cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Desktop App: "Something Has Gone Wrong" Error

briansexton75
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue with the Pandora app on my MacBook. Please help!! Nothing I've done helps. I've been through the troubleshooting steps, but nothing.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Joe_Tropic. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this error message. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

++

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

If that doesn't correct the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Again, we'll keep track of your collection for you. To do that:

1. Close the Pandora app.
  2. Open a new Finder window.
  3. Click on Applications.
  4. Find the Pandora app and drag it to the Trash bin.
  5. Right click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.

You can then use the following steps to reinstall the app:

• Install the Pandora desktop app from our website.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

*Minimum System Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

24 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @briansexton75. 👋

Thanks for running through the troubleshooting steps. I'm sorry to hear that they didn't help with your issue. I can report your specific experience over to engineering for further review.

Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Apple MacBook
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  7. Does this happen with stations or playlists (or both) when using the desktop app? 

Let me know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

briansexton75
Local Performer
  1. Apple MacBook: Apple MacBook Pro 2017
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN): Wi-Fi, very strong signal
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora: Version 2.6.0 (131)
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac: Version 10.15.4
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say? "Something Went Wrong" on a blank blue screen
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox? Yes
  7. Does this happen with stations or playlists (or both) when using the desktop app? It's stuck on this blue screen everytime I open the app. I've deleted the app and re-installed also. No changes, still getting error.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for getting back to me with those details, @briansexton75. Very helpful.

Also, are you using a work computer when this happens?

++

I actually created a separate community thread for your specific issue. Those who commented on the other thread were using web browsers.  In the meantime, I've shared all of the information you've provided with our engineering team. A ticket has been created and they are investigating this. 

Appreciate your patience while they look into this! 🎧

0 Kudos

briansexton75
Local Performer

Thank you. I'm using my personal MacBook. Can you give me a link to the new thread?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming. I will add this info to the ticket.

This is the new thread (the one you're posting in): "Something Has Gone Wrong" on MAC Desktop App 

The original thread is now titled: "Something Has Gone Wrong" on Web Browser 

This will help other users differentiate which thread to post in, if they experience this error message on the desktop app on a MAC computer.

Thanks again for reporting this! 👍

0 Kudos

susanw2
Local Performer

Hi,

When I open the pandora desktop app it loads the blue screen and says: "Something went wrong. Try refreshing the page and if the problem continues, please come back and try again later."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app from Pandora's website twice. Still get the same message.

Setup: Mac Mini running OS Catalina 10.15.7.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @susanw2. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also running into this error message. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Something Has Gone Wrong" on MAC Desktop App 

Could you share a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing?

To take a screenshot:

1. Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.
  2. Attach that file in your next response.

++

Also, please provide the following details so that I can update the internal ticket we have open for this issue.

1. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  2. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  3. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  4. Are there any other error messages? If so, what do they say?
  5. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?
  6. Are you using a VPN?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

susanw2
Local Performer

Hi @AlyssaPandora thanks for your help!

Answers:

1. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN); Wi-Fi
  2. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora); Version 15.0.3 (15.0.3)
  3. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac); OS Catalina 10.15.7
  4. Are there any other error messages? If so, what do they say? No other messages, says the same thing each time I try to open it.
  5. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox? Yes
  6. Are you using a VPN? No

Screenshot attached

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 4.21.18 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@susanw2 Thanks for sending that over.

I have added your information to the ticket we currently have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Keep an eye on this thread as we will be providing you with updates as we receive them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

Joe_Tropic
Local Performer

@AdamPandora  & @AlyssaPandora    

Almost a year you have not updated any resolution regarding this matter, you had me pay for a subscription that I cannot enjoy. This is a Joke , I need you to refund my money, totally absurd. 

At least you could have posted something like: "Working on it" or when are you expect this to be solved. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Joe_Tropic. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this error message. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

++

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

If that doesn't correct the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Again, we'll keep track of your collection for you. To do that:

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Joe_Tropic
Local Performer

By doing this " Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data. " 

The whole app launched perfectly , thanks for the support ! Have wonderful life 🙂

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Joe_Tropic Thanks for letting me know. Glad to hear that you're back to listening without any issues.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing those details, @RK1. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized:  "Something Has Gone Wrong" on MAC Desktop App

++

I have enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to escalate this to our engineering team.

I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps from the accepted solution here.

You can also find the steps in this article: Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting for MAC

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

csf333
Underground

unfortunately your engineering team is wrong. altho i can shuffle all my collected songs, there are still a few issues that need to be addressed. they are as follows;

1. whenever i click on "shuffle all songs" the "something has gone wrong. we're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon" message is still showing up

2. song begins about a minute after clicking "shuffle all songs." it really should not take so long. i don't have this issue when shuffling all stations. problem is wonky coding. plz do better

3. after song begins playing, there is a brief 5 second pause for buffering at approximately :05, :08, & :12 on every song. once again, code based. this doesn't happen when shuffling stations

4. the transition between songs takes upwards of a minute or so before the next song plays. it shouldn't do that, it should smoothly transition to the next song almost immediately like it does when shuffling thru songs while shuffling stations

5. whenever i click to pause the song, or click to play, there is a 10-15 second delay before it actually responds to the prompt. again, dumpster fire for coding. whomever is at the helm of this task really should learn to properly write code. are they like, still a script kiddie or fresh outta i.t. school or something? sheesh y'all need better people on the engineering team. my god, my cat could write better lines of code lol

6. when attempting to scroll up or down through all my collected songs, there is a considerable lag, causing the screen to jump wildly up & down like an epileptic frog. pretty sure this too, is code based in nature

as an experiment, i tried shuffling all songs thru chrome browser, it works just fine. but unfortunately i can't always play pandora on chrome, as that would interfere with my work. it is strictly a desktop player app problem only

in closing, i am just now getting around to reporting this problem as i have a busy schedule most days, but finally just now found the time to do so. look... i don't want to be an a-hole, i am just disappointed that i must critique whomever codes for you in such an atrocious manner. i have been a pandora user now for well over a decade, & a paying pandora subscriber over 6 years. it's just that, i would like my pandora plus experience to be the best it could possibly be. needless to say, i am NOT a happy listener. in conclusion, i hope these issues can ALL be solved in a much more proficient & timely manner than when i originally posted my complaint. because that took nearly 3 months to happen. for as much money as this company makes, you really should be able to hire competent code monkeys who actually know what they're doing. i am not trying to be obnoxious, i am simply someone who tends to not sugar coat things, i just call things as i see them. with that said, i bid you adieu for now. hope to hear back from someone who will tell me these issues will be addressed asap. with that being said, should all these issues cease to exist, i will shout praises on high at the top of my lungs from the rooftops for the engineering team. after all, i consider myself a fair, but judicious user of all things on the internet, pandora being no exception

sincerely, 

⋘⋖çşƒ⓷⓷⓷⋗⋙

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@csf333 It sounds like you are only running into this issue when streaming Pandora through the desktop app.

To clarify, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

csf333
Underground

macbook pro 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@csf333 Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Something Has Gone Wrong" on MAC Desktop App

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps:

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

csf333
Underground

so unfortunately this will have to be placed on hold until i can get a new sata ribbon cable installed on my rig lol. the fan started making a noise yesterday, so i cracked open the back to clean the accumulated dust out, & right as i was about to close it up, i turned it upside down to shake out any remaining dust & the ssd fell out, severing the sata cable. i'm an idiot haha. nonetheless, thank you, adam. we will resume this issue after the repair is done