cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "Oops, something went wrong" with Premium Access

Kellie2
Local Performer

I currently have Pandora Plus which means when I search and want to play a song I need to watch an ad first. However, every time I try to watch the ad I get an error message. It says "oops, something went wrong, please try again later."

How can I solve this problem? I am using Chrome on a ThinkPad Lenova laptop.

Thank you!

Kellie

Labels (2)
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Kellie2 Welcome to community.

Since this is happening on a web browser, I moved your message over to our Desktop board.

Can you do me a favor and take a screenshot of the Oops, something went wrong error message to share with me here.

Can you confirm if you may have any ad blockers installed on your Thinkpad?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kellie2
Local Performer

Thank you for moving my message to the correct location. I do have Adblock for You Tube and Adblock Plus installed.  Here are the messages I get.
image (1).pngimage.png

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for sending over those screenshot, @Kellie2!

I'd like to try some testing. Can you disable or make exceptions for Pandora for your ad-blockers. I'd like to see if you have the same experience when these ad blockers are disabled.

This will help narrow down what may be happening. Also, you mentioned using Chrome, would you mind trying another browser like Firefox to see if this happens there too.

Thanks again!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Julieg
Local Performer

I had Pandora Free subscription and already have stations I created long time ago

I just searched to listen to a song/album and found it and tried to play it but get a window that I must listen to an ad. Clicked to listen to the ad and get error message "oops something went wrong"

So I upgraded to Pandora Plus so now I should be ad free and not get the message to watch an ad

But I still get he same message to watch the ad and still get the error message 

How do I listen to a song or album I searched for????

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Julieg. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: "Web: Oops, something went wrong" with Premium Access

Premium Access:

Since these complimentary sessions are supported by advertisements, so you'll need to disable your ad blocker to watch the ad and start your Premium listening experience. If you'd like to avoid this message in the future, just select the Start Station button to the left of the play button.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.

Rest assured your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees. 

You can find out more about these complimentary sessions here: Premium Access

Additional Details:

In the meantime, you can try allowlisting Pandora using these steps: How to Allowlist Pandora with your Ad Blocker

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Julieg
Local Performer

Alyssa,

Same day I paid for Pandora Plus I got fed up not being able to play songs because viewing ads was not working so I was stuck in a loop and not hearing music. After fighting your system for an hour and still not hearing music I upgraded to Pandora Premium for $9.99/mo and got 1st month free and now finally hearing music on my pc. I still got billed $4.99 for Pandora Plus for the 1 hour I had it but not being able to hear music. I feel I should not have to pay $4.99 since I had system glitches and no music playing. I should have Pandora Premium for 1 month free offer and then pay $9.99/month to continue. Can you credit me the $4.99?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @Julieg.

Looks like you have an open case with one of our support agents via email. They will be in touch with you soon regarding your request. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos