cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Shuffle + Thumb Issues when Using Different Computers

barleyguy
Underground

Hi. This is a bug report. I can't see how it could be anything I'm doing...

I use Pandora on two Windows computers and an Android tablet regularly, generally every day. When I edit the shuffle selections on one computer, the other computer will play that mix, but the edit shuffle will show the previous selections. To make the playback mix what it shows, I have to unselect and reselect stations I want in the mix.

Also, when I do thumbs up on one computer, the other computer will play that song in the future, but it won't have the white thumbs up symbol highlighted.

I'm guessing this is a caching issue, where some information is being cached on the local computer and the cache not being updated if a change is made on the other computer.

This is a fairly minor issue, but it's a bit of a nuisance.

Thanks,

Harley.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @barleyguy. I will share your feedback with our engineering team. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @barleyguy. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

It does sound like a caching issue where computer 2 isn't being updated after the changes are made on computer 1.

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening when this happens?

• Which web browser(s) are you using on each computer?
  • Are you listening on both computers at the same exact time? 
  • Have you tried refreshing the browser on computer 2 after making the shuffle changes on computer 1?
  • Do any error messages pop up?

Also, are you having issues with your shuffle / thumbs on your Android device? Or, is everything reflected when you make changes?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

barleyguy
Underground

Hi. I'm using Chrome on both computers. Probably the latest version or one back. I never run them at the exact same time. I'd be able to hear them both as they're in the same house.

I haven't tried clearing the cache or anything like that. I do always close the browser between sessions. I suspect clearing cache might be a temporary fix but might make diagnosis more difficult.

There are no error messages. As far as I can tell it's probably a UI layer problem and the playback is working fine otherwise.

I'm not sure about Android. On Android I usually press play and then turn the screen off.

I may be able to experiment some more this weekend.

Thanks,

Harley.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @barleyguy. I will share your feedback with our engineering team. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

barleyguy
Underground

Hi. I'll mark your answer as a solution, as I hope this will become some sort of story for the development team. Thanks for your help. 🙂