cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Playback stops before song ends

marykay1
Local Performer

I've never had an issue with pandora since 2009, till recently.  I've also used speakers plugged into my laptop for great sound for a long time.  For  Christmas, I received new, much improved speakers "creaAtive" brand; it has great bass, loudness, etc.  however, now songs stop playing with just a minute or so left of the song--- I can't click to get song restarted, I have to go to a new song.  My hubby thought maybe the speakers are too "strong" for pandora?? but that's weird.   also I tried different things, pop blocker, etc., etc.   Today, I plugged in my old speakers to see if a song stops-----sure enough, a song quit with one minute left also!! I think it's a Pandora issue, not my speakers.   ugh I love Pandora but this is frustrating. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @bjaaybea 

Thanks for following up with that info. 

Can you confirm if you have the same experience using a different web browser, like Firefox?

In the meantime, it may be helpful to try the following troubleshooting steps for your Chrome browser:

1.  Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, Add https://www.pandora.com.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @marykay1 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear this is happening.

Could you tell me a bit more, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app?
    • If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using? To determine if it's a browser related issue, try using a different browser to see if you have the same experience.
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model?

Let me know!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bjaaybea
Underground

When playing music from playlists on my PC using Windows 10, the last few seconds of most of the selections are cut off.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bjaaybea 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble on your PC.

Could you tell me a bit more about your experience.

• Are you listening from the Pandora website or the desktop app?
  • If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
    • To determine if it's a browser related issue, try using a different browser to see if you have the same experience.

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bjaaybea
Underground
I listen to music through the Pandora app downloaded in Windows 10, using
the Chrome browser.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bjaaybea 

Thanks for following up with that info. 

Can you confirm if you have the same experience using a different web browser, like Firefox?

In the meantime, it may be helpful to try the following troubleshooting steps for your Chrome browser:

1.  Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, Add https://www.pandora.com.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bjaaybea
Underground

I will follow your suggestions - thanks for the assist.