cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Error Message Due to Pop-Up Modes

motu
Local Performer

Try switching stations.

Using windows 10, google chrome.  Can't get sub-stations (deep, discovery etc...) to appear.  I have been toggling between radio motu and now playing and usually after 10+ toggles the sub-stations would show up and then I could start the station.  Seeing as radio motu has 1000+ seeds, I don't think more music is the problem.  Other stations have the sub-stations but radio motu is the soundtrack to my life, please fix.

Perhaps, all the pop-up stations are the problem?

Update: Ok second reboot finally allowed Pandora to load radio motu with substations.  Anyway, I have been having this problem for months.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @motu. 👋

I'm sorry for any confusion. The pop-up modes are associated with the additional artists you're adding as variety. The only way to remove pop-up modes from the station is to remove the many artist seeds you've added.

For example, if you add The Lumineers station, you'll see the exclusive curated station mode. However, if you add The Lumineers as variety to your station, you'll notice the Pop-Up mode appear as well since you're seeding your station with this artist / group. I've included a screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.10.27 AM.png

After digging deeper into this, I believe that there are too many seeds associated with your station. Over 1000 is an excessive amount to add to a single station, and can lead to the issues that you've described. I would recommend starting with a fresh station with no more than 3-4 seeds, or removing some of the existing seeds you have on that station. There are alternatives that can help with creating the experience you'd like to have versus using one station, you can utilize the Shuffle feature if you're interested in having multiple genres play. 

Since pop-up modes are associated with artists, these won't be removed. If you'd like to have the option to remove pop-up station modes, feel free to create a feature request here. For more information about how requests work on the community, please check out: Feature Request Policy & FAQs

I know this has been frustrating, and I appreciate your patience with me throughout our correspondence.
Unfortunately, we've exhausted all of our known solutions and reported this already, so there's nothing more I can recommend.

We appreciate your understanding. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@motu I've created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@motu I wanted to follow up with you on this.

To clarify, can you try toggling your station to My Station Mode and let me know if you continue to experience issues with this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

No, I cannot use My Station because the pop-up stations are preventing the sub-station menu from appearing.  Now Playing is the larger album icon without substations.  All my other stations have sub-menus, just radio motu w/ 6 pop-up stations has trouble loading the sub-stations.  I open Pandora, radio motu is what I listen to almost exclusively, and I get the "W'ere sorry" message in large icon Now Playing, so I click radio motu, it loads with the pop-up stations, than instantly refreshes to no pop-up stations in radio motu, toggle back to Now Playing, large icon, no sub-stations.  Toggle ten times, sometimes less, more often more and finally the pop-ups will appear in radio motu or the sub-station menu will appear in Now Playing.

0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

Yes, I continue to experience issues with this.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply, @motu. Please try signing out of your account from your web browser and then try signing back this. This should help clear the cache.

Let us know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

It worked the first time.  But the computer had been on for over 24 hours so I logged out of Pandora, restarted and signed back in, no problems.  The last 7 or 8 time I logged in/out, same problem but now it seems I cant get the pop-ups/sub-stations to appear before 25+ toggles between radio motu and now playing.  Please note, this is happening on two computers that are shut down almost every single day.  This is getting very tedious for a service I am paying for.

Please remove or re-locate the pop-up stations in radio motu.  That is the problem.  No other station has this issue.  Just the station with 1000s of seeds and six pop up stations that will not play until the pop up stations are loaded.

0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

8/26 It only took 62 clicks to get radio motu to show pop up stations  and be able to play the station this morning

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @motu.

I've passed this additional feedback along to our engineering team. We appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

8/29 yeah! It only took twelve clicks to get radio motu to play

0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

Over fifty clicks, still can't get the pop-ups to show up so I can play my station.  Log out, log in, 50+ clicks still no pop-ups.  Log out, reboot computer, log in, still cannot load station.  I am paying Pandora for music not a clickie game.  Pandora please fix my station.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @motu. 👋

While looking at your station, it does appear that you've added an excessive amount of seeds to that one station. Adding variety to a station doesn't narrow the song pool that Pandora chooses from, nor does it increase your chances of hearing a particular song or artist. Rather, it opens up your station to a lot of variety, which can make for some undesirable matches and can cause issues with the station.

In the meantime, I would suggest editing this station to remove some of those extra seeds to see if that helps with the error message you're seeing. As a general rule, stations seem to work best with no more than 3-4 seeds added.

++

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any additional information or a timeline as to when you can expect to see this resolved.

However, the info you've provided is helpful and I've made sure to pass it along. I've also made a note regarding your experience.

Thanks very much for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

The seeds are not the problem.  The pop-up stations are the problem.  I would love to remove the pop-up stations but I cannot do that.   Pandora, you can fix my station by removing the pop-up stations, or move them to a different station on my account.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @motu. 👋

I'm sorry for any confusion. The pop-up modes are associated with the additional artists you're adding as variety. The only way to remove pop-up modes from the station is to remove the many artist seeds you've added.

For example, if you add The Lumineers station, you'll see the exclusive curated station mode. However, if you add The Lumineers as variety to your station, you'll notice the Pop-Up mode appear as well since you're seeding your station with this artist / group. I've included a screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.10.27 AM.png

After digging deeper into this, I believe that there are too many seeds associated with your station. Over 1000 is an excessive amount to add to a single station, and can lead to the issues that you've described. I would recommend starting with a fresh station with no more than 3-4 seeds, or removing some of the existing seeds you have on that station. There are alternatives that can help with creating the experience you'd like to have versus using one station, you can utilize the Shuffle feature if you're interested in having multiple genres play. 

Since pop-up modes are associated with artists, these won't be removed. If you'd like to have the option to remove pop-up station modes, feel free to create a feature request here. For more information about how requests work on the community, please check out: Feature Request Policy & FAQs

I know this has been frustrating, and I appreciate your patience with me throughout our correspondence.
Unfortunately, we've exhausted all of our known solutions and reported this already, so there's nothing more I can recommend.

We appreciate your understanding. 🎧

0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

The problem is the Pop-up stations

"No, I cannot use My Station because the pop-up stations are preventing the sub-station menu from appearing.  Now Playing is the larger album icon without substations.  All my other stations have sub-menus, just radio motu w/ 6 pop-up stations has trouble loading the sub-stations.  I open Pandora, radio motu is what I listen to almost exclusively, and I get the "W'ere sorry" message in large icon Now Playing, so I click radio motu, it loads with the pop-up stations, than instantly refreshes to no pop-up stations in radio motu, toggle back to Now Playing, large icon, no sub-stations.  Toggle ten times, sometimes less, more often more and finally the pop-ups will appear in radio motu or the sub-station menu will appear in Now Playing."

Getting sick and tired of playing clickie games for my music, Pandora please fix this

0 Kudos

motu
Local Performer

How much would it cost get the Pop-Up stations, that are ruining my radio motu, removed from that station?  I will pay more money just to get this problem resolved.

This post has been very incorrectly labeled as solved.  

0 Kudos