cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Bookmarks No Longer Available

Nocrea
Local Performer

Tried to see my bookmarked tracks today and they are not showing up. See screenshot below. Notice that it clearly says that I have 61 bookmarks, but none of them appear on the screen. My "Thumbs Up" show up just fine.

I'm on Windows 10 and I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge and it's the same on all browsers.

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-13 085216.png

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Nocrea @mcliber. 👋

Sorry for any confusion - bookmarks are no longer a feature. Going forward you'll want to use your thumbs to keep track of the songs you really enjoy. In the meantime, I've made a note of your feedback for the appropriate parties. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

mcliber
Underground

I'm having the exact same issue, I hope you find a solution soon.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Nocrea @mcliber. 👋

Sorry for any confusion - bookmarks are no longer a feature. Going forward you'll want to use your thumbs to keep track of the songs you really enjoy. In the meantime, I've made a note of your feedback for the appropriate parties. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

sbsdca
Local Performer

Can Pandora please bring this feature back? It was very useful.

Nocrea
Local Performer

So all of my bookmarks are just gone now? Like @sbsdca, I'm disappointed by the loss of this very useful feature, but it's completely unacceptable to just remove something like this without any warning.

0 Kudos

mcliber
Underground

That is disappointing, but I can live with that. Is there any way to get a copy of my list of bookmarks that I had created?

I was using bookmarks separate to my "thumbs" when I heard a song that I enjoyed, but it didn't fit into the station I was on and I needed to create a station based off of that song or a group of songs. Nothing worse then the algorithm throwing an odd ball song at you that you like but you know that it doesn't fit the mood of a station.

Secondly it was the list of music that I wanted to purchase but didn't have the spare funds or spare time to stop and purchase that tract. I would really like that list to finish out my music collection as there were some great tracts on there that are not on my thumbs list.

0 Kudos

mcliber
Underground

Also if you are going to remove a feature. Then remove the feature completely.

I primarily use the mobile app and you can still bookmark songs from the app as of today. Also as @Nocrea pointed out the end users can still get to the bookmarks tab on our profile its just blank. So you probably have a large group of users that are unaware that bookmarks are just "gone"

This is very sloppy of your development team and is only going to cause more confusion for the end users.

Chris_efta
Local Performer

I can't see my bookmarked songs on any of my devices (laptop, android phone) while logged onto my pandora account.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chris_efta I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Bookmarks No Longer Available

Bookmarks are no longer a feature. Going forward you'll want to use your thumbs to keep track of the songs you really enjoy. In the meantime, I've made a note of your feedback for the appropriate parties.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

tf75
Underground

If Bookmarks are no longer a feature, then why can I still bookmark songs on Roku, and have it show that I bookmarked a song when I view my account in a web browser on desktop?

"Going forward you'll want to use your thumbs to keep track of the songs you really enjoy"

Except Thumbs Up influences the algorithm. What if we don't want to do that, and just want to mark a song for whatever reason? Please bring Bookmarks back.

mod edit: merged comments

thevarv
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I have years of accumulated bookmarks. Can a Pandora associate provide an extract?

0 Kudos

quietkatalyst
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I have the same question as other folks.  Is there any way I can get an export of this list, or have y'all already dropped the table in the database or however you were storing it?  I would even take a direct export of the table, I don't care, it's literally YEARS of bookmarks and there's no other way of me finding it out!

0 Kudos

Sabaideebee
Local Performer

I used bookmarks to favorite songs to not feed algorithm. For instance, I create a station specifically for Jazz, a pop song appears, but I thumbs it down despite liking it, so I bookmark it. Sooo, now what do I do in this instance? 

0 Kudos

affliction_420
Local Performer

WOW. To just completely delete years and years of very specific songs that I've saved on here. Gone. This was the only place I ever went to check for old songs I use to listen to 20 years ago. Now gone!!! Can't get it back in anyway shape or form?!? Cause 20 years of memories would be very nice to have back.

0 Kudos

Soulboy
Local Performer

Yeah, I'm going to need you all to bring the bookmark feature back. Like many other have said, I also used it to keep note of a song I liked, but felt like it wasn't a fit for the station it appeared on. I didn't want to "thumbs up" because it would affect my station's algorithm. 

0 Kudos