cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox: Music Stops / Doesn't Play

Baltimoron917
Local Performer

The music stops after 12-15 minutes. The account remains open, and is paid for.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Baltimoron917. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your tunes stopping. I'd like to gather more information about how you're listening so that I can help out.

• Have you received any error messages when the music stops playing during your listening sessions?
  • Are you using a Windows or MAC computer?
  • Web browser or the Pandora Desktop app?
    • If you're using a web browser, could you share which one?
    • Does this happen when you switch tabs?

Let me know, and I can follow up with troubleshooting steps. 🖥

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Baltimoron917
Local Performer

Good Evening Alyssa. 

I do not receive any error messages at all.

I am on a Mac Desktop (less than 1 year old). Running mac OS Catalina,Version 10.15.3

Using Firefox as the web browser, using the Pandora Desktop App.

I do not switch tabs when running Pandora. Usually during cooking, having company,relaxing.

Please let me know.

Thank You, Marshall

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Baltimoron917 Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like you may be using the Firefox web browser and the Desktop App to stream Pandora. I've included troubleshooting steps for both. 

Firefox Troubleshooting:

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome, which you can download here.

If you prefer Firefox as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:

1. Update Firefox here
2. Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:

• Click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your browser's toolbar.
  • Select Library, then History and click Clear Recent History.
  • Make sure Time range to clear: is set to Everything.
  • Confirm the boxes for Cookies and Cache are marked.
  • Click Clear now.
  • Restart the browser and go back to Pandora.com.

3. Make sure you are accepting cookies from Pandora:

• Again, click on the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) and select Preferences (If you're on Windows, select Options).
  • Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left.
  • Go to Cookies and Site Data.
  • Click Manage Permissions...
  • Enter "pandora.com" in the Address of website field and click Allow. Then click Save Changes on that menu.

4. Make sure you are allowing Pandora to automatically play sound:

• Click the "i" icon to the left of the address bar while visiting the pandora.com web page.
  • In the Permissions section, confirm the Autoplay setting is set to Allow Audio and Video.
  • If not, click on the dropdown arrows to select that option.

5.  Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.

6. Install the latest version of the Flash player here. 

7. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

8. Finally, if the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and returning to pandora.com

++

Pandora Desktop App for MAC Computers:

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

If that doesn't correct the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Again, we'll keep track of your collection for you. To do that:

• Close the Pandora app.
  • Open a new Finder window.
  • Click on Applications.
  • Find the Pandora app and drag it to the Trash bin.
  • Right click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.

You can then use the following steps to reinstall the app:

• Install the Pandora desktop app from our website.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Let me know if this helps! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Baltimoron917
Local Performer

Good Evening Alyssa. I have not forgotten your response, troubleshooting tips.

I am running Firefox Version 83.0, on an i/Mac  Catalina Version 10.15.7.

The music still stops after a period of time. I have to press play a second time.

I have, however run Pandora on Google Chrome, with no interruptions.

let me know what you think.

Regards, Marshall

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Baltimoron917 This issue sounds specific to Firefox if you are able to successfully stream Pandora via Google Chrome.

If the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided did not solve this for you, then I recommend continuing to stream Pandora through Google Chrome.

If you run into any issues using that browser, please follow up and let us know.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Baltimoron917
Local Performer

Thank You for the response. I will continue to try to resolve the Firefox dilemma thru Alyysa's tips. Not sure what the problem is with Firefox.   I will continue using Chrome for the interim.

Thank You, and have a great Thanksgiving

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help. 😁

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos

cstiles
Local Performer

No error messages. We just recently paid for Prime. Mac desktop

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cstiles To clarify, does this happen when listening to one of your collected stations?

Or does the music stop after you search for a song, and then click play on that specific song?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

alex_platt
Local Performer

Hi All, I'm having the same issues in multiple web browsers and computers.. I'm a pandora plus user, and  I have a 1 month old lenovo with windows 10, using chrome and music stops playing after 10 mins or so.. You can still see the play progress bar going but no sound.. I also have a Mac Pro latest gen, which I also use pandora on google chrome, with the same symptoms.. some times after a long period of silence another 10+ minutes the sound comes back.. and in all instances if I refresh the browser the sounds gets restored for at least a song or two (another 10 mins).  I have cleared the browsers data, cookies, local storage, stored service workers, made sure other devices don't have pandora opened.. (by now you are probably guessing right, I'm a developer).. but yet, I don't know whats going on here. I've never had this issue and is been weeks like this now in all devices.

0 Kudos

alex_platt
Local Performer

Hi All, I'm having the same issues in multiple web browsers and computers.. I'm a pandora plus user, and  I have a 1 month old lenovo with windows 10, using chrome and music stops playing after 10 mins or so.. You can still see the play progress bar going but no sound.. I also have a Mac Pro latest gen, which I also use pandora on google chrome, with the same symptoms.. some times after a long period of silence another 10+ minutes the sound comes back.. and in all instances if I refresh the browser the sounds gets restored for at least a song or two (another 10 mins).  I have cleared the browsers data, cookies, local storage, stored service workers, made sure other devices don't have pandora opened.. (by now you are probably guessing right, I'm a developer).. but yet, I don't know whats going on here. I've never had this issue and is been weeks like this now in all devices.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @alex_platt. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

Do this issue only occur with Google Chrome? Have you tried using any other browser? 

Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

Since this is happening across more than one device, I would recommend trying some device network troubleshooting steps. It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

If you haven't already, I would recommend rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

MatthewFordKern
Local Performer

Pandora now seems to not play in FireFox.  It does not start.  It does not play when manually started.  I have waited many minutes and it just does not play.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MatthewFordKern. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Firefox: Music Stops / Doesn't Play

First, I would recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps for Firefox in my post here.

++

If you continue to have trouble, could you share a bit more?

Do you receive any error messages when this happens? If so, what exactly does it say?

Have you tried using an alternate browser or the desktop app? Do you experience the same issue?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos