cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Disable Next Song Notification

shawneee
Local Performer

Every time a new song starts a small window pops up in the upper left hand of my screen showing the song's title/artist.  I would also like to know how to disable this.

Am using a laptop using Window, Chrome & Pandora website.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @shawneee!

Based on your message, it sounds like you're using the desktop app on your computer.

If you prefer not to receive notifications on your desktop you can use the following steps to turn off this setting.

If you're using a Windows computer:

1. Open the Windows Settings.
  2. Next select System and then Notifications & actions.
  3. Find Pandora. Some users may need to scroll down to Get notifications from these senders.
  4. Switch setting to Off.

If you're using a Mac computer:

1. Go to System Preferences.
  2. Then select Notifications.
  3. Find Pandora.
  4. Set Pandora alert style to None.

Let me know if this helps! 🖥

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

25 Replies

suitcase
Underground

Recently started useing Pandora App on my laptop (Win 10) - and every time a song changes I get an obnoxious, distrating, pop-up in the lower-right hand corner of my screen. How do I turn this off?

I've tried Settings --> Notifications, but there doesn't seem to be a setting to shut this "feature" off.

Details:

I have a Pandora Plus subscription
Dell Inspirion 7586

Thanks in advance

suitcase
Underground

Answered my own question. Here's how to turn off the notifications on a Win 10 Home machine:

Windows Symbol --> Settings (Looks like a gear) --> System --> Notifications & actions --> Scroll down until you find the Pandora logo ---> Change the switch from "on" to "off".

Easy-peasy.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for your post! @suitcase 

Glad to hear that you were able to sort this out with the notifications.

Sounds like you're all set now.

Hope to see you around the community more often. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

MichelleM
Underground
Thank you so much!!! This was driving me crazy especially since there was no way to dismiss them individually, just had to wait the ~5 seconds until they were gone. Seemed to always happen when I needed that part of the screen, too 🙂

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @shawneee!

Based on your message, it sounds like you're using the desktop app on your computer.

If you prefer not to receive notifications on your desktop you can use the following steps to turn off this setting.

3. Find Pandora. Some users may need to scroll down to Get notifications from these senders.

3. Find Pandora.

Let me know if this helps! 🖥

TomB
Local Performer

how do you do this on a mac desktop?

0 Kudos

TomB
Local Performer

wait, i think i got it. thanks...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @TomB!

3. Find Pandora.

Let me know if this helps!  🖥

0 Kudos

sdcs
Local Performer

Way to bury this setting Pandora...

0 Kudos

DaBusch60
Local Performer

It would be helpful to clarify "Settings" as in windows settings not Pandora settings.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @DaBusch60

I adjusted my original post to clarify. 

Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up! 

0 Kudos

jerry2
Local Performer

Pandora is not listed in the Notifications & Actions list under settings.  I have completely turned off "Get notifications from apps and other senders"; and I am still getting the next song popping up on top of my desk top.  Now what? This is new a new "feature" and very infuriating. Why isn't there a setting in the Pandora app itself?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jerry2. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. It sounds like you've already tried out the steps from this helpful article here.

Are you using a Windows or MAC computer?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

irish9293
Local Performer

I have the same problem.  Not using the app -- using Firefox.  Can't find a way to turn this off.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @irish9293. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

I'd like to take a look at exactly what you're seeing. Could you please send me a screenshot?

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

++

If you have a Mac:

• Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol).
  • Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.

Then, you can send it in your next post on this thread. Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos

Ozztick
Local Performer

I don't have a listing for Pandora in the Notifications & Action section.

This does not exists.  What's next to try?

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Ozztick. 👋

To turn off the notifications, you can use the following steps from your computer settings.

3. Find Pandora.

++

If you're not seeing the Notifications & Actions setting, could you share a screenshot of what you see?

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here. You can post the screenshot in your next reply. 🎧

0 Kudos

sail42day
Local Performer

There is no Pandora logo or any other logo in Notification & Actions. I have an account with Pandora.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @sail42day. 👋

Sounds like you're having trouble adjusting the notification settings while using the Pandora Desktop app. The steps to disable the next song notification can be found here.

• Are you using the Pandora Desktop app for Windows 10 or MAC computers?
  • Would you mind sending over a screenshot of what you see when you attempt to adjust this setting?

++

For Windows:

• Please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

If you have a MAC:

• Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.
  • Attach that file in your next post.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos