Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Tracks Skip and Audio Stops

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (02/08/22): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for your patience while this issue was being addressed. We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

If you notice anything else, feel free to let me know. 🎧

Pandora Update (01/04/22): This thread is for both Windows 10 and MAC Pandora Desktop users experiencing tracks skipping and audio stopping during their listening sessions. Our engineering team is aware of this and I have shared all of the feedback from this thread. 

Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10:

The troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 can be found here.

If you've tried out those steps, and it didn't resolve the issue, I can share your device info with our engineers. I'll need the following:

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  8. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

++

Pandora Desktop App for MAC:

The troubleshooting steps MAC can be found here.

If you've tried out those steps, and the issue persists, I can share your device info with our engineers. I'll need the following:

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Thank you for reporting this, and for sharing the requested information. Updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. We appreciate your patience during this process.🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (02/08/22): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for your patience while this issue was being addressed. We believe this issue has now been resolved. 

If you notice anything else, feel free to let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
68 Replies

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

this just started happening with in the past week or so I'm using the desktop app for windows 10  (for the record when using Pandora in Firefox i experience no issues what so ever (however i prefer the computer app as i constantly close my browser and reopen it while preforming my work duties)

back to what happens when using the desktop app for a while it will play normally like it is supposed to and then randomly it will start to skip songs after some random seconds into a song no longer than 30 seconds after about 3 - 4 songs doing this the audio appears to be gone but the track appears to keep playing i checked the "speaker"  under sounds and it appears to not be trying to output any thing i also checked the volume mixer Pandora itself does not appear to be outputting anything on the mixer I've tried resetting via the settings menu as well as terminating and resetting terminating and repairing  as well as terminating uninstalling and reinstalling at this point i'm not sure what else to try 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @guitarsrkewl08. 👋

Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not resolve the issue. Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience. I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation.

Could you help by providing a little more info?

3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE);
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left);
  5. Windows version & build;
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

dell studio xps  7100

desktop 

wired ethernet At&t

speedtest.net results 34 ping | 31.33 mbps download | 4.64 mbps upload 

(not seeing a version number under settings in the app nor via Microsoft store i may be overlooking it not sure) 

edition: windows 10 pro 

version: 21H2

O/S Build:19044.1348

no error messages visible
i am currently using firefox with no issues the only issues seem to imitate from the desktop app only  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@guitarsrkewl08 Thank you for this info. I've created an internal ticket with our engineering team to investigate further. We appreciate your patience while this is being looked into. 🎧

guitarsrkewl08
Opening Act

just curious how long it normally takes for that part to go through since i got fairly quick response and now haven't heard anything more for a few hours now 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@guitarsrkewl08 Thanks for the follow up!

For issues reported on the Pandora Community, the moderators create internal tickets with our engineering team to investigate. I have noticed that other listeners using the Pandora Desktop for Windows 10 have experienced similar issues and have contacted our support team via email. While I do not have an ETA of a fix, I will post any updates I receive on this thread. I can also confirm that our engineering team is aware of this issue. 🎧

koho
Underground

I have the same problem but I have Acer, Windows 10, 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @koho. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same issue. Thanks for reporting your experience.

Have you tried running through the standard troubleshooting steps yet? If not, let's try some troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. This will be helpful for our engineering team.

Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10:

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

++

If the issue persists, could you tell me a bit more about how you're listening?

8. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Let me know. 🎧

imjhoskins
Underground

Using the Windows desktop app, the music keeps jumping around the song, moving forward, starting over etc. I can use the browser version with no problem so this does not seem to be a device issue but an app issue.

I have tried resetting the app and uninstalling and reinstalling. Any suggestions to fix this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @imjhoskins. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Windows Desktop App: Tracks Skip and Audio Stops

We have an open internal ticket with our engineering team for this issue. Would you mind providing your device details so that I can share this with them?

7. Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Thank you for your help with this. 🎧

imjhoskins
Underground
  1. Make and model of your device; Lenovo E580
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet? Desktop
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE); Wired and Wifi
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left); 15.0.3.0
  5. Windows version & build; Windows 10 and now upgraded to Windows 11 (same issues)
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say? No
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox? Yes, Chrome

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring? No

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@imjhoskins Thanks so much for those details. I've passed this info along to our engineering team. 

We appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

Cassybearra
Local Performer

Songs Skipping back and forth like old record

I use a desktop app on my Computer. the songs starts to play and then skips backward like it is starting over then jumps forward to try to catch up to were it is supposed to be, then skips to new song completly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my app did a complete cleaning of my computer. Restarted. and it keeps happening there is an error message that states you are working on the issue. This has been happening since yesterday morning. Is there anything else I can Do?

Thank 

fairfax
Underground

I'm having the exact same problem, win 10 Dell optiplex 3010.  Has been working fine for 2 years until this week.  I even did a factory reset, cleared all data and reinstalled windows.  My theory is that the latest windows update is causing a bug in the pandora desktop app.  I'm guessing thousands of people are having this problem.

Any suggestions on this?  If I request a song with autoplay enabled the next song will have skips in it or stop playing and go to the next song which will also have skips and may stop completely.  Stations and albums don't seem to have this problem.  Seems to be something with auto play (the crossed arrows in the bottom bar).  No problem streaming through Edge browser and things like youtube and amazon prime video work fine. Windows 10 updated about a week ago so I'm suspicious about a bug.  I've been using the desktop app since it came out (couple years?) without any problems until this week.  Here's what I've tried so far:

restarted computer, disconnected and restarted modem and router, checked internet speed, removed then reinstalled the app.  Did fresh (factory reset) Windows install with all data cleared, reinstalled app.  Also tried turning off the firewall and disconnected everything else off the network and using an ethernet cable not wireless.  None of this helped.  There's really nothing left to try so thinking it must be something to do with latest Windows 10 update.

PC Is Dell Optiplex 3010 Win 10 Pro, broadband connection via ethernet cable, windows updated 12/18/2021.  Pandora app installed 12/18/2021.

0 Kudos

koho
Underground

Can't begin to furnish all you need to know but I have Acer HDMI, Desktop;I use Windows 10 and Edge,and get no error notices about Pandoea one, which is what I have. I have been able to get Pandora One on Chrome just as it was. But, have uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora on my Windows with no improvement. 

It seems to work better on Chrome but I use Edge as browser.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fairfax I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@koho To clarify, are you running into this issue when streaming Pandora through our Windows Desktop app?

Or is the issue you describing only happening when listening on Edge?

Let me know.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cassybearra Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Cassybearra
Local Performer

I am listening on windows 10 dell pc. I listened for about twenty minutes of skipping music this morning, but the Error Message never popped up. I believe the problem is with the app as I can listen through the browser page without problem. I hope you can find out what is happening. Sorry I could not get you the message that you need to see.  

Thanks

0 Kudos