cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Windows App: Unable to use thumbs up or down

mccomments
Underground

On the playlist I use frequently, for some tracks I can't use thumbs-up or thumbs-down. For most other tracks, thumbs work fine. I'm using the desktop Windows10 app (client?). What's going on?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
30 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mccomments Can you please send me a screenshot of what your'e seeing where the option to give thumb ratings do not show?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

Attached is a video showing my attempt to thumbs-down a song. It's not working and there is no error message. That didn't work! Here's the URL:

https://www.mychirowalkin.com/pandorathumbsnotworkingvideo

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that, @mccomments.

1. To clarify, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

"I'm using the desktop Windows10 app (client?)"

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mccomments I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps:

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

I can't open the Help menu. Every time I try, a browser page opens stating:

Whoops! You weren't supposed to end up here.

Use this link to head back to Pandora Help

So, I will try uninstalling and reinstalling (unless I hear otherwise from you in the next 30 minutes).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mccomments Yes, please try uninstalling/reinstalling the app for now.

To uninstall and reinstall the app:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu.
  2. Right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall.
  3. Select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall again.
  4. Search for Pandora in the Windows Store on your device.
  5. Click Get to re-install the app.

Please note: downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than the credentials on your Pandora account.

Let me know how it goes.
0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

That did not resolve it.  I still can't "thumbs down" any tracks today.  FYI, this is after uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop client/app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mccomments Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not resolve the issue.

I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Mode: Desktop or Tablet?
  3. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  4. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  5. Windows version & build:
  6. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  7. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

FYI, today, tried testing the thumbs-down (on a song I liked, figuring it would NOT work), and it DID allow me to thumbs-down... but then it wouldn't allow me to "correct" that with a thumbs-up or even just removing the thumbs-down (I did go into the station properties in Chrome and remove that thumbs-down).

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

1.  Dell Optiplex 780

2.  Desktop

3.  Network cable

4.  Version 0.0.0

5.  Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.2364

6.  There have never been any error messages.

7.  Yes, I can stream Pandora normally in Chrome.

Preview Build?  I have no idea what that is, sorry.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

Also, just FYI, in case you were wondering, the "Help" link still leads to:

Whoops! You weren't supposed to end up here.

Use this link to head back to Pandora Help

Here's what was in that browser:

https://help.pandora.com/s/login/?language=en_US&ec=302&inst=8Z&startURL=%2Fcustomer%2Fportal%2Farti...

++

My reply keeps disappearing from this thread, so here it is again:

1. Dell Optiplex 780
  2. Desktop
  3. Network cable
  4. Version 0.0.0
  5. Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.2364
  6. There have never been any error messages.
  7. Yes, I can stream Pandora normally in Chrome.

Preview Build?  I have no idea what that is, sorry.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mccomments I do not believe you have the correct Pandora app installed on your computer.

You can find the Pandora app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click Get to install.

Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.

Note: At minimum, you'll need Windows 10 to use this app, but we recommend updating your system to the latest Windows version available to you. You can find more information on how to do this here.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

OK, did that, however, the MS Store was just slightly different than what you described (search box was top center, and "Install" was the button option rather than "Get."  I installed the app and the Version is still "0.0.0"  

I'll try it over the next few days to see if the thumbs work.  FYI, the "Help" link in Settings still opens a page stating "Whoops! You weren't supposed to end up here."

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @mccomments.

As long as you are installing the app from the Windows Store, it should be the correct one.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

Thumbs up & down not working.  I made a 38 second video showing how neither work, and in that video you can also see that clicking the track's downward arrow head reveals no track info whatsoever.  Here's a link to see that:

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mccomments It looks like you still do not have the correct app installed.

Can you try installing the supported desktop app from here?

Let me know if you continue to experience issues after installing this version.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

Thank you for the help.  I downloaded from your link... which asked me to open/download from the Store.  I deleted the app and then installed from your link.  I'll let you know later if it's working correctly, but just FYI, the Version is still "0.0.0" and here's a screenshot so you can see what I'm referring to.

0 Kudos

mccomments
Underground

Same problem, no change at all yet.  Here's a current brief video example: