cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird And True Facts.

I will try and post one weird but true fact each weekday. Perhaps on a Saturday when I have some free time, like now. 

In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself. (Source is from bu.edu website)

Apparently she never considered herself lost. 

Have a blessed weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
155 Replies

Good Thursday morning dear friend, for today's weird but true fact some of you may already know this. 

According to Real Fact #669 The Monopoly game along with it's property names are named after streets in Atlantic City N.J. 

Have a blessed day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska I didn't know that!

Also I'm not sure if I've ever finished a full game of Monopoly. When we were growing up, my siblings and I would start arguing before we ever reached the end. 😂

@AdamPandora I'm with you on that one as well. But I do remember finishing one game out of many upon many. I lost of course, but I also remember it took more than one day to complete. 

Have a great day dear friend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning dear friend, welcome to another weird but true fact. According to Real Fact #223 The Basenji dog breed is the only dog breed that does not bark. 

According to thesprucepets.com Basenjis are nicknamed the “barkless dog.” Instead of a typical canine bark, they make a yodel-like sound—among other vocalizations—due to the shape of their vocal cords. But even though they’re relatively quiet, they still require lots of exercise and mental stimulation.

Have a great day, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska Oh wow, I"ve never heard of that dog before. I had to do a Google search to see what they look like! 

Mwallspecial
Opening Act

Weird but true,

Lake michigan is slowly turning into a salt water sea.  This is due to rising  waters from the atlantic

slowly working their way into the Great lakes. This could take several decades (Coast Guard documentation #262846BF April 2017)

Good Tuesday morning dear friend, here is another weird but true fact. 

According to Real Fact #681 the Jaguar, which happens to be the largest cat in the western hemisphere once lived in the southern United States. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning dear friend, welcome to weird but true facts. 

Polar bears rely heavily on their highly developed sense of smell to hunt ringed seals. This marine mammal locates its prey from as far away as 20 miles, using its olfactory system as a guide before swooping down and scooping up unsuspecting seals. (Source comes from nathab.com/blog how-far-can-polar bears-smell)

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this fact today, @MOHLovesAlaska. Hope you're having a nice Wednesday! ☀️

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

Good Wednesday evening @AlyssaPandora my dear friend, thank you for your support. Have a great evening, take care and GOD bless.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning dear friend, and welcome to weird but true facts. 

In Namur Belgium there is a museum of strawberries. Due to its vital importance to this region it was created to explain to the public as well as to tourists how important it is to its economy. (Source comes from afar) 

mod edit: removed 3rd party link

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska One of my favorite threads next to Laugh Or Smile Of The Day.

Thanks for the fun fact today!!

Good Wednesday morning dear friend, welcome to weird but true facts. 

Did you know that Bald Eagles as well as other species of Eagles are really good swimmers? Well, according to real fact #410 the Bald Eagle, and other species of Eagles can swim using a stroke similar to that of the breast stroke. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska I had no idea! 

Thanks for sharing. 😎

@AdamPandora good Wednesday morning dear friend, when you get a chance you should check out some videos on YouTube. There are some really cool videos of Eagles swimming. 

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning dear friend, welcome to weird but true facts. 

According to Real Fact #143 "Q" is the only letter in the alphabet not appearing in the name of any U.S state. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday afternoon dear friend, and welcome to weird but true facts. Here is a little head-spinner for you.

Though Nevada is California's eastern neighbor and Los Angeles sits on the Pacific Coast, Reno is farther west than Los Angeles. Reno is located at 119°49' West, while Los Angeles is located at 118°14' West. (Source comes from www.papertrell.com). 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska That is very interesting! I've lived in both Northern and Southern California, and I've been to Reno numerous times. 

Thanks for sharing. 💡

Good Thursday morning dear friend, welcome to weird but true facts.

Did you know Competitive art was once an Olympic sport? Well according to weareteachers.com/weird-fun-facts/ From 1912 to 1948, artists could earn medals for painting, music, sculpture, and even architecture. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska That is very interesting!

I wonder why they stopped including it in the Olympics after those years. 🤔

Thanks for sharing!