cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Return of the Original Desktop Player

Ollie
Local Performer

Good morning, because there are many of us who have expressed a return of the desktop player I wanted to ask everyone a question.  If it was available as an option for a small added fee would  any of you opt to take advantage of that?  I would because the player was the way I found new music and new artists.  I never open the page that is available now.  I always just go to Pandora on my iPhone and go to my collection.  I never usually explore unless there is an artist I have heard on Instagram.  Lets start a discussion on this if any or would opt to pay more to have the desktop player.  I have decided that I would, but not more than $5.  Thanks, Ollie

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Ollie. 👋

Thanks for getting the conversation kicked off, and for your feedback.

It sounds like you're referring to the Pandora One Desktop application that was available in the past. We no longer support that compact desktop player. However, we now have a Pandora Desktop app for MAC and Windows computers.

In the meantime, you may be interested in upvoting this existing idea: Desktop Compact Player Option

To upvote an idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request to express your interested in seeing that option implemented.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Ollie. 👋

Thanks for getting the conversation kicked off, and for your feedback.

It sounds like you're referring to the Pandora One Desktop application that was available in the past. We no longer support that compact desktop player. However, we now have a Pandora Desktop app for MAC and Windows computers.

In the meantime, you may be interested in upvoting this existing idea: Desktop Compact Player Option

To upvote an idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request to express your interested in seeing that option implemented.

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Deffect
Local Performer

What happened to the old Pandora one desktop app? This new one that you have to download from the window store S U C K S. The whole point of a desktop app was to use less memory then having it play in your web browser. All this new app is, is a smaller web browser window that still takes 200+ mb . Thank god I was able to find my old desk stop app that only takes 53mb. This is new update is dumb, bring back the old player!  

Deffect_0-1672452890742.png

sffone
Underground

I agree totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gorgok
Local Performer

Had a little snafu the other day and after a bunch of attempts i relented and reinstalled windows keeping the old files. Fixed the snafu, i have sound again, but i lost my old Pandora One app, the one that was built on Adobe Air. I know there is the win store version but its huge (for no reason) and blue... So far i haven't managed to find it on the internet anymore. Anyone got a link to the good old stuff?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Gorgok. 👋

Thanks for your message about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Return of the Original Desktop Player

I understand how loved the compact desktop player was but it's no longer available. Feel free to check out the accepted solution if you're interested in installing our newer desktop app.

We appreciate your feedback around this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Gorgok
Local Performer

Found an old install on a old computer of mine, copied the entire folder as is and it just works. Gonna have to store the whole thing on google drive or something to future proof this same thing ever happening again. Probably need to put adobe air install with it just in case that also becomes impossible to find.