resource and a fun place to connect with others who share your interest in music. Get started by sharing your preferences in our newest post: Q: What's your favorite musical era or decade? 🎶

itsyourgirlsadi
Local Performer

1. Name? My name is Krystal Studios

2. Where you're from? I'm currently from North America, USA

3. What your favorite genre of music is? My favorite music genres are pop, K-pop, and children's music.

4. What you're currently listening to? I'm currently listening to the Today's hit station.

5. A favorite feature of the Pandora service? The hottest hits.

Krystal Studios

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@itsyourgirlsadi Can't go wrong with the Today's Hits station.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

MotherNature
Underground

1694852038149.jpg

Name? 

Sherry. I'm also known as MotherNature on various sites.

Where you're from?

A southern suburb of Seattle, Washington.

What your favorite genre of music is?

That's like asking me which is my favorite child ;} Depending on my mood; EDM, 80's, World music ~specific Enigmatic and Celtic.

What you're currently listening to?

My 80's playlist (Don't you forget about me, by Simple minds, is on n.. ooop, just switched to Native Love by Divine)

A favorite feature of the Pandora service?

My playlists, and the For you, that comes because of them.

In fact, the reason I stumbled over here, is because I had a question about my playlists. I was wondering if there was a way of downloading or importing a txt/doc/PDF of a playlist.

If it matters, I do have a Premium subscription.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MotherNature Welcome to the Community!

While there isn't a way to download a txt/doc/PDF of a playlist, I recommend upvoting this existing Idea with a ❤️ if you'd like to see the option added to the service: Ideas: Download/Export account data: stations, thumbs, station info...

Hope this helps!

MotherNature
Underground

Done. Thank you.