cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Volume increases

Bustedbones
Local Performer

Music keeps getting louder and I have to keep turning it down. 

Help!  Thnaks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Bustedbones! Welcome to community.

Something to keep in mind, we don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike radio, which compresses the entire broadcast. So some songs sound louder than others.

We do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.

If there is a vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

If you're experiencing a continued increase in volume, (meaning the volume continues to get louder and louder without change) I can offer some standard troubleshooting that may help. Let me know the web browser you're using and the version you're currently on. Also, if you tend to use only one web browser, I would try a different one to see if you're having the same experience. For example, if you're using Chrome, try Firefox.

Thanks for the help.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Bustedbones! Welcome to community.

Something to keep in mind, we don't alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases, unlike radio, which compresses the entire broadcast. So some songs sound louder than others.

We do use the Replay Gain technique that encodes a fixed volume adjustment into the mp3/mp4 header so that the actual player (web browser, phone or device) can adjust volume just as the track begins playing.

If there is a vast differences, it could also be due to different instrumentation or arrangements causing different apparent levels of volume where the actual decibel levels are the same.

If you're experiencing a continued increase in volume, (meaning the volume continues to get louder and louder without change) I can offer some standard troubleshooting that may help. Let me know the web browser you're using and the version you're currently on. Also, if you tend to use only one web browser, I would try a different one to see if you're having the same experience. For example, if you're using Chrome, try Firefox.

Thanks for the help.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Bustedbones
Local Performer

Thank you, the problem went away for while but is back...?  I will give it some time

Al

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Bustedbones. 👋

How are you listening when this happens? I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps based on how you listen; I've included links below for your web browser.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos