cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: "Poor Network Connection" Error

chcamxcana
Underground

I keep getting this message "Poor network connection. Listening will resume when it's restored." on my desktop when trying to use pandora. I am using Chrome. I've restarted Chrome, cleared the history, cookies, cache etc. and still having issues.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

BigMeanie
Underground
I am no longer having the issue.
Thanks.

View solution in original post

34 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chcamxcana Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Chrome Troubleshooting

It may also help to try streaming Pandora on a different browser to see if the issue is specific to Google Chrome.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Hi,

My desktop app and website both say poor network connection listening will resume when it is restored. but, my network connection and speed is just fine. I have never had this problem before I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but it's not working. I am using windows and my browser is Microsoft edge.  I prefer to continue using Microsoft edge if possible. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Local Performer

Pandora.png

Here is a screenshot 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @127. 👋

It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

You can try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

tonysullentrup
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue.  Same browser.  My internet speeds are great too.  

"Poor network connection. Listening will resume when it's restored"

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tonysullentrup. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message.

Which web browser are you using when you notice this error message?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

travisd01
Local Performer

I am having this issue as well. Just started this week; have never had this issue before. Using Chrome Version 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit).

0 Kudos

BigMeanie
Underground

This issue just started for me yesterday, 03-21-22. Windows 10 (v21H2, build 19044.1586, Ex Pack 120.2212.4170.0) Pandora app (V15.0.3.0) and Chrome Version (99.0.4844.82 Official Build 64-bit) both have issues. I get the same message no matter what browser I try. The phone app seems to be working without issues.

0 Kudos

L1ghthouse
Underground

Same problem here... just started this week.

0 Kudos

jschub9516
Local Performer

Likewise here, never had the problem before.  Using latest version of Safari.  Started mid-March 2022.   "Poor network connection. Listening will resume when it's restored."

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @travisd01 @jschub9516 @BigMeanie. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. I've shared your feedback with our engineering team on an internal ticket so that they can investigate. If you're able to get a screenshot of the error, this would be helpful to share as well. 

++

Hey, @L1ghthouse. 👋

Which web browser are you using when this happens?

Let me know, and I can share this on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

L1ghthouse
Underground

This screenshot is from the Windows desktop client. Same message in Edge v99.0.1150.39. Happens whenever ads should appear (ads never appear). Several users in my organization have reported the issue. Content filter is showing nothing blocked.

Pandora error.png

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @L1ghthouse. I have shared this with our engineers so they can look deeper into what's happening. 🎧

0 Kudos

L1ghthouse
Underground

I was able to fix the issue for our org. Wireshark was showing some sort of certificate validation check repeating endlessly (hundreds of packets/s). We use SSL decryption on our web filter so that check will never succeed. I ended up turning off SSL decryption for pandora.com and that fixed the issue for us.

For others, your certificate should be issued to *.pandora.com (see below). If not, you might have the same issue. Hopefully this helps someone else. I still don't know why it wasn't a problem before this past weekend.

L1ghthouse_0-1647973604899.png

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the update, @L1ghthouse. 👍

0 Kudos

Audulator
Underground

Same issue here: playback has a long delay between songs, I can't skip a song, and I see an error banner at the top of the app/window "Poor network connection. Listening will resume when it's restored." This started yesterday for me.

It happens on the desktop app, Chrome ("Version 99.0.4844.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)"), Edge ("Version 99.0.1150.46 (Official build) (64-bit)"), and Firefox ("98.0.1 (64-bit)").

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Audulator. 👋

Thanks for passing those details along. I've shared this on the internal ticket we have open with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jschub9516 @BigMeanie @travisd01 @Audulator. 👋

Could you let me know if you're still experiencing this issue? 

We believe this may be fixed. 🎧

0 Kudos

jschub9516
Local Performer
It is fixed, yes.  Thank you very much!  Appreciate it greatly.