cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Pandora Won't Play on Speakers

KJaffee
Local Performer

Did something change with Pandora overnight? We stream music from Pandora on our laptop and cell phones and today when connecting it looks like Pandora is playing but there is no sound on the spreaker. I can get it to play on my laptop but it wont connect to the speaker.

Thanks,

Kathy

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @KJaffee. 👋

Thanks for posting about Pandora on your devices.

Sounds like the trouble is with the connection to your speaker. You mentioned Pandora streams when you play it from your laptop. 

Could you share a bit more about your set up and experience?

• Does the Pandora app work on your cellphone when you're not connected to the speaker?
  • What kind of speaker are you using? If possible, what is the make and model?
  • Is it hardwired or Bluetooth?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

tcarabellese
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same thing... Suddenly, whenever I get an audible notification (or something else sends a sound to the speakers, Pandora needs to be closed , then restarted to get it to come through the desktop speakers.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @tcarabellese. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience as well. How are you listening to Pandora when this happens?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

boyertaylor
Local Performer

I am having a similar issue.  Have been a Pandora subscriber for years with no issues.  Pandora plays like normal on my Samsung cell phone both on the app and also in desktop mode.  But on my Dell Laptop recently Panora will come up on my screen on both the Windows app and directly on my browser at pandora.com, but I cannot get anything to play even though I am logged in.  I even go to my account setting on the Dell and when I try to click on "Subscription" the cursor icon just spins.  Sounds like may Dell may be blocking Panda somehow on some level. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@boyertaylor To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other websites such as YouTube on your laptop?

If not, please try launching YouTube and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos