cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird And True Facts.

I will try and post one weird but true fact each weekday. Perhaps on a Saturday when I have some free time, like now. 

In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself. (Source is from bu.edu website)

Apparently she never considered herself lost. 

Have a blessed weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
155 Replies

Good Thursday morning dear friend. I hope you find this weird but true fact interesting. This is about the 16th President of the United States. Abraham Lincoln. He was known for abolishing slavery in this country, he is one of four to be carved on Mt. Rushmore. He only had 18 months of formal education, he was actually self educated. And his assassin was a famous actor at that time. But here is a really cool fact:

Did you know that Abraham Lincoln was a champion wrestler and licensed bartender? 

Have a great day, take care and GOD bless.

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning dear friend. Welcome to another weird but true fact. 

The cornea of the eye is the only body part that doesn’t have a blood supply. Rather, it gets its oxygen directly from the air. (Source comes from scarymommy.com/weird-facts)

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Monday morning dear friend. Welcome to another weird but true fact. This is a fact I have found to be very interesting about Snails. I hope you find it just as interesting as I do. 

Snails have been known to sleep up to three years if the weather isn't moist enough to meet their needs. (Source comes from scarymommy.com/weird-facts)

Have a great day. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pretty interesting facts, @MOHLovesAlaska. 🐌

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

@AlyssaPandora thank you dear friend for your reply, and for your great support in this thread. 

Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Good Tuesday morning dear friend, welcome to weird but true facts. 

The hand and footprints in front of Los Angeles’s Chinese Theater tradition started accidentally when silent film actress, Norma Talmadge stepped on wet cement. (Source comes from parade.com)

Have a great day dear friend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MOHLovesAlaska Oh wow, I had no idea about that! 

@AdamPandora I was just as surprised as you probably were. Thank you dear friend for your support in this thread. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning dear friend, perhaps some of you may know this fact from watching nature shows. 

The heart of a blue whale is so big, a human can swim through the arteries. 

chrome_screenshot_1687339563193~2.png the heart of a Blue Whale (Source comes from bu.edu.com)

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning dear friend. Here is today's weird but true fact.

Did you know Strawberries can also be white or yellow, and some can even taste like pineapples! (Source comes from bu.edu.com)

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning dear friend, here is today's weird but true fact. 

According to weareteachers.com/weird-fun-facts/. There are only four words in the English language that end in dous. Horrendous, tremendous, hazardous, and stupendous.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I haven't thought about that - it seems like there would be more. I can't think of any others ending in "dous", @MOHLovesAlaska

Thanks for sharing!

@AlyssaPandora good Friday afternoon dear friend, I was thinking about looking into this fact myself. But with the very little free time I have, I think I will just sit on this project until I get some more free time to do just that. Thank you for your support in this thread. Have a wonderful weekend ahead. 

Take care my friend and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Wednesday morning dear friend. Here is today's weird but true fact.

In 2005, Mark Zuckerberg unsuccessfully tried to sell Facebook for $75 million. Back then it was called TheFacebook. How many multi millionaire's are wishing they invested in that bargain?

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning dear friend, welcome to weird but true facts. 

Bert and Ernie’s (the Sesame Street characters) names came from a Christmas movie. The Sesame Street characters were named after Bert the police officer and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s It’s a Wonderful Life (Starring Jimmy Stewart). (source comes from weareteachers.com/weird-fun-facts)

Have a great day dear friend. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cool fact! Btw - I've been watching a lot of Sesame Street lately, @MOHLovesAlaska 🤣

@AlyssaPandora lol... from now until your sweet little angel 😇 turns 10 or 11. You will know all the toon channels by heart, as well as the times they come on. 

Have a great evening dear friend. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Good Friday morning dear friend, welcome to weird but true facts. 

This weird but true fact may freak you out, but this may be a weird and true fact that is double for me as well as others who live near or in the woods. You probably eat bugs in your sleep. There’s a good chance that we will swallow 10 spiders and 70 types of insects (or more) in the course of our lifetimes. This is one of the weird fun facts we could do without. Yuck! Food for thought over the weekend. 

Have a wonderful Friday and a blessed weekend. Take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Thursday morning dear friend. Welcome to weird but true facts. 

Rats and mice are ticklish, and even laugh when tickled. If you're someone who tries to steer clear of rodents, then you probably don't know that they're ticklish—just like humans. How do scientists know that? Because of the laughter, of course. A study published in Behavioral Brain Research in 2000 found that when rats were tickled, they let out a chirping sound that was like "youthful human laughter that typically occurs during play." (Source comes from Bestoflife.com/snapple-facts/)

MOHLovesAlaska

Good Friday morning dear friend, here is today's weird but true fact. 

A jiffy is an actual time measurement equaling 1/100th of a second. When someone tells you that they will be there in a jiffy, the delay is difficult to quantify. However, according to BBC Science Focus Magazine, a jiffy is a specific measurement, even if we don't use it that way in conversation. A second could contain around three hundred thousand billion billion jiffies to a physicist who is considering "how long light takes to travel a distance of one femtometre," the magazine states. Or a jiffy might be one-fiftieth of a second, if you're going by the UK's 50Hz system. (Source comes from Bestoflife.com/snapple-facts/)

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend, take care and GOD bless. 

MOHLovesAlaska