cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: No Sound

FunfinderX
Local Performer

Hi there,

Looking for someone that would know how to swap my input plug (microphone)

To output (speakers)

I had a guy do this once for me, but darn it! When I backed up my PC it changed it back to normal settings ahhhhh so frustrating!

He did it remotely and was easy to do. But me I tried for hours no clue tried all I can think of 😞

Now lost contact with the guy who done it for me 😞

Please help = No sound **ahem**!

Thank you, Windows 10 AMD Athlon 64 bit Hyper X

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@FunfinderX  good afternoon, I'm sorry you are having sound issues. I will explain this in the easiest way I can. 

• At the bottom right of your screen locate your speaker icon. Once you have right-clicked on your speaker then select "SOUNDS" 
  • A small white box will appear, at the top of that box click on playback. You will see a speaker appear, next to the speaker you will see "Speaker//Headphones" right-click and then choose the default option. You should then see a green circle with a white arrow. 
  • In the same white box at the top select recording, when you see the microphone icon right-click on it then select the default option.
  • At the bottom of that, you will see properties, click on properties. You will see a tab that says listen, click on that tab. 
  • You will then see a small white box, next to that box you will see "Listen To This Device" click on the small white box. 
  • Then at the very bottom click O.K. 

I hope these instructions help you. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

View solution in original post

40 Replies

@FunfinderX  good afternoon, I'm sorry you are having sound issues. I will explain this in the easiest way I can. 

• At the bottom right of your screen locate your speaker icon. Once you have right-clicked on your speaker then select "SOUNDS" 
  • A small white box will appear, at the top of that box click on playback. You will see a speaker appear, next to the speaker you will see "Speaker//Headphones" right-click and then choose the default option. You should then see a green circle with a white arrow. 
  • In the same white box at the top select recording, when you see the microphone icon right-click on it then select the default option.
  • At the bottom of that, you will see properties, click on properties. You will see a tab that says listen, click on that tab. 
  • You will then see a small white box, next to that box you will see "Listen To This Device" click on the small white box. 
  • Then at the very bottom click O.K. 

I hope these instructions help you. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

dbgroof
Local Performer

I'm not finding the Chrome app or sound and device properties Windows 10 .  SOS  It was working find last time I played Pandora on my laptop yesterday no sound.  If I use internet explorer it works.  I have sound for sirrus and you tube etc on chrome just not pandora

0 Kudos

FunfinderX
Local Performer

Hi I've tried that so many times and no results 😞

Now I think I made it worse 😞

Is there any chance that you would want to and have the time to remotely try, using teamviewer?

I really can't go one without sound AAAHHHHHHH it's been months now of hours and hours of trying everything i can think of and googling!

Thank you, happy Saturday

If you will do it, just give me a day and time

Claude

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @FunfinderX. 👋

Sorry to hear this is happening. I'll share a few tips in case you haven't tried this yet.

In addition to @MOHLovesAlaska's suggestions, here are a few more things to check:

• Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.
  • If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners. This is also something you can Google for your specific device.
  • If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

I found this help page that may also be helpful for your sound settings here.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction. Feel free to keep us updated! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dbgroof. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

I would recommend checking this post about sound settings on Windows 10 devices here.

• Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.
  • If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.
  • If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

++

Sounds like you're also using Google Chrome as a web browser, you may find these steps helpful to troubleshoot your specific browser: Chrome Troubleshooting

Hope this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

@FunfinderX I'm sorry you are finding it difficult to get your sound back. I do not at all feel comfortable going on your (or anyone else computer) remotely, if I were there or you were here that would be different. I can give you or perhaps I should say, I can point you in another direction. Youtube has many upon many troubleshooting tutorials with how to fix computer problems, from the most basic of all to the most complex problems. You can stop and pause each step as you follow the instructions. I have helped many people in that direction. They have found the instructions to even being easier than the instructions I had given. Just go to youtube and in the search bar type the same as you did here. If you do not have any success on youtube, you can also go to your computer manufacturer's website and follow the troubleshooting steps they have for sound issues and problems, you may even be able to download a pdf file for your sound issues, I know they can be very helpful as well. I hope you find your solution to your sound problem. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

DEAloise
Local Performer

Thank you so very much 🙏💓

@DEAloise I'm very happy you were able to get your problem fixed. Have a great day and a great week. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

josinino
Local Performer

This helped so much!  Thank you!

JN

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear @MOHLovesAlaska's steps helped out with your issue.

Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up. Enjoy the tunes! 🎵

wiseman_dw
Underground
Im not very good on computers except for playing cards or jigsaws or solitare cant you fix it?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @wiseman_dw. 👋

Are you having trouble with the sound on your Windows computer? Or, are you using a different device?

Let me know.

wiseman_dw
Underground
Windows I think I had to get a new power cord that’s when everything worked but the sound
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @wiseman_dw

I would recommend checking this post about sound settings on Windows 10 devices here.

• If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.

Another option is to check to see if your sound works on another website like Youtube. This will let you know if it's your computer or if you're having trouble with the website.

Hope this helps. 🎧

wiseman_dw
Underground
windows

0 Kudos

wiseman_dw
Underground
Ill have my grandson do that when he has some time ty it maybe this weekend ill get back with you after hes here tyvm

wiseman_dw
Underground

my grandson couldnt fix the sound and the computer store couldnt either

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wiseman_dw I'm sorry to hear that.

Does the sound work for your computer? For instance, if you visit a website like YouTube? Are you able to listen to any sound at all?

bazingahuya
Local Performer

cannot hear Pandora this week? no issues with my computer's volume until I log into Pandora????

0 Kudos