cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Enable / Disable Live Captions

COBALTGROOVE
Local Performer

Hello,

When I opened Pandora today through Google Chrome on my laptop, I was asked if I wanted to download the Live Caption feature.  I accidently clicked "yes" and I can not figure out how to turn it off.  I've been through the Settings in my Pandora account and don't see Live Caption even listed, so I can't turn it off there.  I checked the Downloads on the my laptop and don't see anything there.  I've looked through Settings on the Google Chrome browser and am having no luck there either.  When I do a Google search on how to turn them off all I'm finding is instruction on how to do this from an Apple or Android device.

Is there someone who's had a similar problem w/ either a laptop and desktop computer?

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @COBALTGROOVE! Thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your message over to our Desktop board to help keep things organized. I found some info on live captions for Chrome on Google Chrome Help: Use Live Caption in Chrome

Hope this helps to disable the Chrome feature. 🙂

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @COBALTGROOVE! Thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your message over to our Desktop board to help keep things organized. I found some info on live captions for Chrome on Google Chrome Help: Use Live Caption in Chrome

Hope this helps to disable the Chrome feature. 🙂

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ukcatfans3802
Local Performer

I clicked on the three bars with the musical not at the top right when Pandora is playing.   After you click on this figure you will see Live Caption with blue slide button to engage/disengage the program.   Hope this helps

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the helpful tip, @ukcatfans3802. 👍

Pandora does not offer a live caption feature. You'll need to manage those settings from within your Chrome browser.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

csciarrino
Local Performer

Thanks! Simple and it solved the issue. 🙂

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all. Glad to hear those steps helped, @csciarrino! 👍

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

kcusson
Local Performer

This was driving me nuts.  Thank you so much for the tip.  Worked!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome, @kcusson. Hope you're back to enjoying the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos

CLaForce
Local Performer

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to turn the subtitles off on a desktop? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CLaForce I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Can you please send over a screenshot of the subtitles you are seeing on our website?

Additionally, what browser are you using?

Are you using a MAC or Windows computer?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

CLaForce
Local Performer

CLaForce_0-1646156972026.png

I am currently using chrome for my browser and it's my work computer which is a windows computer.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CLaForce Thanks for confirming! Looks like you're using the live caption feature so I moved your post over to this existing thread: Chrome: Enable / Disable Live Captions

Pandora does not offer a live caption feature but you can manage those settings from within your Chrome browser.

I hope this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

Beverly257
Local Performer

Thank you.  We're allowed to use Pandora at work and a co-worker started the captions on my computer. It was so aggravating.