cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Audio Cuts In / Out

ernyx18
Local Performer

Hi,

Has been over a month now that I am experiencing very low-quality music on pc from Chrome Browser. it is set to the best quality, It does happen for all songs... It sounds good on my iPhone or other devices. Any Idea?

Thank you

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ernyx18. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this during your listening sessions.

Please try these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing.

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

6. Try a different browser.

Using a different browser such as Firefox may help.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ernyx18. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this during your listening sessions.

Please try these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing.

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

6. Try a different browser.

Using a different browser such as Firefox may help.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ernyx18
Local Performer

Thank you, for your reply. Seems to be better now. I cleared my cache. It is a work computer so maybe there is some Bandwidth throttling happening with malware protection or similar. Have a Great Day!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ernyx18 Thanks for the update! 

Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up. Happy listening 🎧

0 Kudos

wdkingery
Underground

Hello,

Yesterday I was listening to Pandora, I switched radio stations and the audio quality became terrible; I thought maybe it was the song I was listening to, but today I am listening to a song I've heard 100 times before on Pandora and it sounds terrible.

I am listening on a Windows computer and I've tried a variety of things, namely:

- rebooting the machine
- changing browsers
- changing headsets

I believe it's related to Pandora and not something on my end.  I checked and unchecked the "highest audio quality we offer" but it did nothing.

Does sound better on android phone app

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wdkingery. 👋

Thanks so much for posting! To keep everything tidy in the community space, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Poor Sound / Audio Quality

How are you listening to Pandora when this happens?

• Have you tried using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10? 
    • If you're interested in this option, you can find more info here.
  • Which browser(s) are you using when this issue occurs?
  • Have you received any error messages? 

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

wdkingery
Underground

I did install the Windows 10 app after i made this post but I have the problem there too.

I have tried Edge and Chrome.

No error messages.

I found it's not true on another Windows computer, just this one.  It is still true today.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wdkingery Thanks for letting me know. 

I'll be sharing this with our engineering team on your behalf.

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

wdkingery
Underground

@AlyssaPandora the issue seems to have resolved itself, though it took 17 days

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wdkingery Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

Hualiama
Local Performer

My audio when using any type of desktop pandora, this includes the web and desktop windows store app. The quality cuts in and out and it is really annoying.

Thanks

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Hualiama. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening to Pandora from your Windows computer. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Desktop: Audio Cuts In / Out

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening, and in case we need to share this info with our engineering team. I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps to see if it helps.

Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10:

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.
Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

++

For Web Browser Troubleshooting:

Another option is to try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes and whether the issue persists. 🎧

Hualiama
Local Performer

I use Firefox, and I went through the troubleshooting steps that were detailed, but none of them worked, so I tried Chrome and that worked. I plan on deleting all cookies, then resetting my computer. Thank you for linking the steps though!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @Hualiama!

Glad to hear you were able get back to listening. 🎧

0 Kudos